Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.7

166 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I received an email from the Regional Benefits Consultant and was asked if I wanted to set up an interview. The woman found my resume on ZipRecruiter. I accepted the interview, and there were two other people there with me. The three of us met with the Regional Manager (not the initial person who emailed me) and discussed the following: history of the company, what the company entails, compensation, career advancement, day-to-day responsibilities of a sales associate, etc. My meeting was very informative, cut, and dry. You are only paid commission, which is a downfall. Your manager pays for your online licensure training, but not for your state exam. The Regional Manager gave us a piece of paper with examples of how much you can earn in your first three years with Aflac. You have unlimited amount of potential to make as much money as you want. He showed us the bonus structures for the first two years as well. The meeting lasted approximately 45 minutes. At the end of the meeting, he gave us back the questionnaires that we filled out prior to the interview and we had to answer two questions: 1.) Are you still interested in this position? 2.) If so, what attracts you to this position? I thought that the interview process was well-organized and executed neatly. That initial meeting with multiple interviewees will only weed out the ones who are not interested/not a good fit for the company. It is a good strategy on Aflac's end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Where do you currently work? Why did you leave your last place of employment?   Answer Question
  • Are you still interested in this position? If so, what attracts you most about this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Group Interview, around six people, they explained that it was a strictly commission based sales position with no benefits, something that was not told to use before traveling across town for the interview, I believe that a phone interview in place of a group interview would be better.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was recruited from my campus and offered an interview, but wasn't told it would be a group interview. I got there, and the manager of the branch was moreso trying to sell us the job, than ask us questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aflac as a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was fairly easy. It was in a group setting and they basically just explained how to make money and what the company was about. The second interview was one on one.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

It was easy to be called in the 1st interview explain how the company works in general terms.They asked about previous work and about yourself Also they explained how the wage was what they expected from an aflac worker.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous work and about your personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a meet and greet to break the ice. It was a little deceptive with a Powerpoint showing large income potentials 10 years down the road to boost interest. The second interview more formal but somewhat deceptive. i generally asked most of the questions. The problem is you are required to use your car, your fuel, your home, and your computer resources. Aflac explains this is a work/life balance. They should consider investing in people they really believe in.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in sales and earning on commisions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews that were about 30 minutes. They excited me about working at AFLAC b/c of the freedom and cool trips you could go on if you did well.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was not asked any of the typical questions. The interview was more informational in nature, teaching about what the job would entail and potential income. It seemed sort of like a sales pitch. Very laid back style. He offered me the job on the spot, but I get the impression that they hire a lot of people since the position is 100% commission based.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interesting process that could be more than expected from. There was little to do. One simply had to show up to be offered the position which is obviously generally a terrible sign . The interview questions were quite generic and left one to believe the position being offered was not as financially rewarding as initially advertised. There are many people who find such a career path worthwhile but it does not appear to have large opportunities for growth within the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Chelmsford, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by Aflac through an online job search site. I received an invitation to set up an interview. The first interview was in a crowded office space with around 15 other interviewees. I contacted the recruiter for a second interview and he was very accommodating of my request for a meeting with notice of only one or two days. Your District Coordinator may want to interview you before you start with them, but otherwise you will then have to take a 2-3 week online class and test afterward to receive your insurance license. Then you will be appointed with Aflac and begin working.

Interview Questions

• The questions were rather general and/or straight-forward.   Answer Question