Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by recruiter. A phone interview was then set up on a shared coding site followed by an onsite. Onsite consisted of a few technical interviews, lunch, and a few cultural interviews. Very highly protective of culture and thus have high requirements in that area, must love the product and fit into existing culture.

Interview Questions

• Project showcase. Live coding of code that must be runnable.   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Backend) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in July 2015.

Interview

Process was good. I solved a question 2 ways on collabedit..for the question I have listed below it took more time to give in input and print output then to actually write the code.. had to make it compile and try examples.

interview went well, however i think because i did the recursive solution first I was rejected

Interview Questions

• Paintfill question from Cracking coding interview   1 Answer

Interviewee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

2 phone calls and one onsite for 1/2 day. don't bother applying if you don't have a degree from an ivy league. although i didn't have one and made it to the onsite, i got bumped by others who have ivy league degrees. airbnb likes to keep it within the ivy league family. welcome the new "boys club" of the 21st century. no joke.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited to apply for a frontend software engineering position at Airbnb, and invited in to the office to have lunch and chat with a recruiter.

I was warned that the interview process was incredibly selective, and that it would best to over prepare. Luckily, I wasn't in a rush to leave my current job, so I scheduled my phone screen for 2 weeks out, and spent the time brushing up on data structures and algorithms.

The phone screen was a live coding exercise, which lasted about 45 minutes. They called me up the next day to schedule an onsite for the following week.

The onsite was a bit of a marathon, 1 general coding interview, 2 frontend focused interviews, a break for lunch, then 1 architecture interview, and 2 culture fit interviews. Each segment lasted about an hour.

Honestly, it was challenging, but not unfairly so. All the questions seemed focused on my ability to do the job, rather than simply brain teasers or hypotheticals. I ended up smiling my way through most of the sessions.

They followed up really quickly (I had a verbal yes the next day and an offer within a couple of days).

Interview Questions

• Can't give out specific questions, but I feel like the interview is mostly:

1) Can you do the job?
      2) Can we work with you?

Be good at what you do, but don't be afraid to treat the interviewer as a collaborator.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in June 2015.

Interview

Pinged by the recruiter who then connected me with a phone screen.
    The phone screen was fairly basic about my background and with a question on how I would improve their host experience.
    Moved to onsite.
    Onsite had a presentation with about 2 hours to work on. At the presentation demo, I wasn't asked any questions. After lunch I was asked to leave.
    My take - either I had not given them a good enough demo (lack of talent) or the role was already filled.

Community Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in June 2015.

Interview

The process was a bit confusing. Apparently there were on-contract positions and temp. positions. I sent my resume and interest blurb to a classified on Jobsthatareleft heard back from one employee that scheduled a phone interview. And I also applied online through Airbnb, and was scheduled to do a skype call. Unbeknownst to me, they were for different community organizer positions. I got neither of them.

Interview Questions

• If you were assigned a region of the city that was not engaged in the politics or debate, how would you activate them?   1 Answer

Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Short phone interview with recruiter, then another with hiring manager, then invited in for a four-hour interview with 7 people (all male) including two in totally different departments, and the hiring manager. Each meeting was 30 mins, until the last, which was one hour.

Everyone was very nice but it was odd to be interviewed by people I wouldn't work with; one even said, "I don't know what position you are interviewing for, and it doesn't matter." These were "cultural fit" interviews and the questions were a bit strange, such as "tell me about a time you bought someone a gift for no reason."

At the end I was told that there were many more people coming in for interviews. I would think that only top candidates would be asked to make time for a four-hour interview so as not to waste anyone's (candidates or employees) time.

Interview Questions

• What simple tool or product has made a huge difference in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through Linkedin. This one was particularly disappointing because the recruiter painted a picture of an engineering culture that was so opposite what turned out to be. I had the impression that they cared more about having 100 of the exact same top 20 CS program grad, in favor of some actual culture with engineers that had passion and personality. Instead, they turned out to be worse school snobs even than Google.

Interview Questions

• I had a phone screen question involving examination of subsets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Really slow and unprofessional . Recruiters don't value candidates time. It will hurt hiring in long term.
    They are bad in following up. They are slow to respond and provide feedback.

Customer Experience Shift Deputy, Seoul, S Korea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Self introduction shortly.
    Why are you applied in this position?
    What is your strength for this position?
    Airbnb people are crazy, what are you crazy in?
    What is the impressive tour for your life?

Interview Questions

• Role Playing
      She booked Airbnb house to stay with her family but miscommunicated with a host only one bed host can offer and any space room does not offer. She wanted to cancel but she do not want to move any place cuz of massive, a lot of luggage. How will you satisfy the customer?   Answer Question
    • Self introduction shortly.
      Why are you applied in this position?
      What is your strength for this position?
      Airbnb people are crazy, what are you crazy in?
      What is the impressive tour for your life?   Answer Question