Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 66 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Aimco Apartment Homes

Application

I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes

Interview

Quick and precise. One call was very random time. Asked about self and thoroughly explained the position being offered. Answer any questions I have very well too. Said they would call again to confirm things but unfortunately they didn't.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about yourself?
    Answer Question

Aimco Apartment Homes

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in Nov 2020

Interview

Easy and relaxed. Layed back not intimidated. Super relaxed atmosphere a f j Small team interviews. Round robin question style it didn’t feel tag teaming. Professional attire required but the parking lot is too far away.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle a time you failed?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Greenwood Village, CO) in Sep 2019

Interview

This was a job fair put on by the company because they are moving Accounting and IT to Denver from Indianapolis. It didn't matter if you had applied online prior. It seemed anyone who showed up to the job fair was interviewed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aimco Apartment Homes

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes

Interview

Applied online and completed a online test and then a excel test. Was then asked to do a phone interview with the recruiter with no heads up. Was told the next day they were going with other candidates. The whole process seemed unorganized as the recruiter was unable to answer basic questions and asked for me to jump through additional hoops after the tests and interview. Never spoke to the actual team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2019

Interview

Recruiter called and set up an appointment. Went in had a great interview with Local Manager. and we clicked instantly . I got an offer within 24 hrs for $21 an hour. The location was very close to my house and the manager that oversees the two locations was awesome! I felt good about my decision to move forward with them until I started to deal more with their in-house recruiters. The online application would time out after 20 minutes which the recruiter didnt know. So I had to call the actually background check company that they use to help me through it. Then I choose a drug testing place that I had to change since the information was not up to date. It was extremely disorganized. The Recruiters did everything backwards and they kept telling me they were a drug-free company after I saw that they test certain elements. I kept asking her questions and she would never directly answer them. They did a background check, drug test which is normal but then decided to check my references after they sent me an offer. Saying they can check for references at any time. I am sure thats true but nothing I have ever dealt with. After leaving them a few emails I decided to move on and deal with other companies that are interested in working with me that I put aside because of this unorganized institution that is not fourth coming with how they run their company. I think that had to keep checking with their legal department so they could answer my questions or in my case not answer. When I got the call that they have decided to retract their offer she sounded actually happy about it, like it seemed like a joke. Very weird energy when giving someone a call to tell them that the "company" has decided to not move forward anymore. No empathy just like talking to a robot. It was not the retracted job offer that was the bad experience its how they handled everything from when my interview was over. Everything happens for a reason and with my experience there are far more superior property companies out their that are more professional, organized and fourth coming with their intentions.

Interview Questions
  • Didnt really ask me any interview questions. We just spoke about my experience and the company.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in Sep 2018

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for an initial interview with someone from HR. The went to their offices for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was two parts: Part one was basic behavioral questions and asking for details about my qualifications by my would-be supervisor and co-worker. Then there was a small skills test in Excel. Part two was with the Director of Finance. Really nice guy. Practically my dream boss who seemed to eat and breathe everything that would make a work environment positive. We discussed the work environment at AIMCO and he told me something I would never hear from a director in corporate America: "I have the philosophy that family comes first, and that work is only rewarding if it doesn't get in the way of your family." I was told in my in-person interview that they were interviewing ~15 people for the position, but that I would be contacted in 1-2 weeks notifying me whether they wanted to move forward with me as a candidate. After 5 weeks, five emails, and four phone calls later (both to the recruiter's office and cell numbers provided to me in emails), I still haven't heard any response. At this point I can't accept any other conclusion other than that the recruiter was deliberately avoiding me. The position has been removed from their website, so I can only assume it was filled by someone else. My would-be co-workers and supervisors were very nice and AIMCO seemed like an AMAZING place to work, but the recruiter's behavior demonstrated a serious lack of either integrity or performance, both of which are part of AIMCO's "core values". If it weren't for his lack of courtesy towards me as a candidate, this would have been a positive review.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about specific projects I had worked on. There was a basic skills test in Excel (vlookups, if statements, etc). What was the explanatory power of the model in your most recent analysis? Why are you looking to leave your current employer? Are you willing to work extra hours during our "busy season"? What does your ideal work environment look like? How do you deal with conflict?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in Jul 2018

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen and then I was subsequently brought in for an in-person interview with the Director of Finance and two other analysts the next week. The interview went well, in my opinion, as I had a good rapport with the Director and passed the excel test that he told me I did well on. However, I was told I would hear their decision within a week. After sending two emails over the course of the next couple weeks and then trying to call the HR contact, I didn't hear back until 4 weeks after the final interview saying I was "still in the mix" and they would know "next steps by late next week." It wasn't until exactly 6 weeks after the interview and emailing the HR contact with another offer in hand that he told me I should take the other offer because they had decided to go with someone with more experience. Waiting for that long wasn't what caused my negative experience with Aimco but it was the fact that over 6 weeks, I sent 5-6 emails and left 2 voicemails and wasn't emailed back until the 4th week. I find the lack of communication by the HR contact very unprofessional and the other interview reviews that speak of this company stringing you along are very true. In my opinion, if you are going to reject a candidate, and they have interviewed in person, then that candidate deserves the respect of hearing back from the HR contact once a decision is made. I just believe it was unprofessional overall.

Interview Questions
  • Excel test where you needed to do basic VLOOKUPs and other basic Excel functions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2018

Interview

The interview process was very professional. A company recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Expressed a interest in my work experience and asked all the right questions. Was very through on the process that would take place and who they were looking for. The entire interview process was extremely transparent, which I appreciated. I was able to finish the interview process within a week.

Interview Questions
  • How would the work experience you have now tie into the property management industry?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in Mar 2018

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview 2 days after submitting my application. My interviewer was polite and personable, and we spoke for roughly 40 minutes. This company is big on company culture, and that part made me very excited to work for them. They were looking to hire quickly, and at the end of the call I was offered the opportunity to come in and meet the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions
  • What's one thing your supervisor could do to make your day, and one thing they could do to make you never want to come back?

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Aventura, FL) in Feb 2018

Interview

Very professional, well oriented, friendly and positive all the time. One of the best interview process I've ever had actually. Truly an example of how a real HR Department should operate nationwide.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews