Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Interview

Very long process with multiple rounds. Engaging people, not too hard questions. Different timezones so sometimes the interviews were at odd hours. Attention to how much you care about the concept of belonging.

Social Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2017.

Interview

HR viewed my CV on LinkedIn and sent me a message. We scheduled a call on the following day and talked for 40 mins, going through my past experience as a digital marketer. Then I was interviewed by the hiring manager at their newly-decorated Beijing office for 45 mins 3 days after the phone screen. Both HR and hiring manager were friendly and easy-going. All questions were based on requirements on the JD, about creative thinking, content creation, past projects and cases. I chased HR for one week for feedback, which was negative. HR said my experience and skills met their standard but they didn't see there was a 'cultural fit' because they are looking for someone more passionate and target-driven and I failed to demonstrate those during the interview. It was a pity but sometimes you do need a bit of luck in job hunting. In addition, there would have been 4+ on-site interviews (incl. 2 group and 2 cultural) if I had passed the one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• - Please describe a marketing campaign that you led or oversaw and are proud of.
      - Please describe a big idea that you came up with.
      - Is there any marketing campaigns that you like over the past three months and why?   Answer Question

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviews took place in Montreal for Luxury Retreats. Online application, followed by a phone interview, in-person interview, and a video interview. The process was rapid, seamless, and very professional. I was interviewed by 4 different individuals in total, three of them from Luxury Retreats and one of them from Airbnb out of San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• What are some organizational tools you use?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about some projects you've been proud of and others you disliked and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a coordinator. We've set up a schedule for a phone call. It was a typical basic interview on the phone. Relatively easy.

Luxury Villa Sale Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was divided in 3 major parts, first a video interview that consisted in answering to a question on video and writing a small text,
    the second interview was at the Montreal's Luxury Retreat's offices and was divided in 3 parts : role play, interview and group interview
    and the last one was a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Did it ever happened that i stood up for something i believed in and how did it happened?   Answer Question

Villa Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 to 4 weeks.
    1. I submitted my resume on Airbnb Careers site.
    2. Got a en email for the first interview process a video interview and I had to record a video and answer some questions (written and video recorded)
    3. Invitation for a Recruitment Meetup, we were around 25 candidates, they clearly explained the recruitment process and the timeline, I was interview by someone of employee experience department.
    4. Recruitment meetup now at the HQ, we had a group activity, interview with someone of Airbnb and a personal exercisse.
    5. Core Values Interview via Skype/webex with Employee experience in San Francisco

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? Tell me about an experience you had where you felt welcome, another experience about you welcoming someone else. Why do you want to work for us? Tell me about your experience in the customer service, hospitality and traveling? The craziest idea you've ever had.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb in August 2017.

Interview

First screening was language test, following by HR phone interview. All other 4 interviews were done by web conference. After last interview, it took 1 month to receive offer.

Experience Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Barcelona (Spain)) in August 2017.

Interview

I received the interview via Glassdoor. The interviews consisted of video and face to face meetings. I had seven in total. Everyone appeared happy, well informed and open. The process was pleasant but drawn out. To receive a no at the end of the whole lengthy process was extremely disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends/family describe you in 3 words? 3 positive and then 3 negative.   2 Answers

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview process was long and are arranged via email. Was great to have the opportunity to connect with different people as it allows sufficient opportunities for both employer and potential employee to explore the suitability of the role and company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Airbnb   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Great phone call from HR manager and invited to hiring meet up.
    The hiring meet up was ok but could be better.. it was long and during the case study, we didn't really exchange with members of staff so we could share our opinions.
    Other problem, we were all supposed to have 3 chats but they didn't respect that.