Aggreko Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

APS Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aggreko (Pearland, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line in late December, one week later had a phone screen with the recruiter. A few days later had a telephone interview with the hiring manager and senior BDM. Two days later did a telephone sales assessment, and within a few days was scheduled to fly to Pearland for a number of interviews. Had 4 separate interviews with hiring manager, senior BDM, and 2 senior engineers. Dinner with the sales manager and another senior engineer, then the next morning a final interview with the VP. These guys move impressively fast and was informed of the decision within the timeframe they said. Unfortunately was not offered a position, I think this would be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• The usual, background/experience/motivators. Was asked if I was on a football team, what position would best suit me.   Answer Question

Aggreko Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aggreko (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, phone interview with Area Sales Manager, face to face with Area Sales Manager and then panel interview with Area General Manager and Area Sales Manager. The overall interview experience for me personally can be described as being beset by disorganization, contradiction, and lack of candor during the process. I do appreciate and respect the VP of HR calling me personally and being straightforward, understanding and handling the situation with diplomacy.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aggreko (Pearland, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the Indeed website. The next day I received an email from a Aggreko recruiter asking me to call them to set up a phone interview. I called and spoke to the Aggreko recruiter to set up the phone interview with the HR personnel. After the phone interview was setup, I spoke to the HR person for about an hour. The HR person then told me it would be about a week before I would find out if I passed the phone interview (minimal qualifications). The very same day I was phoned back and told they wanted me to come in for a 1:1 interview with the Operations Manager at the local office. Met with the Operations Manager then was told by him I would know if I was accepted within the week. Email was sent after one week to let me know I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience using "M" the program that Aggreko uses throughout its whole company?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Interview

This company uses a recruiter who screens too narrowly and does not delve into real world experiences provided in resume and personal business history. I couldn't even get the recruiter to consider meeting with me.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter said my profile was too sales oriented   1 Answer

Head of Commerial Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aggreko (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial screening by outsource HR company. Then second phone call with Head of Internal HR. Then 2 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you mitigate risk in countries in Latin America? How does your former employer do it?   1 Answer

Instructional Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aggreko (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited to a phone screen, two panel interviews, an interview with each individual team member, an interview with the Training Manager, asked to provide a sample of my work, and then given a grammar test.

Generator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Embakasi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aggreko (Embakasi (Kenya)).

Interview

The receiption was friendly, felt at home and relaxed. Was given refreshments and given time to relax since I had travelled from a distant town. It was a group test interview first before one-to-one interview

Interview Questions

• There were a number of Technical questions pertaining to electricity generation that were asked.   1 Answer

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Friendly and focused on hard skills. They took me on a tour of the facilities before a sit-down interview. The questions were based primarily around my CV and areas of interest, the interviewer focussed a lot on particular classes I had taken at university and quizzed me on how they were relevant to the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to ask us (they had already gone through all the questions I could think of!)   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aggreko in July 2011.

Interview

A fractured disorganized process at best, I am not sure that these people know what they are doing.

After an initial contact from their recruiter I didn't hear from them again in over 6 weeks

After a speaking with two different in-house recruiters I moved to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then to a face to face with the hiring manager and finally an face to face with the hiring manager his regional manager. At each interview I was literally only given a very short time, sometimes only hours to make it to the interview including one out of town trip.

These people clearly don't have any respect for a person's time and expect you to be at their beck and call and be ready to scramble at their whim..regardless of your current situation (fully employed. They dug and dug for industry insights, which I had no problem sharing with them, but they also wanted me to give them direct contacts and phone numbers, which I would not commit to, since I sensed that they only wanted names and companies and once they had them I wouldn't be so interesting to them.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you from all of the candidates available for this job?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aggreko in October 2008.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email scheduling a telephone interview.Was interviewed in February.Got a call in October..these guys sure know how to take their time. Passed the Interview.Set up 4 an on-site interview.was flown to a site and taken through a filed tour, answered a couple of questions.Waiting for a call.