Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.7

166 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Township, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Bloomfield Township, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I waited for my interview for 15-20 minutes as a meeting was going on. I found this position requires a lot of travel and an investment to begin working for Aflac. Not my idea of an ideal job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Hickory, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

We met for lunch. It was very informative and comfortable but professional. We discussed the opportunities in the area and how the compensation process works. A complete review of my resume was done. Discussion about licensure requirements was completed. You must obtain a health license and pay for it up front.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience discussion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a meet and greet to break the ice. It was a little deceptive with a Powerpoint showing large income potentials 10 years down the road to boost interest. The second interview more formal but somewhat deceptive. i generally asked most of the questions. The problem is you are required to use your car, your fuel, your home, and your computer resources. Aflac explains this is a work/life balance. They should consider investing in people they really believe in.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in sales and earning on commisions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Dayton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

The process is fairly informal. They bring you in and mostly feels like you are interviewing them. They tell you about money making opportunities and these trips but beware... If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I would have liked for them to have a more stringent screening process including a personality test and a bit more honesty about just how difficult it is to make it in the business.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a lot of money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews that were about 30 minutes. They excited me about working at AFLAC b/c of the freedom and cool trips you could go on if you did well.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First interview you sit in a room with a bunch of other applicants and receive a presentation about the company. You are told how much money you could potentially earn on the entirely commission based salary. I went to the group "interview" one day, a one on one interview the next day and was offered the job the day after. I turned it down because it seems like Aflac just hires people to get some cheap or free work out of them before that person is forced to quit to find a paying job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Goleta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was with the head district manager and another person applying for the same position.We got to listen to the interviewer give us the history of the company,sell us on why we should work for them and ask him any questions if we wanted to.The 2nd interview was with the regional district manager and myself he asked me a few questions about myself and explained how awesome it is to work for Aflac and explained that I would need to pay for my insurance license/test and asked if i wanted to pay for it right than and there in order to let him know that i was serious about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work for a company that is 100% based on commission and start making money within the next 2months?   Answer Question

I declined the job offer because i wasnt in a financial situation where i could invest my own money to eventually start making money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, the problem is that the company doesn't offer a good pay. You can do ALL the job, and if the customers want your service, you get the commission. But it is more likely that you will do ALL the work (driving a lot in your own car, exposed to heat, talk to a bunch of people, repeating the same things over and over, etc) and f the customers don't want your service, then they pay you ZERO cents: which is very unfair because you still have to do the whole work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a California insurance licence?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

No interview, just an information session. Several people were present. we were told about the commission structure, several succeed stories, and the fact that the company was going to supply us with leads. This last part was not true. The leads are lists of companies from Sales Genie or Reference USA. Both lists are only 50 percent accurate, and person or process was used to examine them. In other words, it was pointless and useless.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was not asked any of the typical questions. The interview was more informational in nature, teaching about what the job would entail and potential income. It seemed sort of like a sales pitch. Very laid back style. He offered me the job on the spot, but I get the impression that they hire a lot of people since the position is 100% commission based.