Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Phila, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Weird. There were four of us in a meeting type situation. The regional coordinator spoke to us and tried to sell us the job. It seemed as if they were begging for people to work there. After finishing the group interview, I was pressured to make a second interview (meeting) to discuss when I could start working however I never implied that I was interested in the position. Very small office, and workplace had no windows.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working for a fortune 500 company?   Answer Question

Seemed like it would be an awfully boring and uninspiring position. Recruiter was not very good on selling the job. Commission based pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Township, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Bloomfield Township, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I waited for my interview for 15-20 minutes as a meeting was going on. I found this position requires a lot of travel and an investment to begin working for Aflac. Not my idea of an ideal job.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Roseville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is broad, vague, and in cohesive.
    They get their leads from Career builder, and other internet job boards, they call you "Hey were with a fortune 100 company come to interview"
    It starts with a group interview "Who wants to work for for no pay?" After a 3
    Second round interview is one on one with district coordinator. I haven't actually heard of anyone who is like "I wanted to work for AFLAC but didn't get the job after the interview" they hire more people than they can reasonably train, and only support the individuals who buy AFLAC or who get their family and friends to buy.

Interview Questions

• This job is commission only. Are you willing to work for commission only?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Braintree, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Group interview with workers from various backgrounds. Lots of information about types of insurance and potential pay. Talked a lot about his personal experience and why he would suggest this job for others.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First interview you sit in a room with a bunch of other applicants and receive a presentation about the company. You are told how much money you could potentially earn on the entirely commission based salary. I went to the group "interview" one day, a one on one interview the next day and was offered the job the day after. I turned it down because it seems like Aflac just hires people to get some cheap or free work out of them before that person is forced to quit to find a paying job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was not asked any of the typical questions. The interview was more informational in nature, teaching about what the job would entail and potential income. It seemed sort of like a sales pitch. Very laid back style. He offered me the job on the spot, but I get the impression that they hire a lot of people since the position is 100% commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, the problem is that the company doesn't offer a good pay. You can do ALL the job, and if the customers want your service, you get the commission. But it is more likely that you will do ALL the work (driving a lot in your own car, exposed to heat, talk to a bunch of people, repeating the same things over and over, etc) and f the customers don't want your service, then they pay you ZERO cents: which is very unfair because you still have to do the whole work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a California insurance licence?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a meet and greet to break the ice. It was a little deceptive with a Powerpoint showing large income potentials 10 years down the road to boost interest. The second interview more formal but somewhat deceptive. i generally asked most of the questions. The problem is you are required to use your car, your fuel, your home, and your computer resources. Aflac explains this is a work/life balance. They should consider investing in people they really believe in.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in sales and earning on commisions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

mostly gauging communication skills, eye contact, most dsc's will hire just about any who has positive outlook on life, they want to know if you are ethical, can you sell?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interesting process that could be more than expected from. There was little to do. One simply had to show up to be offered the position which is obviously generally a terrible sign . The interview questions were quite generic and left one to believe the position being offered was not as financially rewarding as initially advertised. There are many people who find such a career path worthwhile but it does not appear to have large opportunities for growth within the company.

Interview Questions

See What Aflac Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “As an associate you get the opportunity to earn exactly what you're worth. When I started I had ZERO experience with any kind of insurance but through the Aflac Corporate Training...”“As an associate you get the opportunity to earn exactly what you're worth. When I started I had ZERO experience with any kind of insurance but through the Aflac Corporate Training (Sales School), classroom training and my District Manager helped me every single day for years and made sure that I earned an income. You get the freedom and flexibility to take time off when you need to but also get to work as much as you want. You are always moving forward and your clients are amazing! I definitely recommend working here! If you are a go getter and want to succeed then you will get all of the help and support you need to be successful and the sky is the limit!” – Full Review