Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

Long, it was very long and communication was no clear. It was one interview after another and I was not know when it was good no to be the last one. I never was informed correctly about the processs and I was kept bling along the process

Crisis Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a 5-6 hour process where we went through several interviews. There were around 60 people at first and we were grouped up. Given a list of items and from both the perspective of the the home owner and the person renting, we had to choose the top 5 items we would like in the airbnb and explain why.

Took a break and they told more than half of the people to go home. The remaining applicants were gathered to do some role playing. There was another cut again to about 6 people and then they did 1 to 1 interviews.

Had a skype interview on another day and I guess that was the last round.

It was a really fun interview session. I did not enjoy the skype interview though as I felt that it was difficult to show who I really was through skype. The timing was weird too as we had to skype their HQ.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview is very cool. Asked the good topics. The recruiters are very selective. If you have talent then you can get a job. Make sure certificates are not only the thing that will help it, its the talent that helps you.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I would say it was probably the worst screening I've seen in many years. Basically, the problem was that the guy picked some loud room for the Skype interview (probably kitchen) and for an hour there were talking and laughing people in the background, people who wash their cutlery, people were walking around and you could hear their every step very well. It didn't help to focus on the problem in the end.

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth interview process, a 2 way conversation and sufficient time to express yourself. Be prepared to do video interviews and go through multiple interviews sessions before you receive the offer. Overall, a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without pulling in any work or school experiences.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 7 rounds of interviews - onsite and online. Though the process seems cumbersome, it was meticulous, casual and culture focus. I love how they go through so much just to ensure that I am a good fit to the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• If I met the founders of the company, what is one thing I would tell them to change?   Answer Question

Translator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the Translator position. They sent me an online test and asked me to finish it within 3 days of receiving the email. I spent 3 hours on the test and submitted the answers within their time limit yet I've never heard from them again. I wrote to the recruiter asking when I'm supposed to hear from them about the result and didn't get a reply either. I wish they could at least have the decency to notify me the result even if I didn't pass the test.

Language Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Step one: complete a set of translation test within a given time frame.
    Step two: wait for the result for 3 weeks
    Step three (if pass test): phone interview with HR
    Step four (if shortlisted): second interview with reporting officer and more

If rejected: complete an online survey and rate the quality of service by the HR you have interacted with.

The HR person whom I had interacted with was impressively professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you are like outside of work   1 Answer
    • Describe what u understand that AirBnB does in the most concise way possible.   1 Answer

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

7 stage interview process with a combination of standard interview questions, group exercises and core values. The group exercises were done with the other final candidates at the office, in front of a panel of cross functional staff.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in February 2016.

Interview

I took five interviews in total with 5 different people of the unit. The overall experience was fun, it was much more like an informal chat rather than a proper formal interview. Interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Some suggestions concerning their activities in policy field.   Answer Question