Air Canada Station Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.4

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen/Interview followed by an in-person interview a few days later. After in-person have to take online behavioral tests (at home) and return for a medical a few days after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you identified and resolved a safety issue in the workplace.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Air Canada

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

They are unwilling to work around a school schedule. Given full availability, however, requesting two evenings for classes, they recommend you withdraw your application, as they will not accommodate you.

Interview Questions

• So, what will you do if your scheduled during your class times?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call about 2 weeks after application. They interview me over the phone, asked me about whats written on my resume, my availability and some case scenarios questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took a few weeks. One day recevied a phone call for interview and at the end of interview was told the process take 2-3 weeks. Now still waiting for next step but not really expect anything.

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process moved pretty quickly. First, they'll call you for a phone interview and ask basic questions (regarding your resume, why you want to work at Air Canada). Once you're successful, they'll ask you to come in for a one-on-one interview. Before you go in for the interview, you have to complete an online personality quiz and sign a few forms that you must bring with you to your interview. Remember to take all your forms otherwise they will not proceed with the interview. At the interview, the questions are very similar. You then have to complete a medical (hearing, sight, blood pressure, urine sample) and then you'll be called if you're successful. Within 20 hours of receiving a phone interview, I was offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online in April and received a call in May for a quick phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. Make sure you know what the job is about as they will ask about it. Nothing major, just basic questions. At the end interviewer scheduled me for the face-to-face interview. Also had to do an online personality test which was easy. Before going to the interview make sure you print the documents which they email you and bring your ID and photocopies of it as well.
    When I arrived for the face-to-face interview there were two people with me but some arrived later. It was basic yes or questions first then I was asked 4 or 5 behavioral type questions. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was asked to wait outside. My name was called and I was taken to a room where I was explained the job in details. Then they scheduled me for the medical next week.
    I still have to do my medical. So dont know what happens next!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you removed a health or safety hazard from your job.   Answer Question
    • What mistake you made on your job and how you solved it?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a conflict with a coworker at your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

telephone interview - face to face interview which lasted like 5 minutes - then go for a medical - which was pretty thorough. ECG Blood Pressure Flexibility Hearing Eyesight

Interview Questions

• How many sick days do you think is appropriate for an employee to take?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? In the medical it was determined I have high blood pressure and I have to get my Doctor to sign a note to say I am okay.

Will that eliminate me from being hired?   1 Answer

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Air Canada (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through indeed and AC's website by sending in a cover letter and resume. Literally got a response 5 minutes later wanting to do a phone interview. At the end of the call, they scheduled me for an in-person interview 3 days later. Went to their YVR office, and did a 1-on-1 interview which asked similar questions to what has been posted and gave fairly neutral/diplomatic answers. Was scheduled to do a medical two hours later, and was told that the next steps were b/g check and training.

Interviewer didn't clearly state when they'd make a decision, and I'm still so confused as to if I'm successful and if what I've been through is SOP for all applicants.

All this happened within a week. No response as of May 27.

Interview Questions

• How many time in a year do you think it's appropriate to call in sick to work?   1 Answer

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call for a preliminary on-the-phone interview, which took around 15-20 minutes; all basic questions about employment history, background, etc. Notified of a second in-person interview via email, given a specific date and time. Second interview consisted of more direct questions on employment background specific to the job you applied for (i.e. if your job is in baggage, do you have any experience working in a warehouse environment?). A comprehension test is also administered, fairly easy to complete and ace. If you're approved, the interviewer sends you for a medical assessment, and you'll hear back on your status within a week.

Interview Questions

• Discuss an event where you were confronted with a difficult situation, but resolved it in the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I received a phone call for a second interview. I answered every question correctly. However, once the second interview was completed; the female recruiter did not mention any offers, nor politely to thank me for being there and she remained speechless whereas I asked do I stay, or do I leave. She was rude at times and a bigot! I never in history received an interview like this one.
    These online resume summisson are for internal employees not external candidates. The next day after the job interview, this position became available once again online.....

Interview Questions

• One question they ask is "why work for Air Canada"   1 Answer
    • "Name an event that you beyond expectations"   1 Answer