Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in March 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted around 3 - 4 weeks. It started with a phone interview, next was a hiring meet-up with other candidates who applied for the same role. Hiring meet-up consisted of a writing test, group activities, case scenarios and 1:1 interviews. Last round was Core Values interview that was done on Skype.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Cx Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

The people at Airbnb were very professional, friendly and efficient during the whole process. The organisation of the interviews via Skype and my interviews in Dublin were all well handled and as interesting for me as I hope it was for them.
    One thing is sure, they know what they are looking for in a candidate and they let you know right from the start so that the candidate can confirm (or infirm) his "compatibility". They send you links to videos and news articles so that the candidate can learn what Airbnb is all about, if they didn't already know that is...

Interview Questions

• Without limiting your imagination, what will Airbnb look like in 25 years?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Seoul (South Korea)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview email. Indeed I had not expected that much as my resume and cover letter were not that ready and enough yet. What i strongly remember in the interview is that the interviewer spoke really fast. It was fine though.

Interview Questions

• Basic one: Self-introduction / the previous work experience- I had bn in a service area so that was asked who was the most memorable customer.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Airbnb (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

Skype Interview. They telling a lot about the benefits what you will have. Its a easy going conversation. Some questions about the CV. Some questions about your travel experience.

CX Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

unprofessional procedure: interwied by potential future colleagues not hiring manager and in a weird 1 to 1 setting. The recruiter was completely unreliable on phone interview day she didn't call at all I had to contact asking, then she scheduled interviews with normal office workers potential colleagues of the role I applied for not with hiring manager as she announced. I asked explanation of unsuccess she never replied.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Well, the first time that I applied I had 4 interviews, the second time ( the successful one ) I had 3 interviews which I going to describe now.

The first interview of these 3 is in a group. Basically, I met up with successful applicants in the location provided by the company ( not the office ). We were all sat on the chairs and one by one had to stand up, saying his name, where coming from and a Fun Fact. After that, we were split into small groups were we had to go through fake scenarios ( incoming call from Customers / Interviewers ) and deal with it so they could see our skills.

After that, 3 small one to one with 2 different employees. They were asking general questions like, where I was working previously, why Airbnb, how do you react in front of stressful situations. Then 10 minutes one to one with a Team leader of CX.

After that, the process was over. I have to admit that changed a lot the process of hiring in Airbnb in the last few years. As i said, when i've applied the first time i had to go through 5 interviews and questions were mich weirdest than the second one.

Supply Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Paris (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

It took 4 month, 9 interviews, 1 business case and a presentation.
    The interviewers were around the world, well prepared and nice.

They changed the job description twice during my interview process.

Once I arrived in the last step of the process, the presentation, I got refuse because I didn't have tourism background... OK, they (and I) already knew from the beginning that I didn't have that background.

Anyway, it was an interesting process.

Interview Questions

• The main KPI. What GTM strategy I would run in order to achieve the X target.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to Supply Acquisition specialist role on January 2015 and we started our interview stages with a recruiter. I said that I have no employment permit but I will apply for it by holding a contract that shows you need me. I also said that I can pay all the fees related employment permit, I have a 3rd party for organizing all these stuffs. and recruiter said "Employment permit is not a problem at all, Let's start our interviews."

After first stage of my interview another recruiter said that it is a 3rd party contract role, I said "OK it is not a problem for me" and we arranged the second interview with department manager.

I passed also this stage and in final step I talked with a person in my native language.

Everything went fine, I passed all the stages, I got an offer from them and after getting contract with 3rd party and tried to apply for employment permit. I learned a rule in Irish government website says that "Employee must be paid by Employer directly." and I sent many e-mails to recruiter and also my 3rd party contact.

They have no idea about government rules and I really felt that they do not care about me and my situation at all. After my efforts to find a way to get a employment visa and sending all necessary information to them, I found all of these myself, I also contacted with a person in Airbnb team, I offered them "Please arrange an interview for Customer Experience specialist role. These are the same roles but the only difference is that one is inbound other is outbound.".

Lastly another recruiter contacted me after at least 5 e-mails from me to first recruiter and said that "We can not continue with a candidate who does not have a valid work permit. It is our company policy"

It lasts two and a half month from first day and everything changed in negatively.

It is a real waste of time for me and I always think that a company, huge company or startup like airbnb must have an completely sufficient and informed HR team firstly. They are enlarging very fast, they are increasing their size rapidly, they hire many people like me everyday but their HR team do not know anything about work permit or their company policy at all!

Interview Questions

• How can you increase Airbnb revenue in your own country?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

I was invited to send a video interview via Hireart.
    I then was called to a 3 hours group interview.
    It was the second time I was invited to this group interview, last time being for a trust and safety investigator position.
    The interview process was all the same as the previous one. Group introduction, role plays and written tests with questions about the company.
    I must say I am truly disappointed about Airbnb. They almost shout to the world that they are looking for motivated people, passionate about the company. I personally must have sent more than 20 cvs, even though I was rejected the first time almost at the end of the hiring process with a lame excuse "your background is not a fit for the position" (then why picking me for the interview in the first place?). But I did not lose heart, I tried and tried, I was called once again for the customer experience specialist position and I started the hiring process again. If this is not proving myself to be passionate about the company I wonder what is. I had to watch people being picked over me just because they have an internal referral, or because the interviewer found them nicer.
    Truly truly disappointing. I am not sure this is the kind of company I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• None, they didn't even give me a chance. Great reward after 8 months I have been waiting to be called for the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

The first step was an online test called “Hireart” which consisted of four written questions and three videos, that I had to record. This took quite a while, nearly four hours to answer all and practice the videos (definetly too much).

Few days later I was invited to the “Hire meetup” which was very inorganised. As “Airbnb friendly”, traveller and customer service experienced, I was pretty confident but the first feeling I had once arrived, was to that I was back in college considering the average age of the other candidates. There were almost 25 people squashed in a room with some still joining the meeting 40 minutes after the starting time and nobody of the recruiting team said a word.

After a short introduction of ourselves and our travelling experience, we were divided in four groups and had to start the role play process in an extremely cold room.

The last step was a 1to1 interview with team leaders and members of the team (some of them in the company only a few months) in which we had to talk again and again about ourselves, travelling experience, what Airbnb means for us and hobbies, so nothing at all about customer service or other professional skills. At some stage I didn't know what we were talking about and why I was there because there was nothing related to the job in the conversations.

In the last part of the meeting (after more than three hours) some candidates were hanging around and weren't that sure if they were free to go or not.

The complete joke has been the feedback that I received four days later in which they said that “after considering my background, qualifications and the conversations, they felt that I didn’t fit for the role because I haven’t got the necessary experience for that position” .

I mean, not to argue about the fact that other candidates had more experience but why did they invite me to the second step after reviewing my CV and the Hireart which was more technical if I had not the relevant experience? They pretend to be “cool and different” but the recruiting process is absolute disgraceful and unprofessional.

In almost ten years this is definitely the worse experience ever had.

Seriously, if you're experienced and you're looking to move up in your career, don't waste your energy and days off, they are not looking for you.

Interview Questions

• - Last time you did something for someone and you didn't have to do.
      - A guest is out of the place booked and he cannot contact the host. What do you do?
      - What was your most difficult decision in your life   Answer Question