Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin, phone screen next day, onsite meet up a week later, results the week after. Very fast and smooth. However, the group interview made me realized that it was not a good fit. They were looking for more hospitality type of person, not really tech or startup environment savvy.

Interview Questions

• Group Interview, product knowledge interview, cross functional interview   Answer Question

Sales and Customer Service Administrator for Luxury Retreats/Airbnb Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

- Applied online through the website
    - received an email to set up a phone interview
    - Had a phone interview ( very nice and open-minded)
    - received an email for a face to face interview
    - I was well received on site, they gave me a tour of the office ( The office looks amazing but i felt like it was a clicky office environment )

And then here is the message i sent them after my interview

"

Hi

After my interview, i just want to let you know that i'm not interested in this position anymore.

The interview didn't went well for me, it makes me reconsider about the position and the values that Airbnb is pushing on their website.

I felt like i was a burden to this manager, and i'm sorry if i was. The interview was a straight forward interview, I felt like the manager was going through a list of questions, i didn't felt like i was listen, the manager didn't even take any notes, i felt like the manager was in a rush.

The way the job was describe by the manager was not really what i thought it was. she/he makes me feel like the company was looking for someone to execute certain tasks and shut up.

When i asked him/her to describe me the environment and what it was to work for the company he/she literally told me " well you can see... "( since we were in an open space office ) and continue by telling me that everybody is working for one goal which was to increase sales.

I'm sorry, even if i understand that a business has to generate revenue, i'm not interested to work in this type of environment, and i didn't think Airbnb value that.

To finish, i really felt like i was kicked out, i mention him/her that i had to take my coat where i left it. she/he didn't really listen to me, it felt like she/he only wanted me out of the building. he/she asked the receptionist to give me my coat, i told him/her that the receptionist didn't know what my coat look like and that i also left a bag with my personal stuff inside. It didn't seem like he/she cared about it. He/She came back and gave me a fake smile, rushed to say bye and didn't care if i would received my coat or not.

The receptionist came back with a coat which was not mine. It was not a good experience at all.

Thank you for the interest.

"

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Quite standard interview process. First met with HR coordinator, next with two directors/managers, followed by a corporate HR representative, the whole process took about 8 weeks, however, Christmas holidays were factored in there.

VIP Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Long but worth it. They are very hands on and set you up for success. They encourage you to learn about the company and have a large emphasis on personality and enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• Plan a trip! An example of what kinds of things you might encounter in the job you are applying for.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and included 6 interviews plus a screening interview. Everyone was friendly. Included work related questions and culture fit questions. Interviewed with team located across the globe.

Interview Questions

• What is the most unconventional thing you've ever done.   Answer Question

Villa Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

There were three stages to the process:

1. Call with a Recruiter
    Was very casual, with general questions like what I knew about the position, why I wanted it, and what I knew about Luxury Retreats.

2. "Assessment Day" at the Luxury Retreats Office
    This was a fun ~2.5 hours of group activities and a 1-on-1 interview. One activity had to do with using their site to navigate the portfolio of villas, and another was pitching a villa to the interviewing team. The 1-on-1 interview was pretty standard with a mix of questions about background and situational questions i.e. "what would you do if..."

3. "Cross Functional" Interview
    The Cross Functional Interview was a call with someone in a different department (mine was with a brand manager in Europe) to see if you would be a good fit for Airbnb in general from a company culture standpoint. I found this the most difficult stage because it was hard to anticipate and prepare for, but again was a casual conversation. I remember being asked about how I've handled negative feedback and what kind of things I get excited about.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you received negative feedback?   Answer Question

Fraud Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

7-8 Interviews over a span of 2 weeks - took almost a month to get my offer. Honestly at the end of the day- only apply to airbnb if you really believe in the mission and vision brian and the ceos have if not you will run dry very fast.

Interview Questions

• Which core value resonates with you the most.   1 Answer

Property Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall a positive experience. Recruiter was friendly and engaging. Two-stage interview process, one over the phone, the next one in-person at the office. Interview was with a recruiter and a manager on the team. Questions asked were more experience-based; getting a feel of how you act in certain situations to get a better idea of the kind of person you are.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to critically assess a situation in order to improve it.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Good It is the first time i did interview by online via Webex. the first interview was not possible due to connection problem. The second attempt was very good.

Interview Questions

• very structured questions. It was not direct.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in October 2017.

Interview

7 rounds: 1 phone screen, 2 onsite with your manager and future coworker, 1 technician, 1 higher manager and 2 core values.
    HR is really nice to make arrangements that fits you.