Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process has 4 steps. First is submit a cover letter and resume, second is a video interview and series of questions related to Airbnb policy, the third is a group interview, and the fourth is a Skype interview.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I did not apply but was contacted by their recruiter to see if I was interested in the role. I decided to take the phone screen to learn more about the opportunity. The recruiter called 10 minutes late and immediately declared he had a hard stop in 20 minutes. There was a ton of background noise and I couldn't hear him too well. He then stated that he didn't have time to tell me about the role or the company. He had three questions for me all regarding my management and leadership experience (clearly outlined on the resume). End of call. No time for my questions. I received a call four days later informing me that due to the "overwhelming number of applicants they received" I didn't make the cut. They reached out to me - remember.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

You apply online and wait........

Then you get an email to create some videos answering some questions.

You then get another email letting you know you got two to three Skype interviews.

After you get an invite to a group interview.

Then you get a job offer

Fly to San Francisco to learn how the business works and how the corporate office runs.

Interview Questions

• None, I was just my self and answered the questions as honestly as possible.   Answer Question

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague, and after formally submitting my application I was contacted by the program director for my department. Communication was excellent, and I had a total of four interviews each with a different style before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Create a recruitment letter for a volunteer event.   2 Answers
    • What are some examples of your experience managing teams?   1 Answer
    • How well do you respond to criticism?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a series of technical interviews as well as cultural fit interviews. It was roughly 3 technical and 2 cultural and lasted half of the day. They will ask you to code for whatever position or platform you apply for so make sure you know your stuff. More emphasis on coding and less on algorithms

Interview Questions

• Asked me to do a scripting question which covered being able to recognize edge cases. Also asked me to code directly on laptop relevant for the position I applied for.   1 Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone calls with a Recruiter who was great - asked relevant questions pertaining to my background and sold me on the opportunity. They quickly scheduled an onsite, and sent me tons of information to help me prepare for meeting more of the team. The process was efficient and they seem to want to set candidates up for success. Unfortunately, I dropped out due to another offer, but I was impressed with what I did experience.

Culinary Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

-Airbnb has a very long interview process but it is well worth the wait and anticipation! I truly believe they only choose the best and the hiring process shows amazing results!
    -Started with a phone screening with recruiter for the company.Ffrom there I had two back to back interviews with someone in the same department but different team and an interview with a lead on the team I was applying for.
    -From there I had another back to back interview, the first being a working interview and then a sit-down with the global head of food.
    -I had a last minute interview after that with the new food and beverage operations manager.
    -From there I had two back to back core value interviews over Skype with a couple of people from the San Francisco office.

Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in January 2015.

Interview

I had two phone screens and two onsite interviews. I spoke with two different people over the phone and probably 8 or so people in person, including members of the recruiting team and people from other groups in the company for the core values interviews (assessing whether I would be a good fit for the company).

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Skype video interview, about half an hour. Talked to an employee about what kind of person I am and how I would solve problems which may arise in the field of battle.

Interview Questions

• What would an ideal day look like for you? How would you treat the mail.   1 Answer

Human Resources Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb in January 2015.

Interview

6 Skype interviews with different people in different locations.

Coordinator is really well organized, very personable.

Some of the interviews were pleasant, other interviewers were overly officious.

After getting through all the interview steps and one with the head of HR I got a cookie cutter rejection letter which was totally disingenuous given the fact that I had spoken to one person in the process 3 separate times and all the feedback was positive.

When I requested further feedback I got another generic response.

I tried 2 months later to send a polite follow up and didn't even get a response.