Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2015.

Interview

first interview:
    30 minutes with head resource manager.

Then a take home assignment :
    -We have to analyse a dataset. We have one day to perform statistical analysis on it.
    -business insight based on statistical significance.

-After one week I received a rejection mail.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work a Airbnb ?
      -Do you have some knowledge of R
      - analyse this dataset dataset   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application for a Data Analyst role through a referral. An HR person was in touch with me the same week, and I had a brief phone interview the next week. Having passed this stage, I skyped with a team leader. This interview was also relatively easy (mostly focusing on my experience and a few general role-related questions), including a role-related task we conducted live. However, the exercise caught me off guard, and this ended up being the last stage for me this time. Overall very friendly people and an interesting company.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

First a phone interview, then skype interviews with the team. After that, they will call you onsite if you're lucky. Airbnb cares a lot about whether the candidate fits into their culture which makes Airbnb a great company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in the previous role you had and also explain how you got through?   Answer Question

Social Media Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I made it through two rounds, but din't pass the language test. In the phonecall they wanted to make sure I knew wehat the position would entail, they checked my knowledge of airbnb, and basically told me all about the perks of the job. I suggest you prepare well for this.
    Unfortuanetly, I wasn't focused enough on my language test (the position was for a foreign language specialist) and took it for granted. This is a good company, and it's very competitive, so don't make the mistake I made.

Customer Experience Payments Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the Airbnb website several times before getting a phone call from the hiring manager. Afterwards there were subsequently 6 interviews with my team members, team leaders and people from other departments. These interviews were conducted on Skype and were one to one. After which I had a language test and I received the offer one week later. The whole process took two months because the hiring manager in charge was posted to another department/team and I was lost in between the exchange. Other than that, it was pleasant and smooth process.

Interview Questions

• About my experience, how I would handle customer complaints and general chit chat about why I choose Airbnb. Note: remain calm and be yourself. Be really prepared and ask the interviewer questions as well. They are really interesting and amazing people. Some will be your colleagues.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an invite to a phone interview within 2 days with the HR Manager.A week later I Interviewed with the head of UK through Skype. The process was simple and straight forward. The head asked some role related questions on negotiation, partnerships development and approach.

Interview Questions

• Which partnerships would you develop?   1 Answer

Fraudulent and Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The worst company in terms of hiring. At first, i was so excited to be shortlisted after the Telephone screening and move forward to the meet up. Its a very good office, all seems like fun people,, but its over there.

I admit it that i also having lots of fun on the Meet up,lots of candidates, we play games,snacks,etc. Its half day, and before we left, another "special gifts" are given as a token of appreciation.

Next couple of days,,it ruins my day,im not shortlisted. I encouraged myself to call in and asking good advise and why im not shortlisted (as i really want to join Airbnb). They told me that im "not suitable" with the "culture" of Airbnb.. And after that statement, i asked again,when i could re-apply? and the answer, no time limit,but not the same position.

So first, the bunch of people that doing the Meet Up are all newbies AND interns, and thats a bad start to REVIEW your candidates.

Second, what kind of culture you mean? So youre saying all staff there are FIT for the culture, and they will work hard, not lazy, no complaints, and not drop a review in Glassdoor? Sorry, this attitude because of YOU, Airbnb, unfair system.

I tried the second time, applying as Host, and then i got email saying, the position are filled. Yeah right, i checked the website, and that position are still vacant.

Will never apply again, and Airbnb, you lost my trust, no longer my fave, will not try your service

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2015.

Interview

At first, I had a phone interview with the HR manager who came from Singapore for the interview. Another day, we had a creative group activity to test the team work skill first and later had a simulation to answer a customer's claim over the phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I want to work for the customer service position.   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Istanbul (Turkey)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They sent me an email after couple of weeks. The position was in another country. So I did a Skype interview with the recruiting company. It was about 20 minutes long. The recruiting lady asked couple of questions

Office Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apac (Uganda)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Apac (Uganda)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me to arrange interview. A few days later, I had phone interview with APAC HR, she said she will get back to me in 10days but never heard back since.