Agilent Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agilent Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2018

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly yet professionally done. HR was helpful. Interview with N+1 levels are very insightful on business outlook and vision. Interview questions were thorough, detailed yet strategic. Interview was two ways dialogue, had better understanding mutually. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Your top strength & weakness, and why you are suited for the role.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall the process was very straightforward. The questions were mainly behavioral based. There were also some questions regarding problem solving such as how you would go about fixing a simple stereo if it was not working. There were 3 hiring managers in the room interviewing and each would go around asking a question. Interview took a little under an hour. Everyone was extremely welcoming and gave you time to answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about fixing a stereo if the music wasn't working?   Answer Question

R&D Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an interview with basic/typical questions. Then, the interview was followed by a technical phone interview. The recruiter failed to confirm a time for the technical interview and, therefore, I was surprised when a hiring manager called without notice. The technical interview consisted of about 30 qualitative electrical engineering questions, some of which are very specific.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specific interview questions, but there seemed to be an excessive use of abbreviations and acronyms that are not common in the industry-at least in my experience. They were definitely wanting someone with more experience for what was advertised as an entry-level position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview

You apply on the web and then a recruiter contacts you if there is a fit. The next step is a phone screen with the hiring manager. If that is positive, then you are invited in for at least a half day of interviews. You are requested to prepare a presentation. The interview team consists of technical and people questions. The technical questions are generally designed to see how much you know about the design process as well as the specifics of the field. They aren't out to trick you. They use a rating matrix where each interviewer is scoring you against certain characteristics. After all of the interviews are complete, they compare scores for each candidate.

Interview Questions

• The biggest challenge is preparing your presentation. You can expect some very tough questions about what you did and why, so be sure to know your topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty standard. They offered something in line with the Radford survey for the position, and I countered. There is room to negotiate salary and some benefits like having 2 monitors instead of one.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews, two being phone interviews, and one being a group interview, and following all of these, I received a call stating that they were interested in me for the position, and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview

The entire hiring process took standard three to four weeks for big firm. Questions were based on relevant prior experience and the hiring process was smooth. Prepare yourself by reviewing fundamentals based on the job description. Be confident about your background in your resume and even if you miss one or two things in the interview it will be fine. Be sure to know what you said you knew.

R&D Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interviews that took up the whole day. There was also a presentation that I had to give to a panel. Everyone was really nice and wanted to help

Interview Questions

Interview

There was written test on accounting , english and mathematics which a non negative marking test basic emphasis was on accounts paper followed by personal interviews .Personal interviews was based entirely on accounting questions and then there were few questions related to current affairs. Also questions were on my internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was already fixed as I was selected through campus placment

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Session on behavioral-style interview and separate sessions for technical, problem-solving, cross-disciplinary engineering topics. Interview team and engineering professionals at this employer are very accomplished, and have quite a culture of self-sufficiency for career-level engineering positions, and of voluntary mentorship for entry-level. You may wish to highlight past experiences in these areas.

Interview Questions

• was asked to propose how a specific manufacturing area needed to be re-vamped   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated starting salary with partial success.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Process starte with a paper questionnaire, followed by screening from HR, then hiring manager, then face to face interview. To be honest, their interviewing skills were pretty insufficient and they don't vet candidates very well. Focus is on speed of hiring rather than quality of hire. All this said, it was a breeze for someone with understanding of how to sell yourself in the situation.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, they didn't ask me anything. They did all the talking about the role, and their jobs. I don't think they knew they were supposed to ask me questions to verify what I claimed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Agilent didn't negotiate at all. it was a take it or leave it offer. The person calling to give the offer was not empowered, prepared or even aware negotiations should happen at that point.