Airbnb Talent Acquisition Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The Airbnb interviews process was lengthy, repetitive and a number of the interviewers struggled to turn up on time.
I had 9 interviews in total spread out over 3 days. The interview process ended with me meeting two of the founders. Both came across well but one turned up over an hour late. Of course they are busy but this was both disappointing and off putting. The final founder who I was due to meet was unable to meet with me so I was told I'd have to come back.
After chasing up numerous times I was told after waiting over a week that one of the founders thought I wouldn't fit in culturally (this is even after I went out for beers with some of the engineers).
Ultimately I was very keen to work for Airbnb but the process left me feeling I'd been messed about and treated poorly.
Sadly from reading other reviews this seems to be a theme throughout. I suggest that the founders move on from interviewing the employees as it surely cannot be sustainable. Particularly when people are coming away with similarly disappointing candidate experiences.

Interview Questions