Air New Zealand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Air New Zealand

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air New Zealand (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Behavioral questions, The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews.

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air New Zealand.

Interview

Phone interview with the head office, then a formal interview with the hiring department and an HR rep. After the formal interview there was an informal meeting with the department to discuss experience and fit.

Interview Questions

• What achievement are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Acct Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air New Zealand (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 4 Meetings: first was by phone with hiring manger, next here was a meeting with Human Resources by phone, next there was a zoom interview with 2 people, lastly there was an in person interview. Human Resources handled the offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my history in the field.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to speak about metrics for past success   1 Answer
    • What would client say about history   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air New Zealand (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was with a recruiter for Air New Zealand from the hub in Auckland, a little tricky to catch with time zones. After that there was an interview in Los Angeles with the Air New Zealand team. It was great to see other people so passionate about a brand that is dear to me. Very knowledgeable and passionate about their product. Very nice and very talented individuals.

Flight Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air New Zealand.

Interview

Really good process. They are thorough but make you feel relaxed. Learn as much as you can about the companies values by talking to some people who currently work there.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2020.

Interview

Thorough process that required me to answer a lot of behavioural type questions all relating back to past experiences where I felt like I was under pressure.

Really, gave me the opportunity to draw from what I had learned from in the past.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied for the position and about 2 weeks later I was asked to do a video interview. Make sure you dress nicely and prepare some of your answers. I put mine in pieces of paper in the wall in front of me to glance at. You get given the question then you have 30 seconds to think about your answer and then up to 3 mins I think to answer. There was 5 video questions and then 3 written answers at the end. Ie, do you have tattoos etc. About a month and a bit later I had given up hope then got a phone call asking if I could attend a recruitment day in a week. It was very chilled. About 12 people in my group, but there were heaps of other groups on other days I was told. We all had our photos taken and handed in our cvs etc. We moved on to the presentation part where they spoke about uniforms, who they were, what the company was about. We then split into two groups to do a group activity. Ours was that you have these people. Jacinda Adern, a woman with a child, an elderly couple, 2 honeymooners, etc. and you only have 5 seats on this flight and 2 seats on the flight. Who do you put on what flight and why. Fairly easy.

Then had a quick break and a snack which they provide and then had 1:1 interview. Some people had two interviewers and some only one. I had one thankfully. There’s lots of other interviews happening at the same time all in the same room. The lady was so lovely and made me feel very comfortable. That took about 30-40 mins then I left. Only there for about 2 hours.
    Unfortunately a week later I was told that I hadn’t made it in which was absolutely horrible and so upsetting. I felt very confident leaving the interview after all the study I had done. My reasons were that I was ‘too nervous’ when in actual fact I wasn’t at all. Another reason being that I needed to work in a higher pressure environment to get some experience which was a bit odd considering they knew and read all the places I have worked on my CV. And that my answers that I have didn’t show my passion for customer service. Have now got another interview with another airline so hopefully this one goes better. Goodluck to anyone who is applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be cabin crew?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you created a magical moment for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a stressful time at work and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had conflict with a co worker and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • How did you find school and your exams   Answer Question
    • What sort of learner are you (their work is all done on ipads)   Answer Question
    • How do you feel like you will cope with the training?   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air New Zealand.

Interview

Unfortunately I would have to say this was the worst candidate experience I have ever been through. Amazing company and was a dream to work here but the HR team really lets the company down. Some examples include: arranging calls and missing them on multiple occasions, conflicting information about the process, calling before they had spoken to internal stakeholders about what they were looking for, multiple people in the HR team leading the process asking repetitive questions. The whole process took three months, during which I was disillusioned and joined a company that made me feel much more valued. Such a shame as I imagine they lose a lot of great talent before candidates even get through the gatekeepers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed at something and what you learnt from that   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air New Zealand (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied for the position in late May 2019. For me, the whole process took precisely a , which is super quick considering the whole process and nature of the job.

The process includes:
    A digital interview - through an app. You have practice questions and your responses are timed. 6 - 8 behavioural questions. For language speakers, you will be asked to translate some announcements from English to your selected language.

Cognitive assessment - maths, literature, patterns and shapes. This was HARD. This is also timed, but seems to be more ablut decision making than being right or wrong.

From here you will be invited to a recruitment day. There are lots of staff and candidates, and you are encouraged to be social and introduce yourself. Keep in mind you are being watched all the time!
    From there the group is split into two to do different activities. Ours was prioritizing different passengers onto different flights - this is about your team work.

You then go into your interview which will take 45 minutes. Most questions asked are behavioural, so prepare your responses, info about the company... and make sure to ask them questions! Whilst they are interviewing you, keep the conversation going, and be yourself. Don't be afraid the big questions, or to be cheeky and give them a little bit to laugh about :) I highly recommend sending them a thank you email later.

If you pass onto the vetting stage, there is a lot to do and you are given two weeks to complete this. Sometimes the lag is more waiting for them to respond and send you follow up things.
    Once this is done the real waiting game starts. Anything between 3 - 5 weeks is normal. I received a call 3 and a half weeks later from them touching base that I was in the talent pool and would have to wait to hear back from an official offer and training dates... lo an behold 3 days later I received a call with an offer!

Good luck!!!

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Air New Zealand.

Interview

I applied online and got a response a day later (which I was very greatful ) for an invitation to take part in a video interview. I had only two days to prepare ( not enough time :(). There were about 8 questions and you only had 30 seconds to prepare and come up with an answer then you will be recorder. Once you finish you finish answering you cannot go back and edit your responses. However you do get the opportunity to practice some questions before doing the actual interview to see how you look and talk in front of the camera. At the end of the interview there was question where I had to select what languages I speak besides English, I chose Japanese because it was one if my subjects in high school and I went on an exchange trip to Japan. Now I only know basic to beginner conversational Japanese and not advanced fluent Japanese like natives. The question didn't ask what languages I speak "FLUENTLY". So when I submitted my interview I get an acknowledgement email and also to a Language Test Video Interview where I also say certain phrases in Japanese like " We are coming into landing shortly, passengers are requested to fasten their seatbelts.". I was not aware at all that there will be a Language Test interview , it should have been more clear to the candidates in the email that there will also be a Language Test. I also did the Cognitive Assesment which was quite difficult and had a time limit of only 2 minutes per question I think which is totally unfair and you dont get time to think and analyse the question and are under pressure ( I understand it part of the Cabin Crew role), but we don't need to rush through our application. Overall it was a average experience as it was my first time doing a video interview and a cognitive assessment. Still waiting to hear a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to prioritize?   1 Answer