Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Operations Lead, Experiences Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2019.

Interview

It was a phone call of 30 minutes where I was asked to speak about my work experience for the last ten years. Unfortunately I did not move to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your work experience?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

The whole process took six weeks and included an initial online coding test, two technical interviews, and a behavior interview. The technical interviews were not easy. All the interviewers were very friendly and professional. The recruiter was always fast in their response. One of the best interviewing experience I have had.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

They'll waste your time and are completely unprofessional.

After I applied for the position, one of the HR reps contacted me to have an initial screening. A week later, I was told that I had been successful and would be progressing to the next round of interviews. However, when I tried to arrange a time for the video call, I never heard from her again. I contacted her twice, and I have seemingly been "ghosted" by them.

Not only is this absolutely unprofessional behaviour, but this has darkened my experience with ever using their services again. It wouldn't have bothered me if I hadn't progressed, but to be told that I had progressed and then left without any word, is ridiculous.

Personal Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2018.

Interview

I submitted my cv online and was contacted by a recruiter in the following days. I had a phonecall interview with an HR, a VC with the hiring manager and 3 back-to -back onsite interviews. The whole process was fair and communication was good.

Crisis Management Investigator Interview

Interview

It was a lengthy process, took about 2 months. There is a total of 7 to 8 interviews. Phone call, Skype, Face to Face. You will need to be prepare for scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Applied with resume via online. Got a phone call saying I’ve made it to the next round and from then had 6-7 online interviews with relevant team memebers as well as people working from other departments for cross-functional interview

Interview Questions

• If you have a photo, number, e-mail, and name of a person, how would you find out that they exist for real?   Answer Question
    • If I were to hire you, describe one object that you will bring to the office the first day, which I don’t already have   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Barcelona (Spain)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 10 min, than I was booked for Skype interview. The interview was about 1 hour, I was asked to talk about my previous experience first, then I had some odd questions asked and then I had a written language test in English and Russian

Interview Questions

• What would one bad thing that your boss will tell about you?   Answer Question
    • What are the good things he will tell?   Answer Question
    • How you describe the colour green to a blind person?   1 Answer
    • What should be a priority punctuality or proficiency?   1 Answer
    • Writing test: Describe what are you good at doing? - 180 words in English 10 min   Answer Question
    • Writing test: Could you give me your definition of hard work? - 180 words in Russian 10 min   Answer Question

Affiliate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was not a great process at all. It took about 4 months and communication was really poor throughout that time.
    The process involved a telephone interview, a presentation and 7 face to face interviews (mostly over video link).
    I’m not one to follow up with recruiters but as the process went on I felt like I’d invested so much time that I was at least owed an update from time to time, but I had to follow up myself to receive any news and when I did get an update it tended to be quite blunt and again didn’t give me any indication of what to expect next or how long the process would be.
    After chasing for a about 3 weeks after what I assumed were the final round of interviews, I received an auto responder survey about the process and then an auto responder saying…
    “We’ve received your application and it looks like you have some great qualifications and experience; however, the talent search for this position is currently on hold. If we decide to reopen the search in the future, someone from our recruiting team will be in touch.'
    So 4 months invested in the process and that’s what it all closed off with.
    I've since given my feedback to the head of their recruitment team and they were genuinely apologetic for the experience. I get the impression that they are all trying to do the job to the best of their ability but with an organisation of that size, growing and that pace, there is a lot of internal politics and decision makers that ultimately hinder things. My advice is if you're in the process and start to experience some of the above, just take stock, manage your own expectations, see the process through and once all is said and done – reach out to them and give feedback. Companies can only improve if they know there has been a problem. If I hadn’t given my feedback and discussed what could have been done better, the experience would have left me much more disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Name a brand that you respect and why? Why do you want to work for Airbnb? If you won a million pounds tomorrow what would you do with it? What do you consider a challenge for the world and what do you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2018.

Interview

The whole process contains 3 onsite interviews and 2 culture interviews. The onsite interviews focus on algorithms and data strucutres, and require the candidate to solve a problem on a online code site like leetcode within 45 mins. The problem is between middle and hard, and your code should pass all testcases the interviewer provides.

Interview Questions

• Solve a jigsaw puzzle with mini moves?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in October 2018.

Interview

It started with a Hackerrank question. Pretty straightforward. I had 1 hour to finish the problem. Following the Hackerrank, the recruiter emailed me to schedule two 45 min back to back phone screen interviews. The first interview went well. However, the second interview did not go very well. The question itself was harder than the first one, but the main problem was that the interviewer would interrupt me a lot while I was coding. I ended up running out of time and shortly after I received a rejection.