Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Crisis Management Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2018.

Interview

Took me around 3 weeks. Ant the process it's quite fast. My recruiter is based in Dublin.
    Start from CV screening, and then hiring manager interview, and then peers.

Most of the questions are related to specific situation and how you work under pressure.

Interview Questions

• - Why you want to join this team
      - Why trust and safety
      - if you are an animal, what would it be?
      - How did you handle crisis?   Answer Question

Customer Experience (Premium Support) Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for both roles two months apart, but both interview process were different.

Customer Experience Specialist (Mandarin): I received an email that my CV was not uploaded with the latest (which I did) and request for me to send again. In the same email, it also said that the next step will be to schedule for an interview with the hiring manager and to keep my calendar open for an availability. After I sent in my CV, I was informed that the role had been filled by an internal candidate the next day.

Customer Experience Premium Support Specialist: I received an email invitation to do a one-way video interview for the above position (CES). You get to practise how the interview will go before the actual one. There were 10 questions, of which 80% requires you to answer scenario cases in Mandarin, and there were time limit to each question. There were questions that requires you to provide the answer in written or verbally through the video. Before you answer, you are given some time to prepare yourself. You are not allowed to redo the questions and answers. Mainly it was more of a competency test to see how you manage the scenarios. It's a first doing such an interview, and awkward for me to be talking to myself into the video, and I did not fair very well for this. I did not proceed to the next round of course.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (South Africa)) in May 2018.

Interview

1. HR Screening
    2. Take home test - 48 hours time
    3. Interview with manager
    4. Metrics Interview
    5. Presentation
    The first round is HR screening followed by a take home test. After this, the subsequent rounds would be with the team on understanding Airbnb's metrics. This will also be dependent on the team you are applying for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2018.

Interview

They would tested your professional skill, also the core value test which had 2 rounds talking, stay relax and say what you really think, i think it almost 30 words.

Property Inspector Luxury Retreats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlingford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Carlingford (Ireland)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview took place over the phone from Montreal I was based in ireland via Webex , the quality of the call was very poor resulting from my point of view in an inconclusive interview. I was expecting a second interview for the position but this did not happen. Instead I received an email informing me I was not successful.

Interview Questions

• This question was raised by me . Can you please define the exact role which needs to filled   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

4 interview with different people.First catch up call then interviews with similar question about yourself and the company. (why airbnb/best travel experience/best host you know...) Very friendly interviewer felt comfortable and it was a good experiences

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2018.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews with one round of on site interview (1 Team presentation with 6 one on one) For the on-site interview, there were two rounds of culture interview and two rounds of skill interview and two rounds of collaboration intervew)

Luxury Retreats Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very efficient, responsive, and organized. I received an email a couple days after I applied online, and went through the entire process including phone, in-person, and online interviews (and a technical exercise) within the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Cross functional interview (for culture fit) asked some deeper/out-of-the box questions but overall was a great conversation with the interviewer and very enjoyable.   Answer Question

Crisis Management Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2018.

Interview

Tedious but good experience. First round was a call by a recruiter in Dublin, followed by a video call by a team leader based locally. Had a few role play sessions where they want to see how do you handle and address a difficult situation. Included conversations in mandarin as well. Next was 3 rounds of interview with team members at the office. Great experience and again, every interviewer had a role play and they will assess how you address it. It was tedious but an interesting experience nevertheless as you can tell the extend that they will go to find a staff of the right fit not only to the job, but to airbnb's culture as well. I did not proceed to the final round which was the call with a recruiter to see how much you are a fit to the company.

Interview Questions

• A host is calling and informed that his/her guest who was supposed to check-out had not done so, and he/she might still be in the room. How would you advise and handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join Airbnb?   1 Answer

Human Resources Accenture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Bucharest (Romania)) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a nice interview with people interested on my long and short term goals. They were genuine interested and impressed of my background and my experience and I felt in to a friendly and win/win environment beside professionals. I had to pass two difficult test for French and English and succeeded to get them.

Interview Questions

• Example when you delivered an excellent Customer service?   Answer Question