Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Extremely lengthy interviewing process. Four interviews were conducted, one phone and three in-person. All with different people within the company. Each interview lasted at least 30 minutes but some were an hour long. Overall, the interview experience was positive but got extremely annoying towards the end. All of the interviewers basically asked the same questions when they could have simply shared answers with each other and not wasted so much of their time and mine. This process took way too long, especially to not be given an offer. Do not be surprised if you get strung along by this company.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I had an in person interview. The interview took about 2.5 hrs interviewed with three people. They asked me to read their culture policy and give my opinion. I receive a tour of the building. The company was very quick with giving me a decision which I appreciated.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Really easy, phone screen, then in person interview 30'min shadow then actual interview questions, the place was really energetic, asked about previous work history and asked scenario based questions.. there'll be two people interviewing you at the same time, called me the next day to let me know I got the job, also have to pass a background check and drug screening

Interview Questions

• Are tour comfortable with working with irate customers   1 Answer

The office space / commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR representative to conduct a phone interview at a certain day/time. The representative was an absolute bore. Very general questions. Next Step, a skype interview which basically was the same questions I was asked before. I had moved to an in person interview where I ultimately had to interview the manager herself, she asked MAYBE two questions. After the interview I received a call from HR telling me that I was moving to the final step of meeting with the regional manager. Then the next day I was told I wasn't chosen? Waste of time. This company is unorganized and fake. I was completely led on that I would get the position.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with executive recruiter. Follow up interview with hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager.
    Interview process was fairly quick. Heard back within a week of submitting my resume. About two weeks between each round for scheduling and decision making.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of my career has been based on apartments vs other types of real estate.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the talent advisor after submitting an application for employment on the Aimco website. After phone interview a in person interview was scheduled for the next day with the regional manager. I received a call a couple hours later to set up a video conference interview with the VP for the following day. The day of the video conference I received a call after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a team?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received a review for something that needed improvement? If so what was it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was relaxed I had a phone interview followed by two single person interviews. The phone interview was short on 3 questions but we did speak for over 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in customer service, do you have any hospitality experience? What is it that you work for besides yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really not much they told me what the position pays and it fit my current financial needs + there is a bonus structure.

Service Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was a face to face in the maintenance office, at the location of the job. I was shown the maintenance shop where the technicians retrieve there parts after getting there service request before going to anu unit to complete the work. Several questions were asked, not to many but my communication skills won the interviewer over and i was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some of my interpersonal-skills that i can bring to the maintenance department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the complete interview we spoke about salary, the negotiation went well, i agreed and i was hired.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Greenville, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked me about my skills as far as Java, my past roles and accomplishments with other companies. And then after they were satisfied and then started to show me how their system worked and about their BPM system. The final part was something along the lines of "How comfortable do you feel programming using the Redhat JBoss system?"

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked with J2EE 7?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my pay or benefits because it was all done through a staffing agency. They only contract for programmers, no intention of hiring on.

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter while I was still employed. The recruiter seemed adamant that I would be a good fit for an open position and really wanted me to interview. After a simple phone interview I was scheduled to meet with two other people on site.

I arrived early and was greeted coldly. The employees around the building tried their hardest to not make eye contact with me, which seemed awkward and obvious. The first part of the interview took a little over an hour and was pretty standard; however, we were done early than the allotted scheduled time and had to sit in a somewhat awkward silence/small talk before I could meet with another supervisor. Right before the first part of the interview was done, it was sprung on me that it was a traveling position (not a couple times a year, but a couple times a month). This should have been mentioned to me by not only the recruiter but listed on the job description and posting as well, due to its importance stated by the interviewer.

As soon as I met with the other supervisor I could tell immediately that the supervisor did not like me. That part of the interview consisted of the same questions and lasted a solid 4 minutes before I was escorted out and told I would be contacted.

Of course I was never contacted again. I expected that I was not getting the job based on the supervisor's cold demeanor towards me, and rush to get me out of there (I would not have accepted it regardless). The job duties described to me by the recruiter were different than what the interviewer's duties entailed, and I felt blindsided by the traveling expectations - I would not have taken time off work to interview had I known that in the beginning.

I find it unprofessional that nobody followed up with me. Due to my experience I did not feel the need to follow up with the recruiter or interviewers, which is what I would do normally. I do feel it is the obligation of the company to at least send a brief email stating I was not selected for the position since I took several hours of my day to prepare and interview with such a "highly rated" company.

While the company and job seemed great from the outside, I expect a level of transparency and honesty from employers and I am grateful I did not leave my job for this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer