Air Canada Station Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Air Canada Station Attendant Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.3

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online in April and received a call in May for a quick phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. Make sure you know what the job is about as they will ask about it. Nothing major, just basic questions. At the end interviewer scheduled me for the face-to-face interview. Also had to do an online personality test which was easy. Before going to the interview make sure you print the documents which they email you and bring your ID and photocopies of it as well.
When I arrived for the face-to-face interview there were two people with me but some arrived later. It was basic yes or questions first then I was asked 4 or 5 behavioral type questions. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was asked to wait outside. My name was called and I was taken to a room where I was explained the job in details. Then they scheduled me for the medical next week.
I still have to do my medical. So dont know what happens next!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you removed a health or safety hazard from your job.   Answer Question
  • What mistake you made on your job and how you solved it?   Answer Question
  • How did you deal with a conflict with a coworker at your job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Air Canada

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Air Canada (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through indeed and AC's website by sending in a cover letter and resume. Literally got a response 5 minutes later wanting to do a phone interview. At the end of the call, they scheduled me for an in-person interview 3 days later. Went to their YVR office, and did a 1-on-1 interview which asked similar questions to what has been posted and gave fairly neutral/diplomatic answers. Was scheduled to do a medical two hours later, and was told that the next steps were b/g check and training.

Interviewer didn't clearly state when they'd make a decision, and I'm still so confused as to if I'm successful and if what I've been through is SOP for all applicants.

All this happened within a week. No response as of May 27.

Interview Questions

• How many time in a year do you think it's appropriate to call in sick to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call for a preliminary on-the-phone interview, which took around 15-20 minutes; all basic questions about employment history, background, etc. Notified of a second in-person interview via email, given a specific date and time. Second interview consisted of more direct questions on employment background specific to the job you applied for (i.e. if your job is in baggage, do you have any experience working in a warehouse environment?). A comprehension test is also administered, fairly easy to complete and ace. If you're approved, the interviewer sends you for a medical assessment, and you'll hear back on your status within a week.

Interview Questions

• Discuss an event where you were confronted with a difficult situation, but resolved it in the end.   Answer Question

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I received a phone call for a second interview. I answered every question correctly. However, once the second interview was completed; the female recruiter did not mention any offers, nor politely to thank me for being there and she remained speechless whereas I asked do I stay, or do I leave. She was rude at times and a bigot! I never in history received an interview like this one.
    These online resume summisson are for internal employees not external candidates. The next day after the job interview, this position became available once again online.....

Interview Questions

• One question they ask is "why work for Air Canada"   1 Answer
    • "Name an event that you beyond expectations"   1 Answer

Station Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

Applied online and it too 3 weeks for process, got a phone interview then went to face to face interview and drug test after that. Accepted the job offer but during training you need to pass 8 exams including map and driving exams that you have to get perfect.. If you fail on any of these exams you will be terminated from the company. So if you want to work here you have to sit in class for 10 hours and be ready for exam the next day.. The hardest exam was to remember airline code like YYZ YVR etc..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AC?   1 Answer

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the station attendant candidate pool position.

Air Canada's Sataion Attendant interview process is a lengthy but fairly easy process. After applying online, you will be contacted to do a 15 minutes or less telephone interview (just verifying what you put on the application and 5 situational based questions). In passing the telephone interview, you will need to complete an online personality test. Then you will be contacted to go in to complete a short 10 minute multiple choice test (to evaluate ur reading and comprehension skills) and a second interview face-to-face (somewhat similar situation based questions). If successful, you will have to pass a physical exam and a drug test (pee test). If all goes well HR will contact you to offer you the job.

*side note*
    Personally passing the interview wasnt hard, it's passing training and probation that's stressful (which is on a conditional basis for 6 months.)

Interview Questions

• Why did u apply to Air Canada?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What health and safety issues did you face and what did you do to rectify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Was very organized. H.R. Rep took time to brief the process and engagement time for the day for this position. You would have an online test to be completed prior to your interview date. This online test is about your personality and IQ. On the interview date you would have another written paper for 30 mins with 15 question. These questions are about reading a process and provide the right answer for that process.

Interview Questions

• Why you chose to join air canada?   Answer Question
    • 5-6 situation basis question. For example :- any mistake you did and what you learned and how did you overcome   Answer Question
    • Once your are successful you would have to go for medical test.   Answer Question

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two random phone call interviews. Personality test. One face to face. I was over qualified for the position and repeatedly restated this and asked if there was opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• How many sick days do you think is acceptable?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and Brief Questionaire, overall interview process was simple and direct to the point regarding safety and previous job experiences. The interviewer wasn't intimidating at all and was quite friendly towards the process and was actually helpful with any questions regarding the position.

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was actually surprised that I got an unexpected call within 12 hours after submitting an online application form. The phone interview was pleasantly conducted by a nicely-speaking gentleman and I appreciated that he was speaking in a very clear manner.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I found out about the job posting.   1 Answer