Agency Within Digital Marketing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agency Within Digital Marketing Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Agency Within

3.3

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agency Within in June 2018.

Interview

First there is an IQ test then a Excel test then 2 phone screens and then maybe an in person interview. The guy i interviewed with on phone told me thy would be getting back to me and i had to email them a week later to get a rejection email. They also ended canceling my phone interview last minute the first time it was scheduled. Very impersonal and unprofessional

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Agency Within

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agency Within.

Interview

After HR phone screen I got an excel test to be finished in 2 hours (question and data seemed to be the same as others). Then I had another phone call with a staff, basically going through my answer to the test. I interviewed onsite 1 month later. I ended up staying in their messy and crowded office for 4-5 hours, talking with 4 different people over many similar behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agency Within (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Very quick and organized, I appreciated the punctuality of the decision and the follow-ups. I do wish that there was more of a human interaction, as most of the emails seemed automated (for the tests) and when I reached out to the HR email (a specific person) with a question regarding scheduling times I received no response. I understand that the first process is concerning testing but a reply would have felt more humane,

Interview Questions

• 1 personality test, 1 general logic test, and a 2-hour data and Google excel test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Agency Within (Long Island City, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview processes was very lengthy. I was contact through a recruiter and was told of the salary to begin with ($50-$55k). Not what I expected, but I figure I'd give them a chance to see if there was potential for the future.

The first part included a simple data analytics test. Not hard to pass since it was kind of open ended. The second part was an "in-person interview" which included another data analytics test. This was fine, but the questions were poorly worded leading to confusion. After the hour duration, I was told that I'd have to go through it and explain my thought process and logic. That was fine.

Following this process, they pulled together all the employees in the office and they asked me random questions (some a bit too personal and potentially illegal).

The "last" part of the interview included me doing some of their work. They said it was to see if I would be a good fit and mesh will with their employees. I was dropped and given tasks without any explanation.

The true last part of the interview included a closing interview with someone I believe to be a manager (who seemed uninterested in talking to me) and asked what I did during the prior part, what kind of work I did and how that would benefit anything.

I was told I would receive an answer at the end of the day. I was ultimately shot down the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Agency Within (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Very long interview process. First there's a logic test and a personality assessment which takes about 30 minutes. After that it's a 90 minute data test which includes basic algebra word problems and a long forecasting problem in Excel. The next step is a standard phone screen and if that goes well, they bring you into the office for yet another test. This test is two part analysis test using marketing data. After the test, we went over the marketing analysis test and the forecasting part of the data test and finally after that there was a short in person interview. I was rejected the next day with no explanation.

Application

Interview

The hiring process is very arduous, with a seemingly endless number of hoops you're required to jump through. I took a personality test, a sort of IQ test, an initial screener, a more in-depth phone interview, a data test... all before the almost four hour final interview in person. After taking yet another data test in person (one hour), a couple employees walked through the test with me and talked down to me about simple concepts that the test had worded in a way that was misleading. After a standard Q&A, I had to stand in front of everyone in the office while they lobbed bizarre, embarrassing questions at me. After doing a bit of copy writing, I was pushed out the door without a second look and I got a form rejection later in the week. All in all, the most unusual interview I've ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agency Within (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

It was a VERY long and involved interview process. it started with an application, which once submitted required the taking of a personality test and a general skills test. While neither of these tests was very hard, it ended up taking at least an hour, on top of the time it took to finish the actual application. After this I was invited to take an excel test. not super hard but it also took an hour. Once I passed this hurdle, there was then a phone interview. It was not super long but more informational and I explained a bit more about my experience. After this I was invited to do an in person interview.

The in person interview was the strangest I've ever had. It started with an hour long excel test. i then spent another hour going over this excel test as well as the one I had done before. I will say the in-person test was very poorly worded so although not that hard, I didn't completely finish. however, once I was going over the test and the answers were laid out, it became clear what the questions were actually asking, something that had not been clear from the test. After that I had to give a short presentation to the entire team where I talked about why I wanted to work there and why they should hire me. They then went around and asked me 5 questions in front of the group of which I had to answer to the entire team. Then I worked with two different employees doing the work they would do in a typical day. Once I had done this for about an hour, i then went over everything I had just "learned" with yet another team member. however, this team member was quite disinterested in what I had to say and made no effort to engage with me, even as I tried to make explaining what he did in a typical day interesting. Up to this point, everyone had been extremely nice and courteous but this employee was clearly not interested int talking to me.

After this I was almost shoved out the door. It was a very abrupt ending to what turned out to be almost a 4 hour interview.

All in all I could tell they really wanted to make sure every employee was a good fit. however, I'm not sure the methods they've chose especially show that.

I was sent a blanket rejection form the next day at close of business.

Interview Questions

• Whats the weirdest thing about you that you would never usually tell to a group of strangers?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agency Within in March 2019.

Interview

I had two behavioral interviews and two skill assessments. One was logic based exam followed by a phone screen. After the phone screen, there was a skill test, then a final interview going over the skill test. Each individual aspect was fine but the time between each step was large. It could have been done much quicker.

Interview Questions

• Write a memo to CEO based off of a data sheet provided.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Agency Within (Long Island City, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Extremely disorganized. I completed my initial IQ test in late January, a data test in early February, and was called for a phone interview in mid-February. At this time, I was told I would receive next steps the following week - after two weeks, I called the company and was informed that my original interviewer no longer worked there. I was scheduled for a phone call with an accounts manager in mid-March, one month after my first phone interview. Again, I was told I would hear back the following week, but had to call the office multiple times before I received a response. I was told that they were no longer hiring for the position I had applied for, but was invited for an in-person interview for a different position at the end of April. This was a three-hour process of learning the Facebook ad platform, completing a group presentation, and two one-on-one interviews. The person who taught me the platform was helpful, but the panel I presented to was clearly uninterested (most of them were eating grilled cheese and talking about getting drunk. The office is somewhat dingy and several people sat in folding chairs.) I received an automated rejection letter the following week. All told, I was dealing with this company for three months and experienced nothing but unprofessionalism. Only two or three people involved in the whole process seemed to care, and if they were not interested in hiring me, I would have appreciated more promptness on their part so as not to waste my time.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

I only got to the second stage: one was a basic online assessment, and the second was an excel test which was pretty difficult. The excel test asked you to do a forecast without using the forecast or trend functions.

Interview Questions

• Forecasting question, but without using the forecasting or trend function   Answer Question