Airbnb Interview Questions in Singapore | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

3.1

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant Phone interview and you will be asked on what you have been doing, your strengths and what do you expect from the job itself. It will be followed by a webskype interview. I asked the interviewer and understand that there is about 7 rounds of interview.

Crisis Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a 5-6 hour process where we went through several interviews. There were around 60 people at first and we were grouped up. Given a list of items and from both the perspective of the the home owner and the person renting, we had to choose the top 5 items we would like in the airbnb and explain why.

Took a break and they told more than half of the people to go home. The remaining applicants were gathered to do some role playing. There was another cut again to about 6 people and then they did 1 to 1 interviews.

Had a skype interview on another day and I guess that was the last round.

It was a really fun interview session. I did not enjoy the skype interview though as I felt that it was difficult to show who I really was through skype. The timing was weird too as we had to skype their HQ.

Trust & Safety Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a followup email not too long after. Scheduled an initial phone call, which took around 40mins. Got an email for the next step the day I had the phone interview and few days later video interview was followed.

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

After CV review, they contact to set up the date for the phone screening. passing the screening, offer an onsite interview. It was kind of difficult to me, but if you prepare the interview, may get an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer says he/she can't reach to the host in the middle of night?   Answer Question

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was not too happy with the attitude of the interviewer. He was looking uninterested at my answers and wanted to get the interview done quickly. He did not capture what I mentioned in the earlier part of my interview and told me he was surprised that I did not do my research well. I was very disappointed by Airbnb because the company is known for hiring employees that are passionate in their job and after this interview, I developed a negative viewpoint of Airbnb.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you know about our company's culture?   Answer Question

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth interview process, a 2 way conversation and sufficient time to express yourself. Be prepared to do video interviews and go through multiple interviews sessions before you receive the offer. Overall, a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without pulling in any work or school experiences.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 7 rounds of interviews - onsite and online. Though the process seems cumbersome, it was meticulous, casual and culture focus. I love how they go through so much just to ensure that I am a good fit to the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• If I met the founders of the company, what is one thing I would tell them to change?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview took more than four interviews and the whole process was very fun and engaging. the interviewers were very sincere and fun. the whole office feels like a place to play and learn than work. the questions asked by some interviewers were not the average kind of questions that would be asked usually. the working culture is very unlike normal companies, it is more of a closely knitted family kind of workplace.

Language Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Step one: complete a set of translation test within a given time frame.
    Step two: wait for the result for 3 weeks
    Step three (if pass test): phone interview with HR
    Step four (if shortlisted): second interview with reporting officer and more

If rejected: complete an online survey and rate the quality of service by the HR you have interacted with.

The HR person whom I had interacted with was impressively professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you are like outside of work   Answer Question
    • Describe what u understand that AirBnB does in the most concise way possible.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Payment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire procedure took me 5 months. 5 MONTHS.

I had a total of 5 interviews, of which in between is a plus minus one month wait for the results. So for this heart wrenching 5 months, I was just waiting for e-mails coming into my inbox, indicating that I have/have not made it to the next round. Fortunately, 4 months of waiting went past smoothly, probably because I did not to bad for the interviews.

Now to the final interview. The team was deciding between me and another candidate, fair enough and I just told myself I needed to give in my all. After completing the final interview, I was told that I have to wait for another week for the interview result. Within this one week, I've seen the job position being taken down the career page, and another fellow glassdoor user posting about getting hired for the same position that I was waiting for. Speculations aside, I think I do deserve a response from the team, regardless of how well/badly I have done for the interview. Seeing it from outside sources instead of them makes me feel unwanted and thrown aside, just because I did not make it to the cut. It is disappointing that I am still waiting for a so-called rejection e-mail from them, just to have a closure and move on with life.