Airbus DEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbus DEG Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbus

4.0

DEG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

They start with you talking through your CV. Then they ask competency questions, typical STAR questions for ALL of the competencies sent to you in email. So PREPARE them extremely well.

Second part of same interview is a surprise: usually they don't tell people about this one -

They start with what do do know in the news about Airbus (latest) and want you to talk about at least 3-4 things!

Then this is leading on to a technical question such as how would you cost the landing gear of an A320. In this I felt, they were looking for common sense answer and a specific word/phrase- as soon as you say it, they beam at you.

Over all, the interviewers were so supportive and prompted me along so much that I was almost embarrassed. The good thing was that I took my time to answer the questions. I scribbled the question as they asked on a bit of paper (they provide this). Then I asked for a minute to gather my thoughts and planned my answer logically (not taking too long, mind!) and then took them through the answer, talking as if I were explaining something to someone from my point of view. (So: confident and sure but not arrogant!)

You really need to be passionate about the Supply chain, logistics, and Procurement. Don't go for it if its just a job for you. They can tell if you do. Also REALLY brush up on your aerospace knowledge. I felt I was lacking, but the important thing was that I didn't blag. I was honest and spoke up if I didn't understand a question or a component etc.

I have never had a more reassuring panel interview me and I have had at least 10 in the past year! On the day you get to mingle with the interviewers so ask them intelligent questions, I am told it is all assessed but not sure. The company culture is brilliant, I found that many interviewers had joined in as DEGs themselves so they understand your situation as a nervous participant.

The group exercise is easy! just speak up and be supportive of the team- that is what they are noticing, i think.

Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• How would you project manage a brand new plane release, what project management tools did you use? Take us through your daily routine as a PM.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations really, DEGs have a set salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Airbus

DEG Interview

Interview

The assessment centre was well organised in advance and during the day, too. The initial communication was quick and helpful.

During the assessment day the candidates had to do four excercises (group excercise, individual technical/behavioural interview, motivation for job and company and mini business scenario).

The interview is quite detailed when it comes to the technical part related to the position you apply for, so be prepared. Everybody was really friendly during that day.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about on the technical know how for the position applied for. The questions are partly "tailored" to the applicants CV, so prepare what you have done in the past.   Answer Question

DEG Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbus.

Interview

Application form (online), Online Testing, Assessment Centre. There were 10 people invited to the assessment centre which consisted of a group exercise and presentation, individual case study and presentation, panel interview both competency based and technical, written exercises on your motivation, a networking lunch and an opportunity to speak with a current DEG

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline
      What have you seen in the news lately about Airbus (they expect you to cover a lot of different areas with this)   Answer Question

DEG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2008.

Interview

online CV submission,
    Telephone interview
    assessment center
      - basic numeric & problem solving tests
      - technical interview
      - behavioral interview based on Core values
      - Group exercise - looking at group interaction behaviors not knowledge.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions, but you must be familiar with behaviors (sent prior to interview) and show examples of these behaviors in your life. (it is understood you are just a graduate so any examples do) also you would be wise to understand the basic structure of the wing (if going for Airbus Bristol) and systems contained within.. nothing detailed. basic knowledge expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation