Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Crisis Management - Spanish Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

First phone call to get to know you a little better, then later you do a Skype interview with someone of the department. 2 weeks between the first and the second phone call, but they tell you the decision quite fast after the first interview. After the second interview, I waited a week to call them to find out I didn't pass.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a 6-interview process. First with Hiring Manager, then with Manager, then with 2-3 people of the team and then with Core Values Interviewers.

People are nice and ask pretty honest questions. They don't want to make you feel bad.

The process was pretty quick - but I know from other employees it can be longer for other jobs.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter through email, was told to prep with hacker rank challenges. The recruiter was super friendly. I found the interview to be a little impersonal as the interview said he didn't have my resume or know anything about me, strictly a coding interview.

Interview Questions

• The didn't ask me anything about myself, just a simple data structures questions   Answer Question

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was fine when it was moving but was riddled with significant delays. It took over 2 months to hear anything back from Airbnb. I was of course happy to get an interview and the interviews themselves were comfortable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your community organising experience.   1 Answer

Trust & Safety Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a followup email not too long after. Scheduled an initial phone call, which took around 40mins. Got an email for the next step the day I had the phone interview and few days later video interview was followed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in August 2016.

Interview

The selection process includes multiple phone interviews with HR,City Head and finally with Regional Head also includes few presentations.I advice anyone to bargain for best salary as they can because you wont get big incentives they promise

Interview Questions

• Share your ideas to bring more Airbnb Hosts in your City   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend from my university who works at Airbnb made me a referral, and a about a week later I had my first phone screening, which went quite well. However the recruiter asked me if I was interested in the German role instead of the English one I was applying for. I answered that I hadn't spoken German for 5 years and that I felt a lot more confident in English, but if there was no chance to proceed for the English role, then of course I would give it a shot. She told me they would get back to me in a couple days. A rough week later, when I hadn't heard from them, I emailed to ask if they had any news. Then the recruiter replied that they had been very busy and had had so many applicants for the English role so they weren't proceeding with mine, but that the recruiter of the German team wanted to speak with me. So a few weeks later I had my second interview in German, which obviously didn't go so well because of my rusty German:) All in all the interviewers were very friendly and the questions not so difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the tasks are in this position?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer called at 11pm from the centre of London and couldn't reach their host?   Answer Question
    • What is good customer service?   Answer Question

CX Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by 4 half hour interviews in the office. The first two office interviews were based around my past experience and suitability for the role. They were done by team leaders from my specific team. The last two interviews were conducted by people from other departments in the company and were based on my personality and how it would fit in with the core values of the company. Every person from the recruiter to the interviewers made me feel welcome and comfortable. I was constantly kept up to date on the interview progress.

Community Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted cv coverletter online through the careers page. Had some referrals so the interview was quite fast. got an email scheduling a phone interview in 4days after submission, after a week got the call, and after 2days got a mail telling me I wasnt shortlisted for the position

Interview Questions

• Very practical questions
      Q:Job description about any position you would like in airbnb
      Q:key strengths at work
      Q:tasks at work etc   1 Answer

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was not too happy with the attitude of the interviewer. He was looking uninterested at my answers and wanted to get the interview done quickly. He did not capture what I mentioned in the earlier part of my interview and told me he was surprised that I did not do my research well. I was very disappointed by Airbnb because the company is known for hiring employees that are passionate in their job and after this interview, I developed a negative viewpoint of Airbnb.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you know about our company's culture?   Answer Question