Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Recruiter, a number of video interviews, in person interviews and then another round determining your fit. Everyone was very friendly and generally open to questions. It was helpful to get a sense of the type of people who work there and culture they have.

Crisis Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2020.

Interview

1-call with the recruiter, 1:1 video call with the hiring manager. I did not make it to the onsite stage and I doubt there was any planned for external candidates. Airbnb is well known in Dublin for conducting fake interviews for external candidates when the internal candidate is already chosen. They also heavily rely on internal promotions (I was told from internal source) - probably 80% of the roles higher than customer support used to be hired internally meaning that it was extremely hard to pass CV screening process and get shortlisted. Among my friends Airbnb is called a "black hole" due to that fact. I have applied ten or more times despite having a strong interesting CV and heard from them only once (the very last - this time) but I didn't make it further to the process (my interview was sold).

Shortly after this interview, probably a month after I applied for a Safety Specialist role and I wasn't even called for a screening call with the recruiter despite my current job is more-less the same. I feel sorry for recent layoffs at Airbnb but I find it a bit unfair ...all that "promotion" and "hype"they created on Linkedin .. why (laid off) Airbnb employees should be treated better than any other hard working candidates in Dublin who work very hard to get noticed and put their feet at the doors of the best companies in Dublin. Where all those Airbnb recruiters were when me or hundreds of other candidates who had applied to Airbnb (aka black hole) and never heard back (and their CV was good enough to be called for a screening) because Airbnb eagerly wanted to promote internal candidates? Now they area moaning and begging to have their employees' CVs noticed, reviewed and screened by other companies/recruiters by creating that hype and drama on Linkedin about Airbnb layoffs.

Interview Questions

• Example of escalations and cross-functional collaboration to solve a high-level problem   Answer Question

Fraud Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb in December 2019.

Interview

It was a terrible experience, first round is the phone call for just know some details of you, then arrange the interview with the team manager, after that no further news, even you sent an email to them for the feedback, also no reply. so rude and unrespective for the candidate.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview took place with the General Manager at the time since we were part of the first batch of Fraud Analysts in Portugal. Interview was informal and the GM has always been correct and professional.

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Had 10 rounds of interviews with different functions. On one occasion I waited for the interview venue and time to be confirmed, then I had 30 minutes to get there. I enjoyed interviewing with everyone but the process was hectic.

Public Policy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and scheduled an interview. A few days later I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was friendly and had some tricky questions that were not easily answered for my position. I was contacted a week later to do a second-round interview with someone else, above the hiring manager. This was a harder interview.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

given a tour around the office, incredible space and design. hiring manager was very personable. however, interview seemed rushed and people there looked listless. wrapped up with a feedback session and got back on further rounds very quickly. with sufficient preparation, candidates can ace the interview.

Interview Questions

• typical questions that describe your past work experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2019.

Interview

- Call (recruiter)
    - Online test
    - 3 face to face interviews (workers from the department you are applying)
    - 2 video call interview (about the core values of Airbnb - with people from other departments)
    - Recruiter ask for 2 or 3 referrals
    - Offer of the job

The process took 1 month.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Was invited a video interview. Make a short self-introduction video and writing an essay about the customer experience situation. The essay were 3 questions . It was about the situation between the customer and the property owner

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself briefly and why do you apply for this xompany   1 Answer

Luxury Retreats Villa Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied via indeed. An internal recruiter from Canada set up a time to chat. Gave me the spiel on how Airbnb was founded even though my Resume already shows I've worked for Airbnb in the past. So don't need to hear the "airbed story" another 1000th time.

Was asked how my account manager exp was relevant, how would I feel/deal with a superior's decision if it was unfavorable to me/team.

When speaking to a possible client, what 3 questions would you ask them? Nothing out of the ordinary questions in the first round of interviews yet my application was rejected soon after.

I think this company is nit-picking and actively looking to find a flaw in candidates. I mean, why bother applying these days unless your buddy Tom or Jill will refer you.

Interview Questions

• what three questions would you ask your client?
      do you have the right to work in this country?
      will you now or later require work authorization?   1 Answer