Air Products Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.3

Bulk Gas Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager the same day I sent my resume. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview the following week.
    I didn't get an offer, but I received an email when the process was over, and they let me know why they didn't make me an offer. They also let me know about other opportunities within the company and how to apply to them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific about my past experience.   1 Answer

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Products (Pasadena, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied 8/2016. The whole process moved smoothly for me. After applying, I did a phone screening with HR within about a week. Following that I did a face to face interview. In the face to face interview I went through two panel interviews. The first panel was two management level individuals and the second panel was the HR manager and the Plant manager. The interview was pretty simple and straight forward. The goal of the hiring team is to get to know you and ask questions about your resume. I then advanced to the second interview/site tour. You are given a tour of the site by operations and a supervisor. This is to get to know you further and kind of see if you know your trade/field.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Porte, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (La Porte, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Was fairly quick, applied on a Friday, got a personal email from the HR person to set interview date the following Thursday. By personal I mean they didn't send me an automated email that makes you feel like there's 100,00,000 people to compete with. Had about a week (bouttta week ago, week ago lol) in between the email and interview. Interview was a panel type, two rooms with 3 staff members in each, pretty simple they just wanted to get know me and dissected my resume, don't put a bunch of bs on there that you can't talk about because they will ask. I felt really good about the interview, they called me back a week and a half later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Basically every thing on my resume they asked me to explain what it does or is..ex: what's a cooling towers purpose? What's lock out tag out for? What's a re boiler? First question was what do you know about air products? Do some research and come prepared   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really haggle with it I accepted the first offer of 16.00 per hour as an intern operator, under the assumption I would be offered full time when I graduate which is around 30.00 per hour