Airbus Interview Questions in Bristol, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

3.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter shortly afterwards, for initial screening. About a month later a group video interview was setup with the hiring managers and an HR representative. The technical part of the interview was fairly difficult but behavioral questions were generic and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you faced at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring managers are really nice. Had two people interviewing me. They start of by telling you about themselves and the company. Very chilled and relaxed. I applied online in December 2016. They got back to me in February however I was put straight through to interview didn't have to do assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Why that job and some competency questions about the role and technical questions   Answer Question

Fuel and Landing Gear Test Graduate Interview

Application

Interview

After finishing the online application and the online exams. The final stage was a day long assessment centre including an interview, group exercise and a business case exercise. The interview was 2 hours including technical questions regarding fluids, stress analysis and some electricity/computing questions. The technical aspect also included questions about the systems in question.

Interview Questions

• The business case exercise involved analysing some data and then reaching a decision with ur partner and presenting it to the assessors. It was very straightforward and there is no right answer as long as you logically give reasons on why you reached such a decision.   Answer Question

Graduate Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very useful and learned something from it.They ask me some technical questions that a graduate without experience is difficult to know but everyone was very pleasant and the company paid for all my expenses although it was much money because I was not located in UK at the time.

Interview Questions

• Security problem that you had to solve and prepare a presentation   Answer Question

Graduate Programme Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

From online application to first phone contact - 1.5 months
    Then to assessment center - 1.5 months
    Assessment center takes a whole day in Bristol. The hotel location is very unfriendly to public transport or people traveling from airport.
    The activities are intense and usually you feel like you don't have enough time to finish.
    We had 12 people on that day. Assessors are professional, nice and easy to approach.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

third time applied and got in. This was due to mistake in making a fancy curriculum. Make ur cv look simple with highlighting only your engineering experience. The filter system could not cope with fancy resumes

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

One hour group exercise, one hour business scenario, two hour graduate insight, two hour one-to-one interview. Assessment center was in a local hotel so off-site and not able to view the area you would be spending most of your working life. Being an ex intern, you are NOT guaranteed a graduate position. Interview had six candidates (including three ex interns) for a single position. Some members on the interviewing panel were Facebook friends with some of the other graduate candidates, which seems completely unprofessional. Heard talks about going out for dinner with current employees afterwards... During the one-to-one interview, both interviewers seemed completely uninterested and just going through the motions of an automated procedure.

Bumped into an old colleague (who I knew while I was an intern) who was on the interviewing panel. When I asked how he was, completely dismissed me and kept walking. Didn't bother to make me as a returning candidate feel welcome, or as an ex colleague feel remembered.

I enjoyed my time as an intern, but on the interview's events I felt as if I was just another number, unwelcome and without much of a chance against competition. Rejected within 24 hours. Generic automated email to say I was unsuccessful. Has left a real sour view on on the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a member in the team. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

After a group exercise the interview took place. It lasted 1hr 45mins and there were two interviewers. Half of the interview were general competency questions and half were technical questions specific to the role I applied for. The interview was quite regimented with little room for normal conversation between questions. The questions were asked from a script.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you've solved conflict within a group?   2 Answers

Direct Entry Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Online tests including cultural fit test. Assessment centre in Bristol for the final round. Assessment centre consists of 2 group exercices and a 2-hour interview. Also plenty of opportunity to chat with current employees during the day. Interview contains 45 mins. of competency questions followed by difficult technical questions, make sure you revise!

Direct Entry Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Rigorous yet organised and enjoyable assessment centre followed the online application, reasoning and judgement tests. Day consisted of a group exercise, self-assessment, two hour technical & competency interview and a business scenario presentation exercise. Company was very generous with travel and hotel budget. There was also an opportunity throughout to meet with many senior members of the team as well as current graduates on the program.

Interview Questions

• When something went wrong in a group exercise, how did you attempt to overcome the problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question