Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

1.7

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

They schedule through their secretary a group interview first. There were about 6 people in a panel table and the recruiter spoke to us for about an hour. We were able to ask questions. They also asked us to fill out a questionnaire. After that, if they liked you they called you back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is easier to sell: Something tangible or something intangible?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Someone from their office contacted me via email and told me they found my resume on monster.com. They asked me if I could come in for an interview, so I set it up. Once I arrived there was waiting room full of people who also set up interviews. They sat all of us in the conference room and talked about the company and how they make money. Pretty much this is a cold calling job where you will be required to make sales over the phone. There is no base salary, this is strictly commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Culver City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call,
    Scheduled Interview
    Attended group interview/presentation - We filled out a sheet of paper with questions regarding AFLAC known competitiors and if we were familiar with their main products such as interim unemployment insurance; payout ~$3,000 - $8,000 over 3 months.
    1:1 Interview - Room was small, I am 5'10 200 lbs. Lasted < 5 min. I did not get to explain my full background

Interview Questions

• Does this seem like a good fit for you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Newark, DE).

Interview

Two step interview, the first was in a group setting, the second was a 1 on 1. I didn't like the first interview, felt like I was being herded. There are a lot of numbers thrown around and not really too much discussion about your role at the company. As an independent employee there was a lot of tax information that was withheld.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gillette, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Gillette, WY) in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted, set up a web cam interview at time of your choice. When the time came, the interviewer had technical problems, so the interview was over the phone. Interview went well, a lot of questions about my experience, and skills. At the end I was given a history of aflac speech and was told I would have a second interview. The next day I received an email stating the position had been filled.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Was a GROUP INTERVIEW... I really don't like group interviews. You don't feel special. You already know if you want the job that you can have it if you're willing to pay for it...

Interview Questions

• Went through a presentation of how they work and benefits to customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Juliet, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Mount Juliet, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I was invited in for two one on one interviews to find out about the role and the income opportunity. It was very inclusive. He covered the income structure, the license requirements and process and some details on the sales process. The interview provided all of the information I needed to feel confident I understood the position. In the second interview, he was willing to answer a myriad of questions I had taken notes on from the first interview and my research on the position.

Interview Questions

• Would this be something I was interested in?
      What skills did I posses that would make me a good fit?
      Were there obstacles in the position that I might face with my skillset?   Answer Question

I didn't feel I could work on a strictly commission basis.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Apply online, receive a phone call from their HR department, group interview (they don't tell you its a group interview), then if they like you they will call you back for another 1-on-1 interview. If you get the 1-on-1 interview you will most likely get the job. Then you have to get your license (which you have to pay for). If you pass they will assign you a district and you're on your way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Braintree, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Group interview with workers from various backgrounds. Lots of information about types of insurance and potential pay. Talked a lot about his personal experience and why he would suggest this job for others.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Wilmington, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked general questions, nothing too tricky or specific. They really just want to make sure you are a decent human being and have a good work ethic. Try to show you have drive, give an example of where you went above and beyond. This job requires both looking and acting the part so show confidence and dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would do well in a sales position?   Answer Question