Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

CX Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. After a few weeks I got an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule a screen call and was asked to complete an interview/answer questions via Hireart. After completing the interview on Hireart it took 2 more weeks before I had the screen call with the recruiter. The phone interview went well, I was asked about why I want to work for Airbnb, past experience, how I would handle given scenarios, etc. Then I was scheduled for 3 more skype interviews with employees. The interviews went well. The people at Airbnb are very friendly, professional, easy going, and they really want to understand who you are, and if you're a good fit for the company, professionally and culture-wise. The whole process was very pleasant, professional, and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: self-introduction, previous experience, why customer experience specialist at Airbnb
      Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
      Tell me about the last time you did something nice for someone and you didn't have to do.
      A guest is out of the place booked and he cannot contact the host. What do you do?   Answer Question

Language Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

This has been by far the worst experience I've had in terms of a hiring process. I sent my CV via an internal referral and after a month I received a confirmation that I would receive a 3-hour translation test to do at home and submit via email. The test was pretty long but I really enjoyed it. After that, I got an email by someone in recruitment saying that I would soon receive a feedback on my test, negative or positive, with a brief explanation why it would have been accepted or rejected. Well, end of the story. Months passed by and I didn't get any feedback at all, even after sending the recruitment team a few emails (which obviously they never bother to reply). Some people I know, who did the same test, got a negative feedback, which is fair enough, at least they got an answer, but not me.
    A few days ago, surprise! I got an email thanking me for my interest in Airbnb and bla bla bla, but the position had been filled. When I replied by asking about my feedback, I didn't get any reply. I wonder if they ever reviewed my test, or they just lost it. I spent 3 hours doing a test and they couldn't spent a bit of their time reviewing it and replying to my emails. My impression is that the recruitment team is made of absolute beginners who have no idea how to work and be professional. The absolute lack of respect for candidates appalls me, and makes me wonder about this "amazing" company altogether.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

When I applied, I first had to fill in an online form with some questions, my CV and a cover letter. I then received and e-mail from a recruiter because she would like to schedule a phone interview (I didn't live in Ireland at the time). She asked me a few questions about why Airbnb, what did I like about the company, what kind of jobs I had before etc. Then I was asked to record a few video's, where I had to answer a few random questions. These video's are recorder by a special tool, and you can re-record them if you don't like it. After this I was asked to write four e-mails, two in English and two in my native language. I finally had two skype interviews with Airbnb employees and they asked for two references.

Interview Questions

• I think it's important to know what the company is about, and what their goal is in this world. They want you to be passionate about the same things that they are passionate about. For this role it's also important to be a people's person.   Answer Question

Operations Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process - up to 8-9 interviews. You'll be interviewed almost by everyone who'll be working with you. Questions often get repeated so you can see there is not good internal communication between the talent teams and interviewers but neither interviewers communicate with each other. The interview took months but the process was not the worst I had - the talent representatives were very helpful.

I was interviewed by management, peers and stakeholders I would have to work with, as well as people whom I won't have to work at all within my role.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you did something nice for someone?
      If you could teach somebody something, what would that be?
      Have you ever failed? when and how?
      If a friend of our CEO reached out to him asking for support, but their claim is unreasonable, how'd you handle that?
      Have you ever worked on projects that have helped the operations to improve/succeed?
      What is the biggest achievement of your career?
      What is your experience to date?
      Have you ever received bad feedback from a colleague? and good?   Answer Question

Regional Supply Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (New Delhi (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was stretched over around 5 months and there were multiple rounds. So one has to be patient. They interview a lot of candidates and then if you are the best amongst, you get the offer. Dont expect them to get back to you immediately with the result of your previous round and trust that they surely will

Interview Questions

• They focus a lot on core values and thats the main elimination factor if you are not a culture fit for them   1 Answer

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Milan (Italy)) in March 2015.

Interview

I did 6 interviews and then get out of the process as "my profile was not in line with the search". Seriously guys, after 6 interviews? What about reading my CV? Poor management of the process and very stupid involve people not from the same field, valuating your competencies.

Interview Questions

• Very personal questions, even around drugs and addictions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in February 2015.

Interview

Overall I had a pretty standard hiring process for an american web company. The outcome was very good it took 2 months (included 2 weeks Christmas holidays) and 5 rounds (8 interviews). I applied online and quickly received a phone call from HR (mainly to make sure we were both on the same line and questions about expectations). Then I had a homework to do in 24hrs (based on mimic data). Followed by a round of 3 face to face interviews with direct manager, operation manager and a team lead (I was ask to present my homework, then mainly situational questions and about my previous experience). A week later I had a 2 Skype interviews with managers from other teams, nothing related to my work experience only about myself, my challenges, achievements, my personality and chatting about almost everything. Then I was scheduled with an other face to face interview 3 weeks later (2 weeks off for Christmas), again chat about my achievements, challenges.
    I was offered the position 2 weeks later.
    I had a really positive time with them, almost didn't feel like a real interview but more friendly chats, you are there to bring something and they are there to offer an opportunity. What's make this process unique (even compare to other web companies like Facebook, google ...) is the constant focus on are you a good fit for airbnb, do you match airbnb's core values, will your personality shine in the company?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a good package, it matched my expectations (hr phone call)

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2015.

Interview

still in progress... so far ok as normal phone screening. HR is friendly and punctual, happy about the two way communication. Waiting for further their further notice as was informed will be the following week.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

It took them 3 months to get back to me about my application. Once I was invited for an interview it went fairly fast. I asked for feedback about the interview multiple times but did not get any at all, although they send out a survey about their interview process themselves.

Interview Questions

• If you could live in any period of time and any place, what would it be?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in March 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted around 3 - 4 weeks. It started with a phone interview, next was a hiring meet-up with other candidates who applied for the same role. Hiring meet-up consisted of a writing test, group activities, case scenarios and 1:1 interviews. Last round was Core Values interview that was done on Skype.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question