Airbus Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbus Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbus

4.0

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

third time applied and got in. This was due to mistake in making a fancy curriculum. Make ur cv look simple with highlighting only your engineering experience. The filter system could not cope with fancy resumes

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Airbus

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview scheme was really organised and run.

It is a long day, you arrive at your start time, meet the other candidates and get to meet the assessors for the day.

Once all the introductions are done you are then split into groups to complete your group task. Task is not technical, it is just used to assess your thought process along with how will you interact with your team members!

Next stage was a business scenario. This is a time constrained task and can be quite daunting but if you plan you time correctly you should have enough time to complete. A presentation is then required of your findings.

Last stage was a competency bases interview with your standard HR questions. Following on from this will be your engineering technical based questions. My only advice to this would be thorough planning/research of your chosen scheme but also be prepared to answer general engineering technical questions. This I believe is used to assess your thought process to tackling a challenge presented to you.

It is a long and draining day but the staff are great and look after you and make you feel at ease as much as they can. I would recommend to anyone.

I have rated difficult for the amount of time and prep I put into the day. It was useful on the day but how much prep you wish to put in is up to you.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airbus (Stevenage, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Went through a series of individual and group exercises, including a presentation, interviews, group exercise. Lasts 1 whole day at a hotel, exhausting. Most difficult one was the short presentation they ask you to prepare in 30min about business...

Interview Questions

• What are the different modes on a space robotic arm?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First you get a first contact by phone with simple questions. You also have to fill some tests online for logic, english and comprenhension skills. I you pass the first part you are invited to an assessment centre with several phases.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 months in total. I applied online, after that I had to complete an aptitude test. They called me after that to invite me to an assessment centre. The day was quite though, but they did everything to make us comfortable and relaxed. We started with an introduction to Airbus Defence & Space by the HR guys, which was followed by a group exercise. It was about planning a route to transport parts between 3 different Airbus locations. They were watching us, to see how we can work as a team and how we can approach the problem (so just general team working, leadership, problem solving skills). After that we had 1 hour to make a plan for a 6 months long project with the given requirements and resources, and also to prepare for a presentation about it (which was at the end of the day). In the afternoon we had the one-to-one interviews by 2 assessors, one was asking about core competencies, like when I was leading a group, failed a project, etc... and the other one was asking about technical skills (it was software stuff for me), like write a function (on paper) that does this or that, and write an object implementation, make pointers to it, etc... What are the differences between C++ and Java, how would I debug a big piece of software... It was not hard if you know OOP, but when they are watching you it's easy to mess up some small details. At the end of the day there was the presentation, it's mainly about how you can plan and present.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

One hour group exercise, one hour business scenario, two hour graduate insight, two hour one-to-one interview. Assessment center was in a local hotel so off-site and not able to view the area you would be spending most of your working life. Being an ex intern, you are NOT guaranteed a graduate position. Interview had six candidates (including three ex interns) for a single position. Some members on the interviewing panel were Facebook friends with some of the other graduate candidates, which seems completely unprofessional. Heard talks about going out for dinner with current employees afterwards... During the one-to-one interview, both interviewers seemed completely uninterested and just going through the motions of an automated procedure.

Bumped into an old colleague (who I knew while I was an intern) who was on the interviewing panel. When I asked how he was, completely dismissed me and kept walking. Didn't bother to make me as a returning candidate feel welcome, or as an ex colleague feel remembered.

I enjoyed my time as an intern, but on the interview's events I felt as if I was just another number, unwelcome and without much of a chance against competition. Rejected within 24 hours. Generic automated email to say I was unsuccessful. Has left a real sour view on on the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a member in the team. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question