Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews that were about 30 minutes. They excited me about working at AFLAC b/c of the freedom and cool trips you could go on if you did well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was not asked any of the typical questions. The interview was more informational in nature, teaching about what the job would entail and potential income. It seemed sort of like a sales pitch. Very laid back style. He offered me the job on the spot, but I get the impression that they hire a lot of people since the position is 100% commission based.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interesting process that could be more than expected from. There was little to do. One simply had to show up to be offered the position which is obviously generally a terrible sign . The interview questions were quite generic and left one to believe the position being offered was not as financially rewarding as initially advertised. There are many people who find such a career path worthwhile but it does not appear to have large opportunities for growth within the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Chelmsford, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by Aflac through an online job search site. I received an invitation to set up an interview. The first interview was in a crowded office space with around 15 other interviewees. I contacted the recruiter for a second interview and he was very accommodating of my request for a meeting with notice of only one or two days. Your District Coordinator may want to interview you before you start with them, but otherwise you will then have to take a 2-3 week online class and test afterward to receive your insurance license. Then you will be appointed with Aflac and begin working.

Interview Questions

• The questions were rather general and/or straight-forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 steps in the interview process :
    1st one was an interview with the owner of the franchise who was very straightforward about what he was looking for. People with a business owner's mentality who wouldn't be scared to talk and engage with other business owners
    2 nd step was an interview with business owner to explain what the contract is about (was very clear abut independent contract status), the role of sales associate and sales coordinator/trainer. I was also presented expectations and the effort (number of appointments) required to come up with a $25000 commission per quarter.
    3 rd step was conversation with a trainer to explain how you are trained.
    Then, it was up to me to decide. Basically, I understand that you bear the risk and costs as the independent contractor. Aflac provides marketing material and training. Now up to me to decide whether the risk is worth the opportunity...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What keeps you going ?
      What income do you need?
      What are your goals ?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

Interview

First an email, then a group presentation with about 10 applicants. Then a one on one interview with a mgr. who was great and explained everything to me. He showed me around the place where I saw a lot of awards for top salespeople as we as a wall that had contest info and where everyone was in the contest.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was OK with not making a lot of money for a couple months until I build my book.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac (Rockville, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long, I think it ended up being 3 different interviews in total. But the actual interview questions were very lax and not too taxing. It wasn't the toughest interview experience by any means.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round? (Opposed to other shapes)   Answer Question

Better offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac in December 2014.

Interview

After applying or being reached out by a recruiter, you get invited via email to come for an initial group interview and to hear more about the company and the position details. Before the presentation, you are asked to answer a questionnaire on why they should hire you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what would your last employer say about you, why you want to work for them, what are 3 positive things about you, and what motivates you. Then everyone is asked to introduce themselves and the presentation follows with one question regarding what you already know about the company. At the end, you are allowed to ask questions and you are instructed to write down your level of interest in the position. If your interest is mutual with their interest in you, you are called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. The initial group interview is more so to give you an overview of the company, position, and realistic expectations of working in sales such as frequently hearing no. Also, the initial group interview is to assess you in comparison to the other candidates in the room.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Group interview in conference room. Mentioned Manager in training position on the phone but it was post poned after the "presenters" tried to sell you on becoming a salesman.

Appeared to be a scam. Too dependent on commissions for an industry that already has too many negative view points from consumers nationwide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Appleton, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially, I was approached via Email for an interview after they saw my resume posted on an internet job board. The interview itself took about an hour and a half and it was a "group" interview. There was a questionnaire asking for some information about you and why you would be a good fit for Aflac. The interviewer asked us to complete part of the questionnaire at the beginning of the interview and part of it at the end. Overall, it was an informative, pleasant experience and being interviewed with another candidate simultaneously was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for Aflac?   1 Answer