Agency for the Performing Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agency for the Performing Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly and overall the interview was pretty smooth but they told me that the pay was a non negotiable $12.50 an hour. I don't know how anyone could survive on that without additional financial support.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your dream job? What kind of music do you like? How do you handle pressure and changing priorities?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

I had three in-person interviews. My interviewers were at least 15 minutes late to each appointment; at our last meeting I waited for about 25 minutes. I was offered a position starting at $15/hour and countered at $17. They responded that my qualifications don't justify that salary and that I have "no relevant experience." (Incidentally, I've held the same job they were hiring me for for the past 2 years.) I thanked them for their time and as I was about to say goodbye, they said they could offer me $16. I accepted the counteroffer, and they told me they would have to get HR's approval since I "don't really have the skills or experience to justify it." I never heard from them again. I followed up a week later via phone and was told to leave a message with reception. I sent them one more email and it was ignored. Look, I get that it's a business and they're trying to pay people as little as possible. But I think it's insanely unprofessional to offer someone a job and then ghost them. I also found their negotiating tactic (telling me repeatedly how inexperienced I am when that's simply not true) pretty low and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered in a previous job and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts.

Interview

first brought into 1:1 with office administrator (HR) for overview of the job, more basic "how you work" questions. second half is a chat with an agent to see if you would be a fit with that particular agent(s). the agents themselves choose the candidate. depending on which agent you are paired with the level of formality could vary

Interview Questions

• What are some of the qualities that make you successful here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Met with the agent. This business is all about who you know. I had the job before I went to the interview. I had lunch with the agent and he filled me in on the role of an assistant and what he was looking for. Then I came in and met with the head of the office. He said, I just wanted to meet you and fill you in on what we are trying to do as an office. We let our agents hire their own assistants so the job is yours. I don't really remember any questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts.

Interview

Had one phone interview and one in person interview. No background check or need for past employer referrals. Only met and talked to one person. Very informal, got the job that evening and started the next Monday.

Executive Assistant for Music Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and came in for an interview a few days later. Interviewer was really nice and asked basic questions about my experience, background, why I want to work in music, etc. Be prepared to explain why you want to be an agent and why you think your experience would make you a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent, describe your background/previous experience, what type of music do you listen to, what shows do you go to, who are some of your favorite artists?   Answer Question

Mailroom Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts.

Interview

I met and interviewed with the interview committee, which consisted of someone from every department. Once through that, I met with HR and the director of operations and got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What department do you want to work in?   1 Answer

Mailroom Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts.

Interview

The interview process was terrific. Did two rounds of interviews, meeting with several agents and directors from legal/business affairs, administration, and operations. This is a top agency, so expect the interview to be conducted at a standard that is synonymous with the company's stature.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about why you want to be an agent, what sort of agent and department you are interested in, and what are some qualities you embody that would allow you to fit right in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief, just formality. They're looking for interns to hire afterwords so just make sure you're well informed on the industry. Read up on Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, Variety, etc. You also definitely need a connection the company, they got a ton of applications.

Agent Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agency for the Performing Arts (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is probably one of the longest and toughest that I've endured, having gone through series of interviews with HR, followed by several agents. The way it works is that the members of the agent trainee committee must all approve of you, or else you're not accepted. It's extremely important that you prepare and come up with stories of your accomplishments, times you've failed, why do you want to be an agent, What do agents do, and questions that will test your ability to think under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, pay is the same for all the big agencies.