Air Canada Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call from AC Talent Acquisition a couple of weeks after I have submitted my application online. I was asked if I am available for a brief pre-screening interview and was asked several questions in English and French about my competences, experience, was given a couple of inflight scenarios and asked to provide solutions (15 mins). The next day I was scheduled language assessment tests over the phone (English, French (10 mins) and other (10mins)) where they asked similar questions while for the third language I was asked to translate the inflight passenger announcements. The next round was composed of intelligence and personality online tests (roughly 1- to 1,5 hours). For the learning abilities/intelligence tests you will need a lot of concentration, stay focused and work quickly. The following day I was scheduled for a F2F interview the same week. The interview followed by a group interview (if you were selected). Each group is composed of 4-6 applicants observed by a couple of AC representatives while you are given inflight situations and asked to discuss and provide solutions. Showcase your team spirits, positive and helpful demeanor and exhibit an air of confidence, you are mostly being judged by the attitude. Selected candidates have been assigned medical appointments right after the group interview, others were released with a promise to contact them in 4-6 weeks which probably does not necessarily mean that they were not picked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a FA for AC? Tell me about your current job. Talk about a time when you went an extra mile for a customer. Difficult co-worker. Stressful situation and how you handled it...   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Air Canada

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

Passed phone interview and language interview. Asked me to come in for an inperson interview then they told me that the next class for flight attendants were being pushed back in a few months. I emailed for a followup and told me they were no longer hiring......

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

1-Phone Interview
    2-Language tests (1 day after Phone Interview)
    3-Online Assessments (3) (2 weeks after Language Tests)
    4-Face to Face Interview in Toronto (One month after Online Assessment) --All questions can be found on this website
    5-Group Interview (same day as Face to Face) --3 Air Canada flight attendants watch how you handle in flight scenarios for about 30 minutes
    6- Medical Appointment (Given the same day of Face to face after the group interview to selected candidates)
    7- 3 weeks after Medical Test (which I passed-- they tell you on the spot) I got the following email:

Although you successfully completed the interview, we cannot continue the hiring process as we have filled our current vacancies. Your file will remain active for a period of six (6) months should additional vacancies occur.

I was devastated so I called my recruiter and asked her what happened. She explained that this is not a rejection email. The training that I was initially supposed to take would have started MAY 8th but apparently they ended up taking on more candidates than they had room for for the May training. She said that when the next training comes up (if its within the next 6 months) then my completed file will be given consideration.

As I have seen on this Page candidates (Toronto) are starting the interview process just now so that would mean that there is another training session within the next couple of months.

If anyone is in the same boat as me please contact me. I am losing my hair at the moment thinking about doing this process all over again.

TIA!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Very fluid and thorough. I was called right away to schedule a telephone interview, then I had the telephone interview the next day, then I got the inperson interview in Montreal a few weeks later which was a process of multiple stages including a group interview. Then I was invited to do a medical exam and just finished it. I have been offered the position, and assigned to my training. They are flying me to Montreal to train, all expenses paid with a paid salary. Training is serious & over 2 months. Passing training confirms the job. Passing required over 90% test scores.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important qualities or roles for a Flight Attendant , situational questions to assess behavioural response etc   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for Air Canada Rouge in early March 2017 and received a call from a recruiter in late April. Had a quick 10 minute conversation on the phone, then got invited for a face to face the following week. I went to the in person interview on the last week of April 2017. This consisted of a presentation on the company, then a 10-15 minute individual interview with a recruiter. After the first individual interview, I was told to wait then got called for a group interview. After the group interview, I was asked to wait again, then got escorted out and was handed a form with my scheduled medical appointment and language assessment. Had my language assessment & medical on the first week of May 2017- all went well and I received an offer for training 3 days after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      Tell me a time you went above and beyond for customer service?
      What annoys you?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Canada in April 2017.

Interview

On the first round of questions in the one to one Interview, you are seated in the room with the interviewer. There is an initial introduction process and afterwards the floor is open for you to ask questions about your position, the company or any other questions you may have.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to share about yourself   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I started by applying online, then had a very brief phone interview, then got scheduled for the recruitment day, where we were around 30 people, it lasted about 2hrs, from individual interview to group interview. The process is different for everyone, as there was people there who had already been interviewed in person prior to this day.

Interview Questions

• Asking for examples of work related situation with diffucult customers, ect   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

Went to hq in Toronto. First meet with someone who processed my documents and then went into a one on one interview in a room with other interviews being conducted. After I was told I would hear back in 6 weeks.
    6 weeks later I received the rejection letter.

I knew I was not to get picked as I did not get invited for a group interview that same day. I also did not get invited for a physical.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something you did wrong and what you did to fix the situation.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was very lengthy and not exactly sure what they look for but I can tell everyone has a fair chance. I was the only female who wore pants... And I actually genuinely care for people and customers so I did showcase that...

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had phone interview late Nov. F2F early December. Was going on vacation, so did my physical in January. Passed. Got rejection email March 8, unfortunately. Interview process was nerve wracking and difficult. I guess it takes a long time because so many people apply. I'm sad but oh well. Maybe next time. This just goes to show that even if you do get offered medical, you still have a chance at not getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to persuade someone into something?   Answer Question