Agrium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agrium Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Agrium.

Interview

Interviewed in person with the credit manager and HR. Then did a phone interview with the controller. Spoke for approximately an hour. Very easy to communicate with and made process painless. Great people to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experiences that helped grow knowledge   1 Answer

HES Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agrium (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. The woman was very professional and the conversation was positive and flowed smoothly. Had several questions that were relevant to the position and my experience. Was typing in the background with here notes.

Interview Questions

• How I would bring my experience into this position.   1 Answer

Administrator, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agrium (Loveland, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with one of the men in charge of the new HR service center. He was very friendly, polite, and appreciated a sense of humor. We also had one current employee and the recruiter I had spoken with on the phone with us. The process lasted about 30 minutes, I was given plenty of opportunities and time to ask questions, and they clearly explained the company culture and vision for the service center going forward.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agrium (Greeley, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Called me up and asked if I could come in to discuss my resume. Went over resume and decided that I had enough experience driving and proceeded to hire me. Promised a certain number of hours during their busy season, however, that all changed due to weather over the region which slowed the business down, in turn, lessoning the hours for hourly employees.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agrium (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

First: Screening call with a recruiter from Calgary, AB, Canada. Second was a screening interview with the same recruiter and the hiring manager. Third: they asked me to fly to Colorado for a face to face and then asked me to lay out the money for the trip, claiming they would reimburse me later. I declined and then they agreed to arrange for airfare but then claimed they did not have master agreements with hotels and rental car companies despite the fact that they directed me to stay at the Embassy Suites in Loveland, CO and use Avis for my car rental at Denver. When I declined to pay for these expenses upfront, they cancelled the interview.

Interview Questions

• None: face to face interview cancelled before I flew to CO. Never in my career has a hiring company asked me to pay my way first and seek reimbursement. This is a classic case of a company using the other guy's money for "float" before they pay their bills. If you have to travel to interview with Agrium, make sure they pick up the tab.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Agrium.

Interview

I applied online and the Agrium HR department contacted me through email. They scheduled my interview with the department's manager. The interview went well and all the questions were based on behavior and working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with anyone at your previous work place?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Agrium (Pocatello, ID).

Interview

phone screen with HR and the engineering team. i passed that with flying colors and was flown out to lovely ID. that is when it was apparent that they didnt expect their number one candidate to be a person of color. number two, the HR lady made it evident that the two members had been out drinking and fishing. i had to laugh at that. they tried their best to appear open, but i could see through it. the questions were general problem solving questions, questions about my military background etc. it was at lunch when they rushed out nearly leaving me in the process! the HR lady was like "hurry you better catch them?" really?! what a professional comment! and yes i was being sarcastic. i realized that this wasnt a fit, not to mention how the waitress in the diner was reacting to me. honestly i dont think the HR lady was happy there either. she made the comment that she wasnt from around that area.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions per se, except the question about "what did you like most about the military?"   Answer Question

Class "A" CDL/HAZMAT Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Agrium (Spokane, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

There really was no interview. The hiring mananger, after looking over my qualifications, asked me to come in and meet him. he said the main purpose for that was to see if I looked like I could handle the job.My qualifications and records spoke for themselves. What he and other company personel stated that finding a Class"A" CDL driver with a HAZMAT endorsement and a spotless record was not that easy to find. They felt fortunate to have found one.

Interview Questions

• None at this particular situation.   1 Answer

Sales Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agrium (Denver, CO).

Interview

I received an email for a phone interview, which was standard. It was a conference call with recruiter and 2 supervisors of the Denver office. The interview was in depth regarding my experience and behavioral questions and took about 1 hour. I was then invited to fly out for a face to face interview which they financed as I had not yet moved. It was a 3:1 interview and was mostly a recap of the phone interview. I was given a tour as well. One week later, I received notice that while I performed very well, they went with someone local.

Interview Questions

• Tellme about a time when your idea or work was not successful. Why was it unsuccessful? What did you do?   Answer Question

Inventory Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Agrium (Loveland, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who saw my resume on monster.com. She said she thought I would be a great fit at the company so I decided to interview for the position. The interview was a breeze, and the interviewrs had few questions for me. I had to poke and prod them to ask me more about myself, while telling them at the same time as well. Received a call with an offer later that same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe the accounting process during which a product is bought and sold. (i.e.) which accts. to credit and debit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary