Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant Phone interview and you will be asked on what you have been doing, your strengths and what do you expect from the job itself. It will be followed by a webskype interview. I asked the interviewer and understand that there is about 7 rounds of interview.

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

one phone call with random employee within the office to "test your english"
    Hiring meetup ( group and individual workshop, interviews and language test)
    Every one was really friendly and it took one complete morning from 9am to 2pm, they offer coffee and snacks all along.

CX Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

First phone interview half in english, half in my native language. Then I was invited to hiring meet up. We have to do multiple activities, from team exercise to an exam on customer support. The exam is in planish and in english. PRACTICE BEFORE. Example: What are you answering to a customer that wants to know more about becoming a host?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 5 interviews in total, one by phone, and 4 others. 2 of these 4 will be very much related to the role, the technical part. The other 2 also so called "Core values" will be more about your personality, the way you behave in certain situations etc. Those are more to see if you're a great fit to the company.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of a stressful situation you've experienced at work and what did you do to manage that.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. referred by a friend, resume review
    2. take home challenge (4-6h)
    3. onsite challenge (2h)
    4. partner eng interview
    5. culture interview

The recruiter was very helpful in the progress and gave me a lot related material and information through my preparation.

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Focus on experience and plans. It's a very happy experience talk with Airbnb people and know their work. They are very frank about their job and sincere about candidates. Even after two rounds I failed but I'd like to try again to apply this job. Emmm, that's all~

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you notice something has go wrong, will you say no?   1 Answer

Digital Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and I was told this would be the case ahead of time. I wasn't too intimidated nor put off by the process, due to the initial clarity that was provided by the hiring manager and the level of interest I had in joining the company. After the first round, it was exciting to hear from their team and they did well with giving me appropriate feedback for upcoming interviews. This seemed like standard practice, until I made it to the last round of interviews. I was told it had gone well and that they would be in touch over the following week or two. Interesting, since I have since not heard a word from the hiring manager, even after sending follow up emails which also received no response.

I would have understood this level of dismissal had I not made it through round 1, but I spent a month of my time and effort doing research, preparing for questions, and ensuring I was ready to meet various members of their team. For a position which requires a decent level of experience, I would have expected that they have more respect for their candidates. A simple "thank you for your time" would have sufficed for those who were not the preferred candidate. Unfortunately, they've not extended this type of curtesy.

For a company preaching empathy and hospitality, I'm disappointed that they don't have the professional wherewithal to get in touch with their candidates at the last stage.

Interview Questions

• What types of cross functional teams have you managed? What are your political views?   Answer Question

Language Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview on Skype with a representative of localization team, a very friendly person, talked about my previous experience and translation background. Next stage: translation test comprising several sections: translating a blog article, Youtube video captions, adverts, etc.

Crisis Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbnb in February 2017.

Interview

This was a quick phone call- cordial and friendly - did not pursue the interview process because the pay was less than I expected and reviews only happen once per year rather than twice as is the case in other places

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this role? Are you actively seeking work elsewhere? Why air bnb? Why do you think you're suited to this role?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite easy maybe because its a contractor job. We have a group interview because they really needed more people to join the team in APAC and nearly 50% of us got in.