Air Products Interview Questions in Allentown, PA | Glassdoor

Air Products Interview Questions in Allentown, PA

Updated Jan 25, 2017

CDP Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I was selected after an evaluation from an internship with Air Products.

Invited to Allentown for a full in person interview. The process was long and last from 7:30am - 4:00pm. I was assessed by different interviewers on technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The standard behavioral questions. Technical questions about my internships. Technical questions over class materials. I am mechanical, so fluid dynamics and machine design.   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Breinigsville, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then an on-campus interview with HR and then a panel of possibly coworkers. Basic questions for the field practices and overall competency in the area. This should be fairly straightforward for someone with the proper background in controls.

Interview Questions

• How do you test systems to ensure they function correctly before installation?   Answer Question

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Whole day interview starting with 1 hour presentation. Then 5 one hour interviews ends with HR interview. One was lunch interview. Everyone asked about their own fields like, Statistics, Analytics, Chemical Engineering, Fractals, etc. Some were posing problems and asking how I will solve it. Some were more generic in terms of what I can do.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in my PhD research and what can I do for Air Products
      Chemical Engineering Modelling questions
      1 Answer

Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

A full day of onsite interviews. The morning is 3 behavioral interviews and one technical interview that are each forty-five minutes in length. The afternoon is a technical test, then after the test is another interview to go over your answers to the test and explain your thought process. The test consists of 3 questions that are specific to the basic principles of your undergraduate engineering major.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very technical based, with few personal questions. They asked a lot about engineering principles (basic engineering principles). They also asked us to do a mini test that lasted about 60 minutes. The test was comparable to the type of test that may be given in a normal engineering class, depending on which major you were.

CDP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

It was a day long event, with short 30-45 minute interviews with several current engineering managers. Questions were behavioral and technical in nature. They are interested in your resume and background, your own interests, and team work ability. Afterwards, there was an exam on a case study, which required a group discussion afterwards with interviewees and short presentation to one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation that you've been in, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer CDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process is an entire day. You have 4 separate 30 minute interviews, then lunch with current CDPs, then an hour to solve a problem individually, then an hour to talk about the solution with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome engineering challenges at school or work?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online via the company website. A brief phone screen occurred to gain further information and detail in regards to my background and resume. This was then followed by an on-site panel interview for roughly one to two hours.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions based off of resume information - challenges in college, experience and knowledge gained from internships, why does the job interest you, etc. Also touched upon some college courses taken (favorite ones and why), future career aspirations, why industry and not public.   Answer Question

Negotiation

New hire out of college - no negotiation.

PhD Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

First on-campus interview and then on-site. People in the company were very friendly and hospitable. The on-site interview was a pleasant experience. You need to prepare well for your presentation and learn a few things about the company.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions.
      Unexpected question: Is there a question that you have prepared for today that we didn''t ask?
      Answer Question

Finance CDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

On campus interview, final round in Allentown

Interview Questions

• The case is difficult. Be prepared for very technical questions about your model.   Answer Question