Aggreko Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aggreko Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

Sound and Vibration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aggreko (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews and the position was in Scotland. The first interview was by phone and it looks the interviewees did not have enough information about the position themselves. It looks consultants were doing all sound and vibration tasks.

After long time delay, they informed me that they are very much interested to going forward with second interview.
    Their arrangements for the second interview was very poor.

The second interview questions was actually related to the problems that they had in the company regarding to sound and vibration issues.
    Although, they had a principle engineer but I do not believe he knows that much about the topics based on the questions that he was asking me after answering their questions.

In general, I found that they do not have very much information in this area and all the work had been done with consultants. I felt they just want to have this position open and get many information from the applicants as all the questions were technical regarding to the problems that they had in their machines or environment

Interview Questions

• I can mention two of the questions due to tractability.

If you have a generator and you have a load issue what problem do you think you will have   1 Answer
    • What is your business strategy?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aggreko in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college placement cell. Interview was telephonic. No HR questions were asked. Posting was pune. Selected two candidates. Questions were mainly based for testing technical knowledge. Basic questions about thermodynamics and heat transfer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about thermodynamics and heat transfer.   Answer Question

Generator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Embakasi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aggreko (Embakasi (Kenya)).

Interview

The receiption was friendly, felt at home and relaxed. Was given refreshments and given time to relax since I had travelled from a distant town. It was a group test interview first before one-to-one interview

Interview Questions

• There were a number of Technical questions pertaining to electricity generation that were asked.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aggreko (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2016.

Interview

In a bar
    Asking how much beers can I drink. Looks like a joke but just like that. And this is to long. Regards more words? Ok it's a already enough?
    Or not ?

APS Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aggreko (Pearland, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line in late December, one week later had a phone screen with the recruiter. A few days later had a telephone interview with the hiring manager and senior BDM. Two days later did a telephone sales assessment, and within a few days was scheduled to fly to Pearland for a number of interviews. Had 4 separate interviews with hiring manager, senior BDM, and 2 senior engineers. Dinner with the sales manager and another senior engineer, then the next morning a final interview with the VP. These guys move impressively fast and was informed of the decision within the timeframe they said. Unfortunately was not offered a position, I think this would be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• The usual, background/experience/motivators. Was asked if I was on a football team, what position would best suit me.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aggreko (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

quick and easy, I applied for the job online. The recruiter called me and set up an interview with the service center manager. I met with the service center manager and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panamá (Panama)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Aggreko (Panamá (Panama)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very long process, with a lot of intermediate interviews until you reach the Managing Director Level of your Area, then finishing the process. Because of the position, it was started as a head-hunting process an then in the final cycle it was passed through the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a critical situation in a previous job experience, and how did you manage to solve the issue?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aggreko (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Walk through the facilities, interviewee asked common questions, and expected to answer in both English and Spanish. Explained the change of the company view towards customer satisfaction, where they want to go in the future and views on workplace environment. "Knowing what to expect with the job". Also to expect changes with technology in which the company is adapting with training to learn the terminology in both English and Spanish. Due to the fact of acquiring locations in Spanish speaking countries.

Rental Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Iberia, LA

Interview

Through a staffing company in Louisiana.. The interview was fine, they all were nice.
    I got "hired" started "working" 1 week later... "Training" lasted forever. We were left alone in a room by ourselves for 2 days not knowing what to do... People are rude except a few very sweet women. Management is the worst Ive ever seen in my life. How did they get to those positions. No communication rude and egocentric... Bunch of crazy women. Without a valid reason i got let go after 7 days in the actual job after having wasted over 8 weeks in Training.

If I could give this company a -10 I would glady do it.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with these jerks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aggreko (Paris (France)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview had 3 steps,First interview with Manager (general), then HR manager(specific about motivation and economic requests) and then Manager + Head of sales (really hard, with pressure and hard questions)

Interview Questions

• Experience, strength, weakness and what can you give to the company   Answer Question