Agari Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agari Interview Questions

Interviews at Agari

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agari (Raleigh, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

Initial 30 minute screen with the engineering director about the company, my expectations and background, etc. Then an hour-long live coding exercise on CoderPad. Then a five-hour onsite interview that was broken up into multiple one-hour sessions with pairs of developers. They're interested in seeing how you think, how you engineer, how you consider edge cases and tradeoffs and assumptions.

Interview Questions

• Given some classes and subclasses, get this set of tests (asserting behaviors on the parent and children classes) passing.   Answer Question
    • Given this sample SQL schema, show how to get data out of it using different kinds of joins.   Answer Question
    • Write an algorithm that will take two arrays of numbers and merge only the unique values into a final sorted array.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agari (San Mateo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Everything was handled very well, from scheduling of phone screen to the onsite interview and the process after that. The phone screen was 1 hour long and contained two parts, one with OO design question, the second one was involving data structures. Both were not that difficult. Just brush up on your OO concepts and basic DS fundamentals (also sorting algo etc).

Their VP of Engg is a great guy. He interviewed me during phone screen and even though I was a little nervous and dug myself into some holes here and there, he was actually helpful in getting me back to the core of the problem. This is in stark contrast to some phone interviews I had where it was handled by junior engineers and they were of no help at all. His experience really shined through and made a very good impression on me.

The onsite interview involved more of white boarding algo questions and design questions. Nothing really difficult, but make sure you practice explaining your projects before hand on a whiteboard or a piece of paper.

I told them to also include some kind of actual coding project since it is easier that way for me to think and showcase my talent. They said they would consider it.

All in all, very good experience. The people were mature, professional and friendly and NOT cold and unfriendly (as it has become the norm in some tech companies).

I decided not to accept the offer since I had a competing offer whose compensation differed significantly.

Interview Questions

• OO Design question about classes and subclasses   1 Answer
    • Merging of two arrays into one with unique elements   1 Answer
    • Conversion of number to hexadecimal   3 Answers
    • Minesweeper algorithm and design   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agari (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There was a technical interview on coderpad.io. Basic questions regarding mysql queries and fixing compile time errors in either python or java codebase. The technical interview questions were regarding structural and algorithmic approaches.

Interview Questions

• Write mysql queries demonstrating left, right, inner, and outer joins.   Answer Question

Sales Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Agari (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Round 1 - The talent recruiter reached out to me about the opportunity. We had a great conversation. She did a fantastic job describing the opportunity and company. A+!

Round -2 with the hiring manager and that went as well as expected. Thoughtful questions and good answers. I was asked for a writing assignment. Which I did. It was disappointing to never get any feedback on my submission though.

Round - 3 with the hiring managers boss. First up they missed out first scheduled interview. Alright stuff happens. Reschedule....
    Their late...
    Hasn’t read my resume or profile...
    Talks about his last success.
    Focuses on the short stints in my background
    Never asks me about the demonstrated successes in my background, multi year stints. They are clearly grabbing at things that jump out as he scans my resume. No order. The interview had already gone sideways.

Good candidates like myself take the time to be prepared. I was. A interviewers responsibility is to do the research so you can have a meaningful conversation. When a executive doesn’t take that time it shows a lack of respect and understanding of their duties in the hiring process. They think they can wing it. That’s such a bummer as the lack of preparation made the interviewer fail to ask meaningful questions and struggle in answering some of mine. Good outcome was doubtful. I was disappointed as I knew I probably wouldn’t want to work for this person based on what I observed in this experience.

I don’t doubt this is a good company. I do doubt leaders that don’t take the time to simply read a resume or LinkedIn profile before you interview candidates.

Be empathetic you know what it’s like to interview. Its so disappointing for candidates when you don’t show up prepared. As now our conversation is compromised as you struggle to learn about the candidates while saving face in light that you just didn’t come prepared. It gives off the worst first impression Especially when your hiring experienced professionals.

To be transparent, I wasn’t surprised to hear that I wouldn’t be moving on in the process after this interview. You failed me and you failed yourself.

Best of luck to Agari.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agari (Foster City, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to be via LinkedIn regarding an open role. Within a week I did an in office interview with three employees. Very friendly and welcoming and was open and honest in regards to any questions I had about the role and the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you were faced with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agari (Foster City, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The initial contact was with the recruiter. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited for an on-site interview to meet with the G&A team. Because I had an existing offer, they were able to expedite a final on-site interview with the management team quickly. The overall experience was excellent. The people I met with were well prepared and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for a person responsible for the company's people and culture.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agari (San Mateo, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Met the Director of Engineering at Campus Career Fair. Submitted resume and got a phone interview invite about 1 week after. Had the interview two weeks later, pair programming on codepad. Sql query questions, general class implementation, not hard. Then was invited for onsite interview. 2 rounds, every round talked to 2 engineers.(some may be remote) ended with A quick wrap up. Got the offer the next day and accepted it. People are very friendly and questions are reasonable, overall very collaborative. (not ask questions to trick you) Great experience. Recommended!

Interview Questions

• Design a game; how dns/browser works; algo questions like convert to hex. Nothing unreasonable or tricky.   Answer Question