Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was pretty exhaustive - phone based plus in person in Sydney and SF. Good use of technology, very adaptable to time differences and access to senior people.

The check-in process once you have been hired is first class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fairly structured and not a lot of room to move - but I'm sure this varies country by country. Equity an important but evolving component.

Trust and Safety Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2014.

Interview

One hiring meeting event with other candidates. Very casual interview procedure with self representation and group tasks. Two skype interviews afterwards which are just a quick chat who you are and why you like to be at airbnb

Interview Questions

• Keeping online for the skype interview as it was life with San Francisco and the connection to the HQ is very poor   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Had 2 skype interviews for the position with them. First one, was really nice, I was feeling very comfortable and it was friendly and easy going. Interviewer said she was impressed with my CV and that my native language would be a big plus for the position.
    Next interview was with 2 people from USA and it was a bit strange. I had a feeling they were not very much prepared for it and were reading questions off the screen. Did not feel the good atmosphere around it, however, hoped that i would get further from that stage. I have e-mailed and asked the recruiter for any specific reason that i was declined for, so will wait and see what they say.

Interview Questions

• Rather unexpected one - Tell me about a time when you improved a process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb in November 2013.

Interview

First you should send them your email, also answering on some questions about you. Then if they like your resume they will contact you, otherwise they will send you a massage, that you are not in. In they interview they ask some math questions, also algorithms, and simple coding knowledges. You should also know a bit architecture knowledges.

Regional Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.

Interview

Exciting, cross regional, informative and in depth. I was lucky enough to meet many people in the organisation that helped me make a well informed decision on whether this was the right move for me.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Interview

Applied via their website. Received invitation to participate in a Hireart a couple days later. In this, they asked me to answer to some emails, and to explain some policies of their website to potential customers. Then was invited to a hiring meetup. They make us introduce ourselves, explain why did we love the company, why did we wanted to work in it, explain a fun fact about ourselves, and do some role playing answering some customer phone calls. This was the worst part because they expected you to answer really specific questions about their policies (payments, insurance, guarantees, refunds...). I don't really understand why are we supposed to memorise all these things for an interview process. Still in the process now, I'm supposed to do some skype interviews soon.

Interview Questions

• If you were to do a Ted talk, which would it be? Why?
      Why do you want this job?
      When was the last time you worked really hard?
      When was the last time you helped someone?
      How do you cut a cake in 8 equal pieces with 3 knife cuts?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was very keen to work for Airbnb and applied via LinkedIn, and was contacted a couple of months after, when a similar opportunity had opened. The recruiter screen went well though it took some time to get the time right (time zones misunderstanding).

I was then scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager, who got the recruiter to cancel our interview as I was already waiting on Skype. It was rescheduled for the same day, 3 hours later (late evening for me), and this time he just didn't show up at all. I sent an email to the recruiter who apologized on his behalf and we rescheduled for another night, which happened on time this time, with no mention on the previous mishaps.

I was successful and got to the next round, 4 skype interviews, for which I gave the recruiter my availability. She scheduled 2 at the only moment I said I was unavailable. I sent her an email right away (2 days before the interviews) to ask her to reschedule but was still contacted on the wrong day by an interviewer who had not idea we weren't meant to speak that day. Recruiter apologized, and we rescheduled, all interviews back to back and I took an afternoon off to make sure it would happen.

This is when I started losing motivation... The first interviewer asked me the most random questions, amongst which "tell me a joke" (and it wasn't one...) and "tell me something extraordinary you did in the past month. Since I had not discovered the cure to starvation that month, I thought I'd go for something "challenging" instead... and try to do better the following month (but probably not at Airbnb). I tried to impress him with my knowledge of the company and its growth and expansion, with the acquisition of several companies, amongst which a direct competitor in Germany. He told me I was wrong, no such thing ever happened... By then I had lost 50% of interest in the role, but I still decided to drop it. He then praised the company at length: how his whole family wears Airbnb t-shirts and the company itself is like a big family (it started to smell like stinky cheese right there).

Next interviewer was great, bright, smart, sharp, with very tough but real life problem solving questions that did not involve me pretending to be Louis CK.
    The final one was a nice one as well but actually reading out pre-written questions, and trying to log my answers right away into her feedback system, which was a little disturbing. She offered to answer more questions by email afterwards, which was nice and told me I should have a couple more Skype interviews after. Radio Silence after that, so I wrote to the recruiters a couple of weeks later to give them feedback (someone's got to get feedback!) and let them know I was dropping out (thank you Airbnb for letting me exit with dignity!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a joke.
      Tell me something extraordinary you did in the past month.   1 Answer

Country Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb in September 2013.

Interview

14-15 rounds of interviews seem to be the norm. you get through 4-5 interviews with the senior management and then they do a status check before you meet the functional team heads and HR. Final 2 candidates are sent to the HQ to meet one of the founders.

Interview Questions

• I liked 1 of the questions actually - what would your peers/ex-coworkers say is the biggest misconception about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

After the submission of the CV through Jobvite you can get contacted within a week through email by the recruiter. You are then invited to an online interview. If this interview is successful you are invited to a hiring meetup where you meet current aircorps and customer experience management. If you pass this stage the next day you will know for a final interview. The final decision is communicated to you the next day. Very quick response from the recruiter after going through the interview stages.

Customer Experience Specialist - Dublin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2013.

Interview

A few days after submitting the application I got invited to the Hiring Meetup where I met other 20+ applicants. Some of them flew in for the interview from Germany (Airbnb didn't pay them to fly). We sat in the circle, filled a form, introduced ourselves and told a funny story each. Then we we broken into smaller groups and each group interviewed with a HR member who assigned typical support questions and picked an applicant to answer. Coffee, tea, pastries were complimentary.

Interview Questions

• "Hello, I just arrived but my host isn't there and I cannot reach them. It's raining, I'm tired and my bag is heavy, what shall I do?"   1 Answer