Afni Interview Questions in Bloomington, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2016

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Afni (Bloomington, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The selection process has two sections. The first was a computer based test including Math, English and a simulation. This was followed by a personal interview. The computer based test was pretty easy with some basic math questions and some vocabulary. The personal interview was on a one on one basis with the usual questions, about yourself and your work experience, your work ethics etc.

Collection Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afni (Bloomington, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Typing test, application, along with assessment, which was to the point a process. Unfamiliar with but as a serious minded individual I won't give up but continue too seek an opportunity to work in the Bloomington, and Normal area, job prospects in Chicago are far and few and in between.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afni (Bloomington, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Typical process with traditional questions. Wanted to know history and what I could contribute to the job. Pretty standard in terms of what they asked. Had a phone interview first with HR then came and talked with the department in person. Nothing different than what you find elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Asked me standard HR questions. It was mostly based on my resume.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Afni (Bloomington, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

1. Applied on-line
    2. Contacted by HR on phone for a 15 minute phone screen. General questions about why interested in job.
    3. Came to office for testing a week later. Consisted of a 20 minute training video and then an hour-long testing session of listening to 8 acted-out collections phone calls and selecting and/or rating possible things for the collections agent to say or do along the way. Also, there was a 5 minute typing test of copying sentences. Then, even though I had applied on-line, they had me fill out a blank paper application that requested the same information. Plan on spending 2 hours for all of this, even though they tell you 1 hour.
    4. Came back to office 2 days after testing for an interview with HR rep. More general questions, mostly about past working experiences, challenges, and overcoming them. They want to see you "open up." This took about 40 minutes
    5. When hired you get an offer letter, info packet, and paperwork for a drug test. You have 48 hours to take the drug test.
    6. On-the-job-training takes 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were confused and how you gained an understanding.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay is a couple of dollars over minimum for this position during training. Seems like there will be room for negation after training. They also mentioned that there were bonuses.

Operation Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Afni (Bloomington, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

The process took way to long. After trying to complete a non-existent application for position from employee referral I was able to submit interest via email to a member of management. After two different personality tests and four 1:1's, two panel discussions and a luncheon, they finally offered low. By just guessing, time spent overall was over 20 hours spent on interviews with the company. Many times the emails for communications to coordinate interviews times were unprofessional with misspellings, a casual attitude and rescheduled a number of times. Office & workplace seemed professional and front desk & frontline personnel encountered during visits was customer service friendly. Culture discussed in interviews was overly reliant on great place to work & need to flexibility.