Agari Sales Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Agari

1 Interview Review

Sales Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Agari (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Round 1 - The talent recruiter reached out to me about the opportunity. We had a great conversation. She did a fantastic job describing the opportunity and company. A+!

Round -2 with the hiring manager and that went as well as expected. Thoughtful questions and good answers. I was asked for a writing assignment. Which I did. It was disappointing to never get any feedback on my submission though.

Round - 3 with the hiring managers boss. First up they missed out first scheduled interview. Alright stuff happens. Reschedule....
Their late...
Hasn’t read my resume or profile...
Talks about his last success.
Focuses on the short stints in my background
Never asks me about the demonstrated successes in my background, multi year stints. They are clearly grabbing at things that jump out as he scans my resume. No order. The interview had already gone sideways.

Good candidates like myself take the time to be prepared. I was. A interviewers responsibility is to do the research so you can have a meaningful conversation. When a executive doesn’t take that time it shows a lack of respect and understanding of their duties in the hiring process. They think they can wing it. That’s such a bummer as the lack of preparation made the interviewer fail to ask meaningful questions and struggle in answering some of mine. Good outcome was doubtful. I was disappointed as I knew I probably wouldn’t want to work for this person based on what I observed in this experience.

I don’t doubt this is a good company. I do doubt leaders that don’t take the time to simply read a resume or LinkedIn profile before you interview candidates.

Be empathetic you know what it’s like to interview. Its so disappointing for candidates when you don’t show up prepared. As now our conversation is compromised as you struggle to learn about the candidates while saving face in light that you just didn’t come prepared. It gives off the worst first impression Especially when your hiring experienced professionals.

To be transparent, I wasn’t surprised to hear that I wouldn’t be moving on in the process after this interview. You failed me and you failed yourself.

Best of luck to Agari.