Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter. From there I was reached out to by the in office recruiter at AIMCO above setting up a 30 minute phone interview. Before the phone call you need to complete their online application and 35min assessment. The next step was a 30 minute in person with manager and director.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your excel knowledge?   1 Answer
    • In what ways were you innovative in your current and past roles to create better and faster processing of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Studio City, CA).

Interview

I had friends and past associates at the new company. they pursued me to join and offered me a better commission base than I was getting from my previous company.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to get listings as well as representing buyers with my work ethic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Extremely lengthy interviewing process. Four interviews were conducted, one phone and three in-person. All with different people within the company. Each interview lasted at least 30 minutes but some were an hour long. Overall, the interview experience was positive but got extremely annoying towards the end. All of the interviewers basically asked the same questions when they could have simply shared answers with each other and not wasted so much of their time and mine. This process took way too long, especially to not be given an offer. Do not be surprised if you get strung along by this company.

Leasing Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

very easy. They would give a job to just about anyone. They basically wouldn't even call it an interview but rather a meeting, yet they still ended up offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the leasing market?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I had an in person interview. The interview took about 2.5 hrs interviewed with three people. They asked me to read their culture policy and give my opinion. I receive a tour of the building. The company was very quick with giving me a decision which I appreciated.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Really easy, phone screen, then in person interview 30'min shadow then actual interview questions, the place was really energetic, asked about previous work history and asked scenario based questions.. there'll be two people interviewing you at the same time, called me the next day to let me know I got the job, also have to pass a background check and drug screening

Interview Questions

• Are tour comfortable with working with irate customers   1 Answer

The office space / commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR representative to conduct a phone interview at a certain day/time. The representative was an absolute bore. Very general questions. Next Step, a skype interview which basically was the same questions I was asked before. I had moved to an in person interview where I ultimately had to interview the manager herself, she asked MAYBE two questions. After the interview I received a call from HR telling me that I was moving to the final step of meeting with the regional manager. Then the next day I was told I wasn't chosen? Waste of time. This company is unorganized and fake. I was completely led on that I would get the position.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with executive recruiter. Follow up interview with hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager.
    Interview process was fairly quick. Heard back within a week of submitting my resume. About two weeks between each round for scheduling and decision making.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of my career has been based on apartments vs other types of real estate.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the talent advisor after submitting an application for employment on the Aimco website. After phone interview a in person interview was scheduled for the next day with the regional manager. I received a call a couple hours later to set up a video conference interview with the VP for the following day. The day of the video conference I received a call after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a team?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received a review for something that needed improvement? If so what was it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was relaxed I had a phone interview followed by two single person interviews. The phone interview was short on 3 questions but we did speak for over 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in customer service, do you have any hospitality experience? What is it that you work for besides yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really not much they told me what the position pays and it fit my current financial needs + there is a bonus structure.