Airgas Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airgas Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Lafayette, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

I recently applied at two different locations for a delivery driver. They were both hiring for the same position but in different locations. I informed both branches that I had also applied and was contacted to be interviewed by the other branch. In one location, the branch manager had a sales employee contact me and at the other, the district manager contact me. I received an initial interview at both locations with the branch manager. Then a second interview was conducted at both locations.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generic in one sense with the first branch by the manager. The manager was assisted by the district manager and a previous driver whom has transitioned to another position. This was a new process for me but very rewarding because it was a good experience for me during this process. Basic questions were asked and it appeared that it was a generic set of questions that originated from the internet. I was fairly familiar with them because I managed for 13 years. I was not really impressed with this process because it appeared less genuine. However, one thing that I have learned to appreciate is that we all have our strong points as leaders or managers and this could have simply been a circumstance situation that produced a generic listing of interview questions buy the manager. They district manager really asked a very good question. With your experience and education, where do you see yourself in the next few years? I pondered it for a second or two, with my experience and educational background, I would be interested if the opportunity presented itself to be in your position within that time frame. Everyone smiled and laughed a little then I corrected it slightly not to ruffle the feather of the manager. the district manager said well, that means that I would have moved up also. I stated that anything is possible. I stated that it would only be after the manager would assume that position and I would assume the manager's position. The previous driver was fair because his question was very simple and to the point. How old are you? Are you able to do manual work? Overall, it was a good experience and an opportunity for me to sharpen my personal skills and interview techniques. However, the second interview was quite different in all aspects. This was without any question, the best interview that I have ever been through. The manager was honest, clear, straight to the point of wanting to know about me the person, my goals, skills, and how can I add value to the current company's operations. I was very pleased and shocked at the same time. Because of his next statement after I responded, I can read your resume up and down and back and forth, but I want to have a discussion with the person that I am interviewing. The manager discussed the background of the company, its goals and missions, and how my background and skills could potentially add to what's currently in place. We also discussed the opportunities that will be offered if hired by the company. I felt very fortunate because as the manager stated, a resume can be purchased, copied, and fabricated and not that this was the case. But, the manager wanted to know the person behind the resume. The manager gave me a tour of the shop, allowed me to meet the staff, and introduced me to the other driver whom i would work with if hired. The staff was a reflection of the manager and it was a breath of fresh air. As the manager in my mind was a reflection of the district manager and so forth. I liked this location so much that I came back the following day before I was hired to observe the operations of the driver. I was not allowed to work but only to have a discussion and observe from a distance. I have finally found a home, a place that I plan on building my career onto my retirement. Phew!! LOL.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate anything. For potential applicants, it was be advantageous to know the mission of the company and several products that this company produces or provides as a service to its vendors. Have some questions that you would like to ask as well. I was taught to always have questions because it shows that you are also interested in the company but more so you are also interviewing the manager or representative to determine if this is a good fit for your career as well.

Other Interview Reviews for Airgas

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cocoa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Cocoa, FL) in December 2008.

Interview

Wanted to know about previous driving experience and my ability to physically be able to handle the job. Knowledge of welding gases and supplies which I new nothing about.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get as much money as you can. You will be stuck with what ever you start with except your 2.5 - 3% annual raise.