Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, and we had an initial phone chat about what the job involved. He was very punctual for this call.

He flaked on the second call entirely, with no communication, blaming it on "the startup life". The second call he communicated that he was going to flake, at least, but again flaked. At this point I was getting the impression that the company was pretty disorganized, which caused me to become disinterested.

Nothing difficult was asked in the interviews at all, just asked about my interests and goals.

Customer Service Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was low pressure and congenial in tone. I really had to sell myself because I had the impression that someone higher up had a good impression of me and passed down word that perhaps I would be a good fit for the position. Questions ranged from how would react in very specific scenarios to what super power I would choose if I could have one. I received a rejection about two and a half weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What super power would you choose and why?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Quick phone interview and then I came into their office to meet with two people. I don't think they even wanted to ever hire someone for the position I was interviewing for - they were out to gather all the knowledge they could so that they could do it themsleves.

Interview Questions

• When you walk into a room, what would be your theme song?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

3-4 rounds of technical interviews followed by a couple of core value interviews. Technical rounds are conducted by team members and cross-functional team members. Core value interviews are done by core value interviewers to make sure you have matching personalities with Airbnb's mission and values.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

First there was a written test, where you had to show that you knew a bit how airbnb and its policies worked. Then if you passed this, you were invited to a hiring meet up in Dublin. They conducted several group dynamics and finally 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a challenging situation in a previous job and how I had dealt with it.   Answer Question

24/7 Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website after finding job on LinkedIn. Phone interview, pretty straightforward. Then they asked to complete an online interview as well, which I ended up not doing.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Interview

Pathetic confusing time wasting no clarity absurd wasted my Saturday on this crap company full of jerk hr who think they are the co-founder of this bnb pathetic little impish freaks

Interview Questions

• They did not took cv started off with one on one then mock call then GD topic was corporate gossip the guidelines were don't fight in gd don't interrupt don't raise volume just play dead mute n deaf n then later they vl give feedback that u were not vocal enough   1 Answer
    • Email test in which v had to write 4 email in 20 min n then portal vl log you out.
      All the topics were related to service industry   1 Answer

Knowledge Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2020.

Interview

A long and tedious process. I say long because, I had an initial phone interview with HR. I followed up and didn't hear anything until about a week later. The HR person said I passed to the next phase, a zoom interview with the manager of the team. I wasn't sure how the interview went because the person interviewing me was neutral but seemed to like my experience.

I didn't hear anything for a few weeks, so I followed up with an email to HR. The HR person responded saying that the manager enjoyed the conversation and I was invited to a face-to-face interview in the Dublin office.

I prepared using Glassdoor and going over my CV for key points. I even had a friend who works in a recruiting agency do a mock interview and gave me helpful feedback. I have been wanting to work at Airbnb since 2016 (and have applied several times).

The face-to-face was more relaxed than I thought. The Airbnb building is in a great area and it's a lovely building. There are a lot of perks for employees, the best one being the travel vouchers. I had four 30 minute interviews and one person even gave me a hug. I felt extremely positive and had that feeling that I got the job. They made it seem like it was just a formality, and one person even said, 'don't worry about it,' after I told him I was a little nervous. Because, to be honest, the process can be a little brutal if you're not used to these type of interviews. But I walked out of there with a great feeling.

I didn't hear anything for a while so I emailed the HR person again as a follow-up. A week later, the HR person responded, thanks but we found someone who is a better match for the position, kind of email. About a week later I was searching for jobs and that exact position popped up. And it had been posted a day before...so no, that position wasn't even filled. I was furious because I know I was a perfect match for the position and I was prepared and did well in all my interviews. I also sent 'thank you' cards in the post.

Before I go any further, I do want to say that everyone who interviewed me and all the people I talked to at Airbnb are super nice, extremely professional and treated me with respect. I have no complaints about the people themselves.

But there is a silver lining. This was right before the lockdown. Although I did not get an offer here, I did get an offer in another company that works with the government. I am able to work from home and I have excellent benefits.

With the current situation, I believe that I would have been let go at Airbnb. And it looks like that company took a drastic hit. I see articles in the news every week and it's a reminder that being turned down for this job was a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about relevant experience.   2 Answers

Drug Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2020.

Interview

the process is composed of several interviews. I got just two, the first of 30 minutes via mobile phone (pretty general) and the second was a video call of 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• why airbnb, why this position, describe a stressfull situation and how you managed it, your skills   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in February 2020.

Interview

Had to submit my portfolio online to the company headquarters based in Seattle . They reviewed my work and got in touch with me via Skype . I had to to a test shoot and then I was hired