Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

1.7

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Reno, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Overall good. Upfront about commission only which is a plus. Description was detailed regarding bonuses. Only thing that was confusing was renewals and already established accounts (was under the impression that new associates help with this right away to supplement income which is not the case).

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Phila, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Weird. There were four of us in a meeting type situation. The regional coordinator spoke to us and tried to sell us the job. It seemed as if they were begging for people to work there. After finishing the group interview, I was pressured to make a second interview (meeting) to discuss when I could start working however I never implied that I was interested in the position. Very small office, and workplace had no windows.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working for a fortune 500 company?   Answer Question

Seemed like it would be an awfully boring and uninspiring position. Recruiter was not very good on selling the job. Commission based pay.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Roseville, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is broad, vague, and in cohesive.
    They get their leads from Career builder, and other internet job boards, they call you "Hey were with a fortune 100 company come to interview"
    It starts with a group interview "Who wants to work for for no pay?" After a 3
    Second round interview is one on one with district coordinator. I haven't actually heard of anyone who is like "I wanted to work for AFLAC but didn't get the job after the interview" they hire more people than they can reasonably train, and only support the individuals who buy AFLAC or who get their family and friends to buy.

Interview Questions

• This job is commission only. Are you willing to work for commission only?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

mostly gauging communication skills, eye contact, most dsc's will hire just about any who has positive outlook on life, they want to know if you are ethical, can you sell?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Township, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Bloomfield Township, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I waited for my interview for 15-20 minutes as a meeting was going on. I found this position requires a lot of travel and an investment to begin working for Aflac. Not my idea of an ideal job.

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Hickory, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

We met for lunch. It was very informative and comfortable but professional. We discussed the opportunities in the area and how the compensation process works. A complete review of my resume was done. Discussion about licensure requirements was completed. You must obtain a health license and pay for it up front.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience discussion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a meet and greet to break the ice. It was a little deceptive with a Powerpoint showing large income potentials 10 years down the road to boost interest. The second interview more formal but somewhat deceptive. i generally asked most of the questions. The problem is you are required to use your car, your fuel, your home, and your computer resources. Aflac explains this is a work/life balance. They should consider investing in people they really believe in.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in sales and earning on commisions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Dayton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

The process is fairly informal. They bring you in and mostly feels like you are interviewing them. They tell you about money making opportunities and these trips but beware... If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I would have liked for them to have a more stringent screening process including a personality test and a bit more honesty about just how difficult it is to make it in the business.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a lot of money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews that were about 30 minutes. They excited me about working at AFLAC b/c of the freedom and cool trips you could go on if you did well.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First interview you sit in a room with a bunch of other applicants and receive a presentation about the company. You are told how much money you could potentially earn on the entirely commission based salary. I went to the group "interview" one day, a one on one interview the next day and was offered the job the day after. I turned it down because it seems like Aflac just hires people to get some cheap or free work out of them before that person is forced to quit to find a paying job.