Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Language Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Got an email with an exercise to be finished in 3 days. says will come back to me in a few days once finished. never heard back thereafter. It would be great if they may send me a few lines saying if i passed or not, consider the time and effort i have devoted into the test.

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Recruiters were extremely pleasant to deal with, had a couple screener calls, then a technical call, then an onsite.

Went over pretty straightforward iOS and programming concepts - stumbled on one interview because I didn't necessarily understand the question and ended up a little frustrated - oops.

Interview Questions

• Make an app where you can drag and drop a picture into a trash can.   2 Answers

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, 3 hour in person interview with 6 folks. The 6 folks were from both legal & non legal functions. Everyone seems very passionate about their jobs and the company, is a healthy way.

Interview Questions

• Why Airbnb? What is your personal motto?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from one of the university recruiting coordinator, asking me general questions including my previous internship and my interests, etc. She introduced me teams at Airbnb and the interview process took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that you don't want from your last internship   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online via their website. Just the usual resume submission with LinkedIn and GitHub as optional add ins as well. Unfortunately, I was rejected pretty quickly within a week. I did have some project experience, but I do believe a lack of industry experience was the primary reason for rejection.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

There were emails, then a phone interview, then a technical interview, during which I sat in a tiny room and was supposed to write a primitive csv parser in half an hour while a man sat and watched me. It was pretty uncomfortable. I ended up feeling too much anxiety to concentrate at all - I just wanted to leave.

I'm marking the interview as difficult but it was difficult as structured - the questions were fine. The expectation that I'd be able to do anything intelligent in that tiny room with a man looking over my shoulder was not so great, for me. There wasn't even a desk - I could either hold the laptop up so he could see it while sitting in an armchair, or hunch over an unusually short counter.

Interview Questions

• Lots of personal questions, actually. I can't recall any specific technical questions.   Answer Question

Host Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Efficient. Timely. Fairly brief. 20-30 minute phone interview followed by an in person interview abouta week later. When I arrived, I was promptly greeted and then introduced to the manager. She was personable and relaxed. Questions were typical and to be expected for the role. Nothing outlandish.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Started with a brief chat with a recruiter. We went over my experience/resume, my goals, and why I want to work at Airbnb. I got scheduled for a technical phone interview next (after a bit of rerouting among recruiters), where I got asked to solve one or two algorithm problems. Rejected a few days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in August 2015.

Interview

Most of the interviews were fine, but I really took offense to one of my interviewers. He pretty much gave me a 2 hour problem and expected me to complete it in 35 minutes. It was even a problem I had seen before and I knew exactly how to do it. Even though I was basically writing code the entire time, I could only complete half problem. The interviewer basically gave me the problem, then sat down and started checking his phone the entire time. He wasn't evaluating me on my thought process and seemed more interested in making me struggle. Overall, I pretty felt like it was a waste of time I was pretty much given no chance to pass.

Trust &Amp; Safety Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

A Hiring Meetup proved to be a phenomenal experience with 15+ other candidates and 5 or so staff. Food and snacks were provided. We all introduced ourselves and share 1) A memorable Airbnb experience 2) A interesting fact about ourselves. We then split up into groups and 1) Responded to scenarios to see how we would respond, and 2) Did a survival exercise. We then filled out availability forms and did a one on one interview with a current team member.

Interview Questions

• You and your group are stuck on a raft. There is a list of 15 or so items available, you must choose 5.   Answer Question