Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with a recruiter who was super nice, just to review my experience and learn a little more about the job. After that, they scheduled 4 onsite interviews and a final remote interview for the following day. The recruiters were so accommodating and friendly throughout the entire process!

Interview Questions

• Why AirBnB?   Answer Question
    • Several questions to determine if I was a values for - great conversations! They don't require these to be work related conversations, but really try to better understand you as a person.   Answer Question
    • Several questions specifically to the technical side/your experience and how it relates to the role. Again, they really try to get to know you and there were no "gotcha" moments like you'd experience many other places.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

started with online assessment , the phone screen with 2 coding questions, then onsite with 2 coding question and one architecture design question and one experience/project. Then cross functional (behavioral)

Interview Questions

• describe the project you have worked on, and what was the difficulty, and how you handled it, and why did you handle it that way?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

touch base after submitting my resume online on April and passed the first round of phone screen at the beginning of June and do onsite at the beginning of July. For onsite, two coding, one security architect design and one resume deep drive. There are no lunch for this onsite interview which is rare case for any onsite interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone screen with HR where you are asked a series of questions regarding your experience and how it’s relevant to the role. Then you are schedule for a 30 phone interview with a peer that asks more technical questions. Next step is onsite interviews in SF. This consists of a series of about 8 interviews with different team members across functions. Questions rage from technical to behavioral. There are also a couple of interviews designed to assess your ethics and values.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in July 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and a thirty minute call with the hiring manager. I was then flown out to SF for an on-site.
    I met with 4 people - 3 from the department and 1 who used to work in the department. The woman that used to work in the department was 15 minutes late. I contacted HR to let them know per their instructions and they were unaware of where she was. When she did finally show up she was very brief and seemed totally uninterested. The rest is the interviews were pleasant enough.
    Two weeks after the interview I got the form email that I was not moving forward in the process. I reached out to the recruiter asking for feedback and heard nothing back. I found it very frustrating to not even get a response.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with the recruiter who really liked my background. I then spoke to the hiring manager who had about the same amount of experience that I have. He said they’d be in touch within about 8 days. I then got an automated rejection email from a no reply email address as if I hadn’t even had interviewed. Overall a negative experience with the rejection method.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Applied, received phone call 2 weeks later, got a take-home exercise, burned a few days just to dedicate to the exercise, then got an automatic rejection
    Recruiter was inexperienced and unprofessional where she couldn't properly explain the expectations
    For the amount of effort, you might as well talk to a friend to get a referral link to Google/Facebook/Microsoft and use the time to study for those guys' interview
    The unclear expectations probably came from the middle management and this directly reflects on the middle management's capabilities - blurry goals and vision
    Recruiting is supposed to be a 2-way street, and the current recruiting process is a reflection of sentiment that's furthest away from "belong anywhere"
    You're better off with a more prestigious company than to be wasting time here

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in June 2019.

Interview

I start with a HackerRank test (1 question in 1 hour). I work hard to complete the 2 additional practice tests (4 questions each) and then proceed to take the HackerRank test and luckily found it easier than the other questions from the practice.

I completed the test with full marks on all their test cases and nearly a week later, the recruiter notifies me that I did not qualify

Interview Questions

• Count all ancestors in a directed graph. O(n) time/space   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter screen followed by 2 phone interviews. They have one of the worst and biased interview process out there. Even after solving the questions on both the interviews and providing optimal solutions, still got rejected. Both the interviewers started with the questions without any introductions and hung up right at 45 min (didn't even let me ask any questions). I hope they fix their interviewing process and train their engineers on how to take interviews.

A Counsel Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Enthusiastic and positive on site interviews over multiple days with 10 people, was a "top candidate" and then they never let me know and did not return calls or emails. Ghosting is real, and considering how much emphasis they put on their core values during the interview process it's amazing if they don't see the irony of their behavior.