Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Office Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apac (Uganda)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Apac (Uganda)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me to arrange interview. A few days later, I had phone interview with APAC HR, she said she will get back to me in 10days but never heard back since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. She asked me to complete questions/ videos through HireArt, it took longer than 45 minutes, but it was fun! The next day the recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. It went well, I was asked general questions such as why I want to work for Airbnb, and about my past experience. I was then scheduled for a skype interview with one of th senior employees, which I thought went well.
    After this, no news from the recruiter. After a week, I sent her a follow up email. And I had the surprise to receive a failed delivery email saying that my recruiter's airbnb email address had been disabled. I checked her Linkedin profile, and she was no longer working in Airbnb!!
    I contacted another recruiter found on Linkedin to see what was going on. I was ignored. I am very disappointed, and this kind of behavior is NOT what I expected from a company who claims to care about their community etc.
    After having conducted your HireArt process, and two interviews I would expect you to at least let me know that I did not pass the interview process, and to let me know that the HR in charge of my recruitment has changed company. Besides the fact that you wasted my time, you did not show any respect. You should not treat me people this way.

Interview Questions

• Mainly general questions about my past experiences and why I would want to work for Airbnb.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Long, mostly.
    It took over a week for the Recruiter to come back to me after each interview session, there was 8 interviews in total. Everyone I met was lovely though and nice to chat to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through a friends referral. Was contacted around a month after by a recruiter. Was first scheduled for a phone screening interview. Questions were mostly focused on my previous experience an qualifications. Was also asked why I am interested in particular role and why I would like to work for them, together of what I could bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what we don't know about you.
      where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would you deal with negative comments from customers?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was extensive. Had to go through 6 interviews (Via Skype and Face-to-face).
    People were super hospitable when I'm at the office for interview. The panel of interviewees held different job roles which allowed me to understand the company culture and framework more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Mostly a general question from all interviewees.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was drawn out and it took very long to hear back, but I was updated regularly. The interviewers were all very friendly and professional. All calls were made through Skype so they were all face to face, sort of.

Interview Questions

• What would you answer, when a customer asks: I should have received a payout! Why have I not received the payout yet!?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was with an HR person. Just standard questions mostly trying to figure out which data science team I would best fit in with based on my experience. I then got sent a take home challenge - it was an AirBnB data set which I was supposed to analyze and assess. The questions were fairly open ended. I was prepared for a machine learning type of analysis but this challenge was all about statistics. I don't know if this helps but this challenge was all about statistical modelling.

The interview process was fair and interesting. My only complaint is with the HR rep. They did not respond in a timely manner to any of my emails. I was emailed to say that they were interested in interviewing me. However to nail down an interview time I had to repeatedly email them because many of my emails were not responded to. I was told that I would be given the results of my take home challenge by Monday but having not heard anything by Wednesday I emailed to get the results. I have also been unable so far to get real, quantitative feedback. I have emailed multiple times but have not been able to get in touch with the rep. The rep was really not on top of my progress and I found this pretty annoying.

As a side note, I really dislike not being given feedback in the interview process. I spend a significant amount of time preparing for the process. As a courtesy if would be nice if the company would take the time to give me back real feedback.

Social Media Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people in total plus the telephone interview. The last interview on site it was the worst interview experience I have ever had. The last guy who interviewed me was so rude and arrogant and made me feel so uncomfortable throughout the interview. He gave a really bad impression of what the company is like because he looked like he was very unhappy to be there and to be interviewing me. I expected Airbnb employees to be happy and friendly since they represent one of the friendliest company currently around but this guy was extremely unfriendly and not nice at all. I am still waiting for the results of the interview process but I don't think I keen to work for this company as I was before.

Interview Questions

• They gave me example of inquiries that customer can do on social media   Answer Question

Customer Experience Payment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire procedure took me 5 months. 5 MONTHS.

I had a total of 5 interviews, of which in between is a plus minus one month wait for the results. So for this heart wrenching 5 months, I was just waiting for e-mails coming into my inbox, indicating that I have/have not made it to the next round. Fortunately, 4 months of waiting went past smoothly, probably because I did not to bad for the interviews.

Now to the final interview. The team was deciding between me and another candidate, fair enough and I just told myself I needed to give in my all. After completing the final interview, I was told that I have to wait for another week for the interview result. Within this one week, I've seen the job position being taken down the career page, and another fellow glassdoor user posting about getting hired for the same position that I was waiting for. Speculations aside, I think I do deserve a response from the team, regardless of how well/badly I have done for the interview. Seeing it from outside sources instead of them makes me feel unwanted and thrown aside, just because I did not make it to the cut. It is disappointing that I am still waiting for a so-called rejection e-mail from them, just to have a closure and move on with life.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

After i was applied online, I got the response in two days, there is phone screen for me.
    And i don't have much interview experiences before.
    I just did the first step, phone screen and waiting for their response for interview if have...
    The HR is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experiences before?
      How do you think a perfect customer service?
      Do you have any skills about customer service?
      Do you know airbnb before and did you use it before?
      How do you think the customer service cycle?How it is going to be?   Answer Question