Air Canada Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

238 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call from AC Talent Acquisition a couple of weeks after I have submitted my application online. I was asked if I am available for a brief pre-screening interview and was asked several questions in English and French about my competences, experience, was given a couple of inflight scenarios and asked to provide solutions (15 mins). The next day I was scheduled language assessment tests over the phone (English, French (10 mins) and other (10mins)) where they asked similar questions while for the third language I was asked to translate the inflight passenger announcements. The next round was composed of intelligence and personality online tests (roughly 1- to 1,5 hours). For the learning abilities/intelligence tests you will need a lot of concentration, stay focused and work quickly. The following day I was scheduled for a F2F interview the same week. The interview followed by a group interview (if you were selected). Each group is composed of 4-6 applicants observed by a couple of AC representatives while you are given inflight situations and asked to discuss and provide solutions. Showcase your team spirits, positive and helpful demeanor and exhibit an air of confidence, you are mostly being judged by the attitude. Selected candidates have been assigned medical appointments right after the group interview, others were released with a promise to contact them in 4-6 weeks which probably does not necessarily mean that they were not picked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a FA for AC? Tell me about your current job. Talk about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer. Difficult co-worker. Stressful situation and how you handled it...   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Air Canada

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

I had the phone interview and the language tests already. The phone interview caught me by surprise but it went very well. The interviewer was very nice and explained all the questions. It lasted about 30 mins and then I got scheduled for the language tests. They are about 5 mins each, very casual. Now I have my face to face interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to the success of Air Canada?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

First I received a phone call and had an over the phone interview and the next day was scheduled for language tests english(3 min) and spanish(8 min with questions below)

Interview Questions

• explain your whole day in detail from beginning to end(spanish)   Answer Question
    • why did you choose air canada (spanish,english,phone interview)   Answer Question
    • when did you last fly with air canada (spanish)   Answer Question
    • Spell your whole name (english)   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you have had a difficult customer and how did you deal with them (phone interview, english interview)   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

I applied this job through online application. I have done the phone interview and language assessment. Both interviewers are really nice and polite. I am waiting for doing f2f interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult customer from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a video interview through email. I have not yet completed but got a phone interview today which booked me for language assessment phone call. Should I wait for language assessment and then do the video? The video also assesses for language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online early October 7th (I think)
    [1 day after] Video interview
    [1 week after] call to schedule a language test over the phone
    [2 days later] Language test
    [1 week after] Invite for a F2F interview (October 26th)
    [1 week after] F2f interview at 10:30 (November 4th) I only had the individual interview. Told me I would get news around 6 to 8 weeks.
    [December 7th] I got a call to come and meet them again for the group interview on december 16th. I was at 9AM and left at 10:45. I did NOT get my medical. They told the group I was in we would get a reply (either positive or negative) within 2 to 4 weeks.
    That was my process !

Interview Questions

• Video interview: (Sorry i forgot the questions.....)   1 Answer
    • Language test : 1st few questions in French. Very basic questions, spell your name, what-si your preferred base, are you willing to move to another city, etc.
      Last questions were in english. What was your last travel? What did you do?   1 Answer
    • F2F interview : I was at 10:30, but only met someone around 11h15-11h30. It was the same questions as the one I had during the little video interview. Then it was a lot of situations question.
      Tell me an example of when you had to deal with an angry customer. What have you done to resolve the situation?
      Tell me an example of when you anticipated a problem and what did you do.
      Tell me an exemple of when you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Group interview : We met an senior flight attendant where we could ask all the questions we wanted to her. Then someone called names to group 6 people for the group interview. She asks what your language preference is (French or English).
      Then you have situations you need to solve. Health problems, annoyed customers, turbulence.
      Once you are done, you are then ask to wait in another room with the others candidate and then are called again for the last step where they ask you what are your preferred base (Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver (they are not hiring for Montreal)) and what is your preferred language (French or English) for the formation.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

You will go through 3 phone interviews before you've a face to face interview. Do not worry, the process is fairly simple and you can easily get through it. The interviewer will be asking you a lot of questions which should be backed up by examples from your experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example from your experience when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Interview

Just had the interview f2f and group interview yesterday. F2f was roughly 30 minutes long and then did a group interview. They didn’t ask or mention medical. Was put in another room after group interview and was asked which bAse we would prefer to work at and in which language we want our training to be in then we were told they would let us know 1 to 2 weeeks their decision. I am not sure if this is a way to say no we are not hiring you?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want yo be a flight attendant   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Basic interview process:
    -Didn't do the video, they called me a month after I applied and I had a phone interview.
    -Then language tests
    Got invited to face to face interview and got to the group interview.
    Nobody in my group got the medical the same day. They told us that we would know in the following 1-2 weeks. Is anyone else in this situation? Does this mean all the medicals are booked or that were all rejected?

Interview Questions

• Situation where you anticipated a problem and what did you do to prevent it?
      Situation where you had a problem at work and what did you do?
      Situation where your work wasn't good and what did you do?
      Situation where you had to work with someone new at work and what did you do?   32 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a friday, got the call the next monday, did the phone interview. Tuesday I received an email to schedule the face 2 face for Saturday. Did the interview everything went well. Scheduled my medical for the following Tuesday. In only a week the process was done ( This was my second time so language and online test was already done ) About a week after the medical, which was November 7th, I learn on a facebook group that the hiring is suspended until further notice, and it wouldnt start again probably until spring 2018.

Interview Questions

• giving examples of situations at work related to customer service and team work   9 Answers