Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

I applied online at Agilent.com. I received an email from the recruiter and he passed my resume on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager aranged a phone interview with me that was very pleasant. My next interview was with one of the senior engineers of the group. It was challenging, but also very pleasant. My final interview was with 5 people, 4 engineers and another manager. Some of the questions and tasks were challenging, but most of it I did good on. I think I could have done better, but my enthusiasm for the position helped. Prepare for your interview by reviewing your coarse work and relax. Be enthusiastic and confident about your skills. Finally, be honest on your resume and don't say you know something if you don't. They will test you on your resume and if you can't do what you say, you won't be hired. All of the people that interviewed me were very friendly and fair.

Interview Questions

• I can't give away company questions, but some logic questions were asked and I was asked to design a couple of simple algorithyms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The offer was very generous.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Three interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for what you want.

Interview

two interveiws they were very quick

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Rohnert Park, CA).

Interview

just simple questions.

Interview Questions

• don't get the job, because not enough the language, but I AM A HARDWORKER   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

After submital and review of my resume I received a call indicating further interest and a request for a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for one hour and the questions covered a variety of subjects that tested my knowledge, creativity and problem solving. Approximately one week later I was called and asked to an 'on-site' interview.
    A few days prior to the scheduled on-site interview I received a call asking me to prepare a 15 minute presentation on one of my previous projects. (The job was for an 'experienced' engineer so I believe that the presentation requirement would not be for a new graduate position.) The presentation request 'call' provided only a few details regarding the intent of the presentation but indicated that I would receive an email shortly with the official presentation request. No email was ever sent; the day before the on-site interview I had to email and call persons I thought could get me the official email or additional requirements. I did get through to the hiring manager. He was gracious and provided me some additional direction concerning the presentation. I was able to put together a presentation with little time for review or changes.
    The on-site interview went well, I met with each of the hiring managers team. Each team member had a specific area of knowledge to cover ( approx. 1 hr each). Each member of the team was very professional and I felt comfortable with each of them.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question concerned the relationship between statistical characteristics of sample size, mean and standard deviation and how a change in one might affect the others. I think lost in the example was whether the original small 'sample' size indicated, reflected the entire population or if the population was quite large. In addition the process used to select the sample affects the resulting characteristics of mean and standard deviation.   Answer Question

Graduate Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an onsite interview about a month later. Onsite interview consisted of a 30 minute presentation and 6 1:1 interviews that were about 45 minutes to an hour long. The whole process was well done and I enjoyed my interview there.

Interview Questions

• They were all standard behavioral interview questions and a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Co-Op Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The fist one was with the hiring manager, and we got along pretty well. The second one was technical, basically what you would learn in a circuits or introduction to electronics class. The third was behavioral, and I was asked the standard questions. The fourth was so that I could explain fully what was on my resume and what my skills were.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions were behavioral. They asked me some question that caught me off guard, like what would you do if we lost power but we still had to give a seminar, and you called the power company and they couldn't quickly find the issue?

**Also review circuits, capacitors, High pass filters, RLC circuits, over damped circuits...etc.
      Also be familiar with scopes, function generators, oscilloscopes etc.
      1 Answer

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Loveland, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online through Agilent careers site. Was contacted by recruiter to complete a pre-interview screening questionnaire. Submitted to recruiter within three days, heard nothing for approximately one week. Then I received the same email from the recruiter that I was initially sent. Submitted (again) questionnaire and received a phone interview offer within a day.

Interview was with three person panel over phone - interviewers seemed reasonably prepared, but questions were overly-vague compared to the level of detail the interviewers attempted to force from me. It created a situation where it seemed like they were trying to imply detailed responses from me that simply were not accurate. This situation was frustrating.

At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted within 1 week with an updated status of my application. Never received any communication. Contacted recruiter for status update, recruiter did not respond. This part of the process seemed unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• High quantity of behavioral questions crammed into small time window for interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter initially for a pre-interview set of questions to assess qualifications for the position. After that the Webex/teleconference was set up with a hiring manager and lead from the department. Asked to give a presentation showing previous experience in the position. Interview was about 90 and was comprehensive in terms of past success in the field as well as general questions probing ones personality. Very well conducted and professional. Job description was more technical however the interview was all business acumen.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a technical background the inquiries into business acumen were very unexpected looking back at the job posting.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview

First step was in person behaviorial interview then a technical interview over the phone.