Agilent Technologies Interview Questions in Wilmington, DE | Glassdoor

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GC Applications Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Online submittal of basic information and then job specific questions-phone interview with hiring manager-onsite interview with team. Once I spoke to the hiring manager, he told me I checked every box for the position, he told me about the role and said I would be invited out.
    Three weeks later, when I arrived on site, I gave a 1 hour presentation to the team I would potentially work for. The logistics of setting up the onsite interview were absolutely awful. I was told on a Tuesday that I needed to interview onThursday. Because they outsource their HR and recruitment, there is poor communication amongst the groups. Once I was on site, I had a good talk, which I only had 24 hours to prepare for. I have a long history with this company and know many of the people. After the interview and tour, we had lunch. The more time spent seeing the lab. The people were great. The process leaves a lot to be desired. As a Forbes top employer of 2017, Forbes must have ignored the interview process as part of the rating. I was told I would have an answer within a week. When a week passed, I check in, was told another week. Another week went by, no communication. I checked in again, was told I would know "soon". Two weeks later, after several unanswered emails and unreturned phone calls, my last email to the recruiter who set up my interview (poorly at thay), told me they decided as of that morning to go in a different direction. BS! I know they had selected someone much earlier this than that and just never told me. I am very disappointed in Agilent. A company I have worked with for decades.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with a recruiter, and then she told me she would be in contact with me if they wanted to see me in person. I was then invited to an in person meeting where I met with two people.

Scheduling Coordinatorr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out a detailed online application. I was then contacted by the supervisor hiring for the position for a phone interview. The phone interview was one hour long. I was then contacted again for an in-person 1:1 interview. It was a total of four weeks from application to offer.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had to show leadership when it was not necessarily given to you?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly yet professionally done. HR was helpful. Interview with N+1 levels are very insightful on business outlook and vision. Interview questions were thorough, detailed yet strategic. Interview was two ways dialogue, had better understanding mutually. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Your top strength & weakness, and why you are suited for the role.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall the process was very straightforward. The questions were mainly behavioral based. There were also some questions regarding problem solving such as how you would go about fixing a simple stereo if it was not working. There were 3 hiring managers in the room interviewing and each would go around asking a question. Interview took a little under an hour. Everyone was extremely welcoming and gave you time to answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about fixing a stereo if the music wasn't working?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews, two being phone interviews, and one being a group interview, and following all of these, I received a call stating that they were interested in me for the position, and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

R&D Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interviews that took up the whole day. There was also a presentation that I had to give to a panel. Everyone was really nice and wanted to help

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Phone screening, then panel interview. Mostly behavioral questions, with a couple technical or problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a complex problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I had to do a Power Point Presentation about the position and why I was the best candidate. did several phone interviews with different managers in different countries.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agilent Technologies (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview, then onsite 3 round interview. Phone interview mostly on resume, past projects. Called after 15 days for the onsite. Onsite interview consists of behavioral ques, design and coding question.
    Behavioral ques - Most challenging project, how did you meet deadline for multiple projects
    Coding ques - Given a source code, find what is the expected output. Code had try, catch, finally block.
    Design ques - Design an imaginary television, what other features you would like to include?
    Overall nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a distributed museum where you need to ensure that information is available at each branch. How can you design the web pages so that each page content is different for each country and language?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer as it was a good one.