Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very long process, they like to waste alot of a persons time, interview process took 4 weeks and not one offer and they still have not filled the position. They said they have not had a stable management team on the property since 2003, hmmm wonder why.

Interview Questions

• none, maily talked about themselves interview was 20 mins long.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the talent advisor after submitting an application for employment on the Aimco website. After phone interview a in person interview was scheduled for the next day with the regional manager. I received a call a couple hours later to set up a video conference interview with the VP for the following day. The day of the video conference I received a call after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a team?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you received a review for something that needed improvement? If so what was it?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in April 2015.

Interview

Panel type of interview. Interviewed with RVP & RM. They were both very nice and personable. Asked me questions regarding previous difficult and positive experiences. Told me a lot about Aimco and where they have been and the goals that they have in place. They are constantly growing. One thing that stood out to me is the growth opportunity available for current employees. 2 thirds of promotions are internal.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a fantastic interview with a Regional Manager that was on site one of the properties and we talked for 1.5 hours.. everything from industry experience to the portfolio at hand and even personal attributes. After that interview... I knew I just developed a fantastic relationship!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Great interview process one on one in a very professional setting with questions relative to only your position and your capability to do your job while driving innovation and change on all levels. Quick response and follow up from HR.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

Recruiters are amazing. They will get you very excited for new ventures and seem very adept. Positive outlook, fair negotiations and very comfortable. Though the interview itself was very optimistic, after accepting the position the sheep quickly became a wolf. The position was not as described and was very dishonest through my employment.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview 2 days after submitting my application. My interviewer was polite and personable, and we spoke for roughly 40 minutes. This company is big on company culture, and that part made me very excited to work for them. They were looking to hire quickly, and at the end of the call I was offered the opportunity to come in and meet the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your supervisor could do to make your day, and one thing they could do to make you never want to come back?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I still think back to my interview with my immediate supervisor. We "clicked" immediately and before you know it, we were into hour number 3 of the interview. It felt like we were "old friends" by then. Everything was fully explained to me what will be expected of me and I was assured that I would have ample training and support.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the work that you do?   1 Answer

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter while I was still employed. The recruiter seemed adamant that I would be a good fit for an open position and really wanted me to interview. After a simple phone interview I was scheduled to meet with two other people on site.

I arrived early and was greeted coldly. The employees around the building tried their hardest to not make eye contact with me, which seemed awkward and obvious. The first part of the interview took a little over an hour and was pretty standard; however, we were done early than the allotted scheduled time and had to sit in a somewhat awkward silence/small talk before I could meet with another supervisor. Right before the first part of the interview was done, it was sprung on me that it was a traveling position (not a couple times a year, but a couple times a month). This should have been mentioned to me by not only the recruiter but listed on the job description and posting as well, due to its importance stated by the interviewer.

As soon as I met with the other supervisor I could tell immediately that the supervisor did not like me. That part of the interview consisted of the same questions and lasted a solid 4 minutes before I was escorted out and told I would be contacted.

Of course I was never contacted again. I expected that I was not getting the job based on the supervisor's cold demeanor towards me, and rush to get me out of there (I would not have accepted it regardless). The job duties described to me by the recruiter were different than what the interviewer's duties entailed, and I felt blindsided by the traveling expectations - I would not have taken time off work to interview had I known that in the beginning.

I find it unprofessional that nobody followed up with me. Due to my experience I did not feel the need to follow up with the recruiter or interviewers, which is what I would do normally. I do feel it is the obligation of the company to at least send a brief email stating I was not selected for the position since I took several hours of my day to prepare and interview with such a "highly rated" company.

While the company and job seemed great from the outside, I expect a level of transparency and honesty from employers and I am grateful I did not leave my job for this.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was referred by a family friend. He brought me in to interview with two Directors. I interviewed with both at the same time. By the end of the day I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with difficult customers.   Answer Question