Aimco Apartment Homes Corporate Office Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aimco Apartment Homes

1 Interview Review

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter while I was still employed. The recruiter seemed adamant that I would be a good fit for an open position and really wanted me to interview. After a simple phone interview I was scheduled to meet with two other people on site.

I arrived early and was greeted coldly. The employees around the building tried their hardest to not make eye contact with me, which seemed awkward and obvious. The first part of the interview took a little over an hour and was pretty standard; however, we were done early than the allotted scheduled time and had to sit in a somewhat awkward silence/small talk before I could meet with another supervisor. Right before the first part of the interview was done, it was sprung on me that it was a traveling position (not a couple times a year, but a couple times a month). This should have been mentioned to me by not only the recruiter but listed on the job description and posting as well, due to its importance stated by the interviewer.

As soon as I met with the other supervisor I could tell immediately that the supervisor did not like me. That part of the interview consisted of the same questions and lasted a solid 4 minutes before I was escorted out and told I would be contacted.

Of course I was never contacted again. I expected that I was not getting the job based on the supervisor's cold demeanor towards me, and rush to get me out of there (I would not have accepted it regardless). The job duties described to me by the recruiter were different than what the interviewer's duties entailed, and I felt blindsided by the traveling expectations - I would not have taken time off work to interview had I known that in the beginning.

I find it unprofessional that nobody followed up with me. Due to my experience I did not feel the need to follow up with the recruiter or interviewers, which is what I would do normally. I do feel it is the obligation of the company to at least send a brief email stating I was not selected for the position since I took several hours of my day to prepare and interview with such a "highly rated" company.

While the company and job seemed great from the outside, I expect a level of transparency and honesty from employers and I am grateful I did not leave my job for this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer