Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They made me do a programming task on InterviewStreet on creating a simple search to retrieve locations and other data from a database.

Interview Questions

• I had no experience in information retrieval so I found the task to be tough, especially since it was timed (3 hours).   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Interview

Found me on Flickr, asked me to join as a part time photographer, accepted the postion

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Recruiter contacted after submitting resume

Interview Questions

• Write a method which prints an array in spiral order. Starts at top left, goes to top right, then bottom right, then bottom left.   1 Answer

Product Person Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Recruiter was flaky and it took a long time to set up a first interview. Gave me a lame programming interview to view.

Interview Questions

• The test was inadequate and did not cover much, it is hard to know something about someone from such a test.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Interview

Very lengthy. The company requires multiple phone and on-site interviews. The process can often stretch on for weeks. Some of the interviewers are very difficult to talk to and seem disinterested in interviewing you.

Market Expert In SG Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Interview process was terrible, not streamline at all, no-one kept in touch with each other to be on the same recruiting page internally.

Got a first round with the head of sales in the local office, interview consisted of basic experience/background to what audience would I target, and what my approach would be. I thought went great as they talked about next steps in the interviewing process. However, no one was every reachable by email. Followed up 3 to 4 times during the next 3 to 4 weeks, no emails was every replied. Lacks professionalism and courtesy.

Interview Questions

• nothing too hard. basic background and understanding of airbnb   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

After the submission of the CV through Jobvite you can get contacted within a week through email by the recruiter. You are then invited to an online interview. If this interview is successful you are invited to a hiring meetup where you meet current aircorps and customer experience management. If you pass this stage the next day you will know for a final interview. The final decision is communicated to you the next day. Very quick response from the recruiter after going through the interview stages.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Interview

Applied via their website. Received invitation to participate in a Hireart a couple days later. In this, they asked me to answer to some emails, and to explain some policies of their website to potential customers. Then was invited to a hiring meetup. They make us introduce ourselves, explain why did we love the company, why did we wanted to work in it, explain a fun fact about ourselves, and do some role playing answering some customer phone calls. This was the worst part because they expected you to answer really specific questions about their policies (payments, insurance, guarantees, refunds...). I don't really understand why are we supposed to memorise all these things for an interview process. Still in the process now, I'm supposed to do some skype interviews soon.

Interview Questions

• If you were to do a Ted talk, which would it be? Why?
      Why do you want this job?
      When was the last time you worked really hard?
      When was the last time you helped someone?
      How do you cut a cake in 8 equal pieces with 3 knife cuts?
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

First a behavioral phone screen.
    Later followed by a take home test, given 2 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Take home test contained a data analysis question that required knowledge of statistical comparison techniques.   Answer Question

CX Interview

Interview

Online, Group Sessions, Free food

Interview Questions

• They just are testing your culture and if you can handle being in a fraternity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. They underpay you like everyone else because "you're lucky to work for such an innovative company like us"