Agency Within Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agency Within Interview Questions

Interviews at Agency Within

3.3

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agency Within in February 2019.

Interview

Applied through ripple match and received data challenge very soon. We scheduled a time but they sent to me before the time started. I finished at the scheduled time. But I did not do it very well.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Agency Within (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First we did a bunch of tests (analyze this data, take this skills test), then phone screens where we went over the tests. Then I was called for an onsite. There were two more skills test--for me, Google ads and Facebook ads--then a panel-type thing in front of 15 employees who then asked you anything. After that, there was a one-on-one with an account manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Digital Marketing? Why Agency Within? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agency Within in July 2019.

Interview

2 hours data test using excel and then 15 mins phone screen. I am still waiting for next round. The process is really fast. I got an phone screen invitation only half an hour after I submit the test answer.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agency Within in March 2018.

Interview

This is a fake company.....they have people who they want to hire on H1B (International candidates) and part of the hiring process is to advertise roles so that anybody can apply. This is a mandatory thing by the USCIS to advertise and not just chose your resource. In order to do that they advertise positions but the position is already earmarked. So you have zero chance - even if you answer all questions right.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agency Within.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice and polite. I didn't get the job but, it was a valuable experience for me. They took me seriously and quickly replied to my job application.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Agency Within in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a stock email with a coding challenge. The process was completely automated, and I was required to give a certain time and day to receive the challenge. The fact that I was asked to spend a somewhat significant amount of time (more than 30 minutes) on the very first stage and not have any contact with employees to ask basic questions about the company/culture really bothered me. I understand that the company may have strict technical requirements that applicants need to fill, but at least the courtesy of a 10 minute phone screening would have been nice. I decided not to continue and spent time applying to other places.

Interview Questions

• A coding test in which you need to design and develop a dashboard application. You have 4 days from the time you decide to get the test sent to you to complete it.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Agency Within.

Interview

A phone interview and an in person interview with the team. It was real basic to be honest. Just regular questions of your experience, your goals, what you know about the company, etc. They boasted about hiring people straight out of college, but completely overlooked all of my skills and my degree. Interesting. Judging from the overall staff, you must have the complexion for the connection. I've never seen a company that lacked so much black and brown diversity as much as this one does. I guess they're looking beyond talent and looking for young individuals who are lighter than a brown paper bag.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agency Within (Long Island City, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager scheduled a phone screen quite quickly after submitting an application.

She was extremely straightforward and informative about both the job and the company, as well as its dynamics, culture, and structure.

Within a week, I was sent an assignment to determine my experience and qualifications. It was a 4-question Excel-based project that would certainly decipher one's abilities with Excel as well as grasp on math and critical thinking.

Shortly thereafter, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I was given another 2-part Excel-based exam with a 60-minute timeline, followed by a 60-minute follow-up to discuss my responses, as well as insights and relevant information. I was then asked to give a presentation in front of the majority of the company (not so much as presentation, as selling myself as the best candidate for the job). They then went around the room asking me (sometimes fun/silly) questions to get a feel for my personality, as well as ability to think quickly on my feet.

I'll admit, though nerve-racking at first, it was actually quite a fun experience and great way to relate to potential future coworkers.

Seeing that I would be a fine addition, I was asked to stay an extra hour for some brief training to gauge how quickly I could learn the material. (I actually came in the next day as I had other obligations)

All in all, it was a unique and fairly fun experience. Agency Within has a unique structure and culture that I fully appreciate and believe is an ideal structure for a smaller company making strides in the field.

Although I ultimately accepted another offer, seeing how the company functions with a unique blend of fervor and fun, I would've loved to work with them. If I ever end up on the job market again, I'll most certainly be sending them an application.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a fully transparent setting?   1 Answer

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Agency Within (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and the creative director. Pretty easy interview, we talked about my experience and various projects that I have worked on. I was notified a few days later that they have decided to go with someone else, I really respect that because many company employers in NYC will not respond even after a simple followup.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agency Within.

Interview

The website has a direct link to a form to complete. There is a personality test and a data test. I passed the first round and was contacted by Noelle, the HR Manager, and asked to take another data test. This one had to be scheduled and done on Excel. There were four questions and the exam was timed via receipt of email. The first three were SAT style math questions which required some critical thinking but not too challenging. The final question was a large forecasting problem that I personally had no idea how to do since I was never exposed to this sort of problem before, and you aren't allowed to use the forecast or trend functions to solve it. They suggested you spend 75 minutes on just this portion of the exam... I did my best, but it wasn't good enough. Received an automated rejection afterwards.

Interview Questions

• VitaPath is a vitamin chain throughout Canada. All orders are shipped FedEx Overnight or 2nd Day on the date requested by the customer. VitaPath acquires new customers with daily spots on the Health Network, and also enjoys a brisk repeat business. Three times each month, VitaPath sends an e-mail to its entire customer base containing special offers. July sales data is detailed below, and the e-mail drop dates are highlighted in blue. Using this information, create a forecast for August daily orders, shipments, new customers, and retention orders in the attached excel file. Please also include a write up explaining all of the relationships you discovered and analysis you performed. Do not rely on the forecast and trend functions for your answer. Try to find relationships between the different columns of data.   Answer Question