Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2018

2.5

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview 2 days after submitting my application. My interviewer was polite and personable, and we spoke for roughly 40 minutes. This company is big on company culture, and that part made me very excited to work for them. They were looking to hire quickly, and at the end of the call I was offered the opportunity to come in and meet the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your supervisor could do to make your day, and one thing they could do to make you never want to come back?   Answer Question

Sales and Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Aventura, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional, well oriented, friendly and positive all the time. One of the best interview process I've ever had actually. Truly an example of how a real HR Department should operate nationwide.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter. From there I was reached out to by the in office recruiter at AIMCO above setting up a 30 minute phone interview. Before the phone call you need to complete their online application and 35min assessment. The next step was a 30 minute in person with manager and director.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your excel knowledge?   1 Answer
    • In what ways were you innovative in your current and past roles to create better and faster processing of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Studio City, CA).

Interview

I had friends and past associates at the new company. they pursued me to join and offered me a better commission base than I was getting from my previous company.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to get listings as well as representing buyers with my work ethic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Extremely lengthy interviewing process. Four interviews were conducted, one phone and three in-person. All with different people within the company. Each interview lasted at least 30 minutes but some were an hour long. Overall, the interview experience was positive but got extremely annoying towards the end. All of the interviewers basically asked the same questions when they could have simply shared answers with each other and not wasted so much of their time and mine. This process took way too long, especially to not be given an offer. Do not be surprised if you get strung along by this company.

Leasing Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

very easy. They would give a job to just about anyone. They basically wouldn't even call it an interview but rather a meeting, yet they still ended up offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the leasing market?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I had an in person interview. The interview took about 2.5 hrs interviewed with three people. They asked me to read their culture policy and give my opinion. I receive a tour of the building. The company was very quick with giving me a decision which I appreciated.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Really easy, phone screen, then in person interview 30'min shadow then actual interview questions, the place was really energetic, asked about previous work history and asked scenario based questions.. there'll be two people interviewing you at the same time, called me the next day to let me know I got the job, also have to pass a background check and drug screening

Interview Questions

• Are tour comfortable with working with irate customers   1 Answer

The office space / commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR representative to conduct a phone interview at a certain day/time. The representative was an absolute bore. Very general questions. Next Step, a skype interview which basically was the same questions I was asked before. I had moved to an in person interview where I ultimately had to interview the manager herself, she asked MAYBE two questions. After the interview I received a call from HR telling me that I was moving to the final step of meeting with the regional manager. Then the next day I was told I wasn't chosen? Waste of time. This company is unorganized and fake. I was completely led on that I would get the position.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with executive recruiter. Follow up interview with hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager.
    Interview process was fairly quick. Heard back within a week of submitting my resume. About two weeks between each round for scheduling and decision making.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of my career has been based on apartments vs other types of real estate.   Answer Question