Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the open position. I was called by the Corporate Recruiter and we had a long phone discussion (over 45 minutes). We talked about the role, the duties, the company as a whole, what my previous experience was, what I was looking for in a new job, and how much money I was looking to make.

I was brought in for an interview and first interviewed with the recruiter. After that was over, I was next sent to a Director to interview. We interviewed for over an hour. After that, I was sent to interview with a VP, who I also interviewed with for a length of time - probably 30 minutes. All of the questions were similar, but there were different ones as well. They seemed like they were really trying to get to know me and wanted to know what my long-term career goals were. They had me give lots of scenarios, about how I had handled past situations. They wanted to know about stressful situations, challenging situations, situations where I had collaborated, situations where I had gone above and beyond, etc. They went into detail about my current and former positions, including wanting details about why I left my previous jobs. They let me know that I would need to provide references. Overall, the interview process was EXTREMELY thorough. I left knowing a lot about Aimco, a lot about the team, about the role, and about what a day-in-the-life of the position would look like. I was there interviewing for close to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to collaborate with a team where not everyone agreed on what to do.   1 Answer

Real Estate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Greenwood Village, CO) in September 2019.

Interview

This was a job fair put on by the company because they are moving Accounting and IT to Denver from Indianapolis. It didn't matter if you had applied online prior. It seemed anyone who showed up to the job fair was interviewed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

Applied online and completed a online test and then a excel test. Was then asked to do a phone interview with the recruiter with no heads up. Was told the next day they were going with other candidates. The whole process seemed unorganized as the recruiter was unable to answer basic questions and asked for me to jump through additional hoops after the tests and interview. Never spoke to the actual team.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called and set up an appointment. Went in had a great interview with Local Manager. and we clicked instantly . I got an offer within 24 hrs for $21 an hour. The location was very close to my house and the manager that oversees the two locations was awesome! I felt good about my decision to move forward with them until I started to deal more with their in-house recruiters. The online application would time out after 20 minutes which the recruiter didnt know. So I had to call the actually background check company that they use to help me through it. Then I choose a drug testing place that I had to change since the information was not up to date. It was extremely disorganized.
    The Recruiters did everything backwards and they kept telling me they were a drug-free company after I saw that they test certain elements. I kept asking her questions and she would never directly answer them. They did a background check, drug test which is normal but then decided to check my references after they sent me an offer. Saying they can check for references at any time. I am sure thats true but nothing I have ever dealt with. After leaving them a few emails I decided to move on and deal with other companies that are interested in working with me that I put aside because of this unorganized institution that is not fourth coming with how they run their company. I think that had to keep checking with their legal department so they could answer my questions or in my case not answer. When I got the call that they have decided to retract their offer she sounded actually happy about it, like it seemed like a joke. Very weird energy when giving someone a call to tell them that the "company" has decided to not move forward anymore. No empathy just like talking to a robot. It was not the retracted job offer that was the bad experience its how they handled everything from when my interview was over. Everything happens for a reason and with my experience there are far more superior property companies out their that are more professional, organized and fourth coming with their intentions.

Interview Questions

• Didnt really ask me any interview questions. We just spoke about my experience and the company.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for an initial interview with someone from HR. The went to their offices for an in-person interview.
    The in-person interview was two parts: Part one was basic behavioral questions and asking for details about my qualifications by my would-be supervisor and co-worker. Then there was a small skills test in Excel. Part two was with the Director of Finance. Really nice guy. Practically my dream boss who seemed to eat and breathe everything that would make a work environment positive. We discussed the work environment at AIMCO and he told me something I would never hear from a director in corporate America: "I have the philosophy that family comes first, and that work is only rewarding if it doesn't get in the way of your family." I was told in my in-person interview that they were interviewing ~15 people for the position, but that I would be contacted in 1-2 weeks notifying me whether they wanted to move forward with me as a candidate. After 5 weeks, five emails, and four phone calls later (both to the recruiter's office and cell numbers provided to me in emails), I still haven't heard any response. At this point I can't accept any other conclusion other than that the recruiter was deliberately avoiding me. The position has been removed from their website, so I can only assume it was filled by someone else.
    My would-be co-workers and supervisors were very nice and AIMCO seemed like an AMAZING place to work, but the recruiter's behavior demonstrated a serious lack of either integrity or performance, both of which are part of AIMCO's "core values". If it weren't for his lack of courtesy towards me as a candidate, this would have been a positive review.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about specific projects I had worked on. There was a basic skills test in Excel (vlookups, if statements, etc). What was the explanatory power of the model in your most recent analysis? Why are you looking to leave your current employer? Are you willing to work extra hours during our "busy season"? What does your ideal work environment look like? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen and then I was subsequently brought in for an in-person interview with the Director of Finance and two other analysts the next week. The interview went well, in my opinion, as I had a good rapport with the Director and passed the excel test that he told me I did well on. However, I was told I would hear their decision within a week. After sending two emails over the course of the next couple weeks and then trying to call the HR contact, I didn't hear back until 4 weeks after the final interview saying I was "still in the mix" and they would know "next steps by late next week." It wasn't until exactly 6 weeks after the interview and emailing the HR contact with another offer in hand that he told me I should take the other offer because they had decided to go with someone with more experience. Waiting for that long wasn't what caused my negative experience with Aimco but it was the fact that over 6 weeks, I sent 5-6 emails and left 2 voicemails and wasn't emailed back until the 4th week. I find the lack of communication by the HR contact very unprofessional and the other interview reviews that speak of this company stringing you along are very true. In my opinion, if you are going to reject a candidate, and they have interviewed in person, then that candidate deserves the respect of hearing back from the HR contact once a decision is made. I just believe it was unprofessional overall.

Interview Questions

• Excel test where you needed to do basic VLOOKUPs and other basic Excel functions.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. A company recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Expressed a interest in my work experience and asked all the right questions. Was very through on the process that would take place and who they were looking for. The entire interview process was extremely transparent, which I appreciated. I was able to finish the interview process within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would the work experience you have now tie into the property management industry?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview 2 days after submitting my application. My interviewer was polite and personable, and we spoke for roughly 40 minutes. This company is big on company culture, and that part made me very excited to work for them. They were looking to hire quickly, and at the end of the call I was offered the opportunity to come in and meet the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your supervisor could do to make your day, and one thing they could do to make you never want to come back?   Answer Question

Sales and Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Aventura, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional, well oriented, friendly and positive all the time. One of the best interview process I've ever had actually. Truly an example of how a real HR Department should operate nationwide.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter. From there I was reached out to by the in office recruiter at AIMCO above setting up a 30 minute phone interview. Before the phone call you need to complete their online application and 35min assessment. The next step was a 30 minute in person with manager and director.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your excel knowledge?   1 Answer
    • In what ways were you innovative in your current and past roles to create better and faster processing of work?   Answer Question