Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2018.

Interview

Screening followed by hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager was not comfortable, hiring manager did it from home, with loads of home noise in the background. The hiring manager seemed distracted. Didn't feel it was professional. Didn't get the role. Asked for feedback, didn't receive a reply from HR.

Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Phone call to recruiter (roughly 30 mins) followed by coding interviews (2 x 45 min). Passed the first with flying colours but failed the second. Didn’t make it to the on-site stage. Got some useful feedback along the way at least, and all the people were friendly.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Interview

You'll be sent a link where you have to login to a portal to complete a digital interview. It requires you to record video responses and as well type in responses to several questions within a certain time frame.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are about scenarios you would face in this role and how you would respond to them. Language skills will also be tested depending on which position you applied to.   Answer Question

CX Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2018.

Interview

First you get a phone call from a person from the HR, where you will know more about the job spec, the benefits .. after a few question about your cv and why airbnb .
     After those 30 min call, you get another call with someone from the market that you applied, which consists in 4 questions and it wouldnt take long, you will have to tell about yourself, why airbnb , if you have used before, what do you know about the company.
    After you get an online test , which consists in 4 question within 15 min to answer.
    After is the group interview , which is pretty ok, tiring but ok.. Eat something before the interview, you may feel starve during the hiring process and you dont get anything to eat, only a few snacks if you stay until the 5th interview.
    I went to the group interview, they serve a quick breakfast which was ok, then they put you in a room which you have to say something funny about yourself in front of the others, it take more than 30 min as in the room is covered by people.
    After that you get in a different group with the ppl from the hr or someone that is in the recruitment area for a group interview , then they will ask some scenarios and ask to you and the group to build a toy..( in my case two of them wasnt that interested and spent 40 min touching their phones, which I tottaly felt akward but ok and the other two was paying attention to the interview), (you have to build a toy with your colleagues and they are trying to make you feel a bit lost as you the hr and others watching how you act working as part of a team.
    After that, they invite you for a 15
    min 1x1 face to face and if they like you, you can do between 3 to 4 small interview, in my case I did 4, same question during those 4 interviews.. or most likely the same.
    Don't waste your day off doing this interview as they will hire someone that is friend of a person that was in the room (someone that was interviewing)

That what happened in this situation, They already knew she would be hired but because is a "process" she had to join.
    After spent all day, they sent an email next day to me saying that all the ppl liked met me but had someone better.

My question is what's the criteria to judge someone with the experience in B2C/B2B to someone working in a area not related to this environment?

I think this is frustanting and unprofessional, , you letting someone get in not because of the qualification but for favoritism like the Brazilian did with her friend .

The worst interview i have done, and after that You get a small gift like a consolation gift is going to minimize the stress of like pass 3 weeks studying this ridiculous system and spend a day without eat for 55€ voucher.

It's shamelless that I cannot complain for anyone and this system seems to be pretty ok for you. Be realistic.

There are plenty of good company with the hiring process smoother than this.
    Do not waste your day at work to do an interview at Airbnb .
    They will only hire someone that is friend of the people that will interview you. Not a person that have the competence to do the job.

Interview Questions

• - Why Airbnb
      - If you had the chance to learn about any other thing, which one would be?
      - Tell me about yourself
      - others which I don't remember   Answer Question

SEM Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb in August 2018.

Interview

It was the HR interview / phone call where the recruiter didn't show and didn't send any email to apologize or to reschedule. Then another call was set after I emailed her. The recruiter barely asked questions but to be fair she answered all my questions.

Portfolio Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

The Core Values Interview is comfortable and assures employees are a fit to the company culture. Highly ethical process; mentioning marriage and a partner with health issues does not disqualify consideration of employment, which is phenomenal.
    Tour of the workplace is inspiring as one can see that the employee is considered the company's most important resource. All documents are sent far in advance, in a highly organized manner, and reminders are courteous/polite with clear timeframes. First day of the job involves free lunch.

Interview Questions

• How to you define Belonging?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online with a resume. There was no recruiter call or email exchange, and got scheduled for a technical phone interview right away.

Technical phone interview:
    - no video chat, just phone call with online coding tool
    - no introductions in the beginning, straight to coding
    - interviewer didn't ask about my experiences at all during the interview
    - 45 minutes long, which is shorter than the 1 hour average time I usually have for phone interviews
    - 2 part question. 1st part is find if string is a palindrome, 2nd part is to find all pairs of strings in a list than can form a palindrome (it's in Leetcode). I struggled to find the optimal solution for the 2nd part until the very end, which took up most of the interview.
    - Did not get feedback for 3 days, and only emailed me back when I asked them. Generic HR message saying they've looked carefully at my experiences, interview performance, etc. But I don't think my experiences were looked at since it was never asked about it.

Overall it was a very impersonal experience. Airbnb definitely wanted to interview in a rushed way by not having the first HR introductory call, and making the interview time to only 45 minutes. I felt that the interviewer could've paced the interview better ether by giving hints earlier, or when I was struggling with the coding part, at least ask about my experiences to see if there was a fit in that regard (which I think there is after asking her what she was doing).

Interview Questions

• 2 part question. 1st part is find if string is a palindrome, 2nd part is to find all pairs of strings in a list than can form a palindrome (it's in Leetcode)   Answer Question

Trust and Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very long process with 6 interviews, with the last 2 being with different departments related to culture fit. People were very nice, but the questions were not related to the department, but more personal ones like: when was the last time you were spontaneous etc

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interviews consisted of 3 x 30 minute chats on 3 separate dates, all with different interviewees. If I'd got past the 3rd there would have been 2/3 more interviews with the wider organisation. They were all very much chats and not challenging at all. It felt a little inefficient and I'm unclear on each of their criteria. In one interview we mainly focused on where I'd travelled. Each felt more like chemistry interviews rather than assessing whether I could do the job. I'm not sure whether I was moving up a level, after each interview or whether they just gathered their feedback at the end. All the interviewers were lovely, but the process could have and should have been streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used Airbnb? Where have you travelled? What do you think about the brand? Name some successful airbnb campaigns? Name some unsuccessful airbnb campaigns?   Answer Question

Crisis Management Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2018.

Interview

Took me around 3 weeks. Ant the process it's quite fast. My recruiter is based in Dublin.
    Start from CV screening, and then hiring manager interview, and then peers.

Most of the questions are related to specific situation and how you work under pressure.

Interview Questions

• - Why you want to join this team
      - Why trust and safety
      - if you are an animal, what would it be?
      - How did you handle crisis?   Answer Question