Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Quick turnaround, organized, helpful recruiter.

Overall this was one of the best interview processes I’ve had. Things moved fast, recruiter was helpful, interviewers were nice (one was quite condescending but oh well) and the in-house loop was actually quite interesting (it was mostly based on a presentation I had to prep in advance).

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on the presentation I had to prep in advance.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbnb (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Back back interview. Actually, the problems were not that difficult, but I was too nervous and could not find where my bug was. Too sad! I could do much better!

Interview Questions

• Two questions: 1. Alien Dictionary 2. File system. As for the second question, I was not allowed to use hashMap because it was not space efficient. But instead, use the tree to store the path.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2018.

Interview

Video interview using CoderPad. The interview took about 45 min. The interviewer showed the question directly without introduction in the beginning. All codes were required to compile and several different test cases were tested.

Interview Questions

• Pour water. Descriptions can be found at LeetCode. Required to run some test cases using CoderPad.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process is 2 rounds, first is a back to back skype technical interview (50/10/50 mins), which will ask you to solve a coding challenge and compile as well, another round is culture interview, which basically know more about you and also see if you fit well with the culture of the company. The recruiters are professional. However, some of the recruiters are very busy and reply with emails slowly.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2018.

Interview

Got reached out to why the recruiter at the end of summer. Didn't get past the first round, which is a Hackerrank. The problem set a context and there was a lot of different requirements to handle

Interview Questions

• hackerrank which represented a simulation of locations being attacked / aided etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Process was straight forward. Two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with a 15 minute break in between.
    Interviews were nice and understanding. I didn't quite get the questions but they were helpful in guiding me. First technical question was fair. However, the second technical question was a horrible question. It was the IP to CIDR question you can find on Leetcode. The interviewer and I both got frustrated since it was not a question either of us were used to.

Interview Questions

• 1. Flights path and min cost
      2. IP to CIDR   1 Answer

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was sourced through Linkedin with an uninspired and generic message. I have friends who work for the company so I took the interview invite. The recruiter rescheduled the initial phone meeting and then was late to the second scheduled call. Didn't ask any personal questions, just rambled about the company, the teams and typical questions she thought I would ask based on the many other conversations she had. The initial call was impersonal, rehearsed and didn't gather any meaningful information from me as a candidate. Everything the recruiter rattled off could have been read via online research. The initial recruiter outlined the process and was going to get back to me about the second call with the hiring manager but dropped the ball. I had to email her to follow up and after an apologetic email, she scheduled the second call. The second call also rattled through the process and only talked at me about Airbnb and the values but didn't ask any meaningful questions about me as a candidate. Despite not having any in-depth personal questions, I was invited to the onsite interview stage to meet with a panel of team members and do cross-functional interviews. By the time the recruiter coordinated the interviews, I had completed the full process of interviews with Facebook and ultimately accepted with them because they were more personalized, responsive and on the ball.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to focus on?
      Tell me about a time you closed a difficult candidate?
      Tell me about your sourcing strategy.
      If you could do any job, what would that ideal job look like?
      Why Airbnb?
      **In general, all generic questions and then a couple random unrelated to recruiting questions that weren't even broad enough in scope to test general cognitive ability. They were just random and somewhat superficial.**   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Call with recruiter to discuss open roles. Then a take home data challenge. Finally an onsite where I had 6 or so 1:1 interviews and gave a short presentation on past work and the take home data challenge.

Interview Questions

• An important metric goes down, how would you dig into the causes?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and on-site.

Coding problems were medium for on-site. Recruiter was very helpful. The system design interview during on-site however was a really bad experience. The interviewer wants very specific answers to questions and doesn’t want to discuss any design possibilities. It is not a professional technical/design discussion. Definitely the worst system design interview I have seen so far among the reputable tech companies. Worst thing is, the interviewer had a hostile attitude, for no reason. (This has nothing to do with race, as I read on some other posts. I’m Chinese, she is Chinese.)

CX Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a group interview meet up. It was overall a great experience, however I do think some of the group activities were difficult to judge due to “group think” and presentations being a bad representation of the individual.

Interview Questions

• If you had to teach a class on one thing what would it be?   Answer Question